Pirate at 0% hull and 0% shield, won't die

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

chrishaug

Pirate at 0% hull and 0% shield, won't die

Post by chrishaug » Mon, 2. Mar 15, 02:43

Hello.

I am having a pirate ship following my UT and causing me a bit of annoyance.

I have tried to use missiles on him, I have tried to repair his ship up to 2 % and then shoot him down to 0% hull.

The pirate ship spawns with 0% hull and 100% shield.

I have Steam X3AP 3.1 English.
The game is unmodified, but I do have the Bonus Package from Egosoft installed.
The problem occurs often enough to be a problem instead of a nuisance, meaning once every few hours.
I have not made any changes to my system or my game before this happened. I get no error messages or any other additional symptoms.

Here follows DxDiag feed from my system:

<Thanks for the DxDiag but I removed it to save space as it is not relevant in this particular issue. Alan Phipps>

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 2. Mar 15, 18:56

This is a problem that happens every so often in the vanilla game and not anything to do with your system. It may perhaps be caused when a save is made just as a ship somewhere is in the act of dying and that save is later reloaded. Most players see invulnerable Pirate/Yaki/Xenon/Kha'ak ships only because of the side effects when they attack or are attacked, but other race ships can be so affected without always getting noticed.

Here is a thread that will tell you more with a couple of possible courses of action.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”