UFO's

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tnorgate
x4

UFO's

Post by tnorgate » Sat, 9. Apr 16, 23:35

Has anyone else seen the UFO? A flying saucer no less - should have followed it I guess.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 10. Apr 16, 10:46

You should definitely try to follow a UFO, if you see it. If you manage to do that long enough, you may find the secret UFO base, which provides answers to almost any question in the X-Universe.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

ShoC
x4

Post by ShoC » Sun, 10. Apr 16, 16:53

:roll:
they have had almost 1000 years to terraform Aldrin, why are they all still sitting around a giant rock?

Catra wrote:
because you cant terraform a rock.

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Mon, 11. Apr 16, 00:51

The problem is following it long enough.

I believe that the minimum time is about 6-7 in-game days.....
-- GD

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sun, 17. Apr 16, 01:22

I was looking at the move script for the UFO. It's apparantly scripted to flee from the player the moment the player enters it's attention range. Since it has a 400m/s speed, following it continuously may be tough to do.

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Wed, 20. Apr 16, 21:16

X2-Illuminatus wrote:You should definitely try to follow a UFO, if you see it. If you manage to do that long enough, you may find the secret UFO base, which provides answers to almost any question in the X-Universe.
You can go on a snipe hunt with the ufo when you find the base.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 21. Apr 16, 00:01

martimus wrote:You can go on a snipe hunt with the ufo when you find the base.
/Snark/ hunt shirley..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 21. Apr 16, 17:39

Simoom wrote:Since it has a 400m/s speed, following it continuously may be tough to do.
I would consider this to be a mid or late game goal. After all you need a good setup for following such a fast ship. You will need some time to figure out, where a UFO will fly next. But if you do that long enough, you will get a feeling for it, and when you have reached that state, the speed of the UFOs are no longer a problem.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 22. Apr 16, 21:29

It should be quite doable, actually.
Supercharged Mk. 5 engines have a top speed of 360 m/s. That's already 90% of the UFO's speed.

Combine that with dashing shields and you shouldn't have any problem keeping up using short bursts of boost to make up for that last 10%.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Mon, 25. Apr 16, 01:20

Has any one seen a UFO in Rebirth? If so, where.
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 25. Apr 16, 20:02

Stu Austin wrote:Has any one seen a UFO in Rebirth? If so, where.
stu
I've never seen any myself, but there are a few screenshots lying around. Look at the bottom posts of this page: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

I've seen a closer shot recently on the forums, but I can't remember exactly where.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Tue, 26. Apr 16, 01:20

Thanks! Its definitely in Devries. I'm going to fly around there and see what I can find.
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 26. Apr 16, 15:02

I saw a pretty good close-up of a UFO in another sector, too. I just can't remember if it was maelstrom or torride. (Can't find the link anymore)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”