Page Formatting:

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Page Formatting:

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Wed, 8. Apr 15, 00:18

I have a problem in preparing my posts that is aggravating and one I hope the other readers/writers might be able to help me with.

My "problem" is than when preparing a post using office word 365 I spend a fair bit of time on it before moving to post it on a page here or on one of the other forums.

This is when I encounter "the problem".

I have to re-edit the post using the preview function because it no longer looks as neat and tidy as it did when I wrote it. This also results in me editing the post for appearance and much of the meaning I wanted in the original gets lost in the translation as it were.

Can any one give me a list of page/print type format settings for word 365 that will enable me to use my word processor program to duplicate the format settings used on the forums that will render this re-editing unnecessary?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or tips you might offer.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 18:30

You could write a macro, which formats the text for you. Here is an example, whereby not all of the used bbcode tags are supported in the egosoft.com forum and others like the quote-tags might not be needed. See this guide on supported bbcode tags.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Wed, 15. Apr 15, 05:46

x2-illuminatus:

Thank you for your response, sadly my eyes glazed over after reading the first page of the suggested methods. I am not a programmer and was hoping for a more mundane solution but the response is appreciated.

Thank you, Shaun.

Return to “Creative Universe”