Feeding Terrans

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

flashcactus
xr

Feeding Terrans

Post by flashcactus » Tue, 15. Dec 15, 19:54

So I've built myself a nice trade network earning me hundreds of kilocredits per hour, completed the Terran plot which got me a Vidar and a Claymore, found the X-Shuttle (Yay for lore geekery!) and put all three of them to good use in the Final Fury campaign.
And while I still kinda prefer the feel of Commonwealth lasers, the Terrans make absolutely awesome missiles. Until you start running out of them, that is. No problem, says me, let's deploy some CLS freighters at Terran missile fabs set to buy at one credit below average plus one to collect and dump them at my equipment tank. They all make a few buys, then the fabs stop producing. They're out of C-Rations.
So I try to add some freighters to haul terran food, and while I'm at it, terran bio wares. And at that moment I realize that the number of fabs producing Protein Paste is exactly zero. Ditto for Carbo Cake. Murderized, no doubt, by GoD's wrath. Which means all terran weapon production is probably gonna starve to death as well. There's aldrin, whose fabs make two of the most-used terran missiles but with the large distances and aldrin colonists apparently being astoundingly omnivorous (seriously, how do they manage to eat ALL of the commonwealth foods AT ONCE??) it would be a challenge to organize a supply loop there. And it's still only two kinds of missiles when I use four.
So now I'm left with the obvious question: What in the world can I do about it? Is there any way to convince GoD to put them back, and in the meantime, somehow prevent what's left from vanishing into the black nothingness as well?

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 15. Dec 15, 20:51

Terran bio products are actually shipped up from the planets and appear at the docks...where without intervention they sit and rot while the food fabs idle along doing nothing. Set up some CLS runners from the docks to the fabs, buying at average (since that is always the dock price, which is why the NPC haulers never move the stuff) and selling fairly high.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

flashcactus
xr

Post by flashcactus » Tue, 15. Dec 15, 21:24

Timsup2nothin wrote:Terran bio products are actually shipped up from the planets and appear at the docks...where without intervention they sit and rot while the food fabs idle along doing nothing. Set up some CLS runners from the docks to the fabs, buying at average (since that is always the dock price, which is why the NPC haulers never move the stuff) and selling fairly high.
Interesting, I always thought docks shipped stuff down and thus acted as sinks.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 15. Dec 15, 22:15

In this, as in many things, the Terrans are backwards. Other docks are strictly sinks. Terran docks produce shields from nothing (near as I can tell), and their bio comes up in Atmo Lifters periodically. The Atmo Lifters may bring other stuff too. I'm not sure.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”