General Error - Error in Posting

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Paranoid66
x3tc

General Error - Error in Posting

Post by Paranoid66 » Thu, 23. Apr 15, 10:45

RE: General Error - Error in Posting

One for a creative moderator. please can you help me.

I have been trying to post the next part of my story now for two days but keep getting the above error message. As I have limited online time this is rather frustrating.
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: General Error - Error in Posting

Post by Terre » Thu, 23. Apr 15, 10:46

Paranoid66 wrote:RE: General Error - Error in Posting

One for a creative moderator. please can you help me.

I have been trying to post the next part of my story now for two days but keep getting the above error message. As I have limited online time this is rather frustrating.
Have you tried flushing your browser caches.

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Thu, 23. Apr 15, 11:01

Is that the same as clear browsing data as I tried that on chrome but the problem persists. I am using a library computer. also could the size of the post make a difference.

Also thanks for responding.

98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 23. Apr 15, 11:13

The cache is part of the browsing data, yes. But you should make sure that the tickbox for emptying the cache is selected in the respective menu, when clearing your browser data.
Paranoid66 wrote:also could the size of the post make a difference.
While there is a limitation on the post length, posting longer posts than allowed usually just has the effect that the post is cut off after the maximum length is reached. It shouldn't interfer with submitting the post itself.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 23. Apr 15, 11:17

Seems like it's a error which occurs with long posts. You may need to split it into two posts.

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Thu, 23. Apr 15, 11:27

Thanks Xenon_Slayer.

Issue solved via splitting my post in two. Will have to watch this in future usually limit to 64kb and it is fine not sure why this one was problematic as reads as 63.9.

P66.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 23. Apr 15, 11:43

It should be a character limit. Maybe 65000 but not 100% on that.

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Mon, 4. May 15, 07:25

I've been having similar issues of late. Normally a long post is just cut off but over the past several months it simply won't post at all. I've also been experiencing oddities with PM's. There was one that would not send, but is now a permanent part of my Outbox. I can't open it and I can't delete it.

I don't know what's happening from a technical perspective, but there does seem to be a ghost in the machine.
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

Nyito
x4

Post by Nyito » Mon, 4. May 15, 19:31

To back up Scion; as the recipient of that unusual PM, it's also stuck in my inbox. I can't open it to read it(not that I need to, as a follow-up was sent), nor can I delete it.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Wed, 6. May 15, 21:12

Nyito:

Have you tried "Saving" the offending PM rather than trying to open it?

I'm sort of thinking of treating it like a viral email you want to deal with remotely as it were.

Return to “Creative Universe”