Possible bad auto pilot in Home of Light

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

strude
x4

Possible bad auto pilot in Home of Light

Post by strude » Wed, 9. Mar 16, 01:24

Hey there

Has anyone else noticed that when trading in Home of Light, sometimes the traders just wander off? This happens with both my traders, and NPC traders. I started in the HoL start, and haven't left that system, expect for one time when I was landed of another ship that went through the gate.

I quite often find one of my ships way north of the sector "The Purge", and usually see other NPC craft out there. My trader, as well as other NPC traders I've checked, are supposed to be trading with a station in a completely different sector within HoL (according to the trade queue and NPC command displayed), but for some reason they just keep heading north. I'm uncertain if it is always when trading with a particular station, or if any station can trigger it.

I've put it here in the spoilers section since, even though I've explored the area north of The Purge, it's still possible that there is a zone out there somewhere that these ships are heading towards, and The Purge itself sin't straight forward to stumble upon. I only have a modified game so I'm not sure a save game will help.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

Langlo
x4

Post by Langlo » Wed, 9. Mar 16, 07:01

Its the same to me. I had medium ships that I used to trade with, but had to stop use them in HOL. Only happens at west gate but did it often and then something destroyed them. Was my traders that found the first 2 sectors there and I did not send them there.

strude
x4

Post by strude » Wed, 9. Mar 16, 08:14

And they always seem to.be heading to a station in the bottom sector. It's as if they the system loops around and it's quicker to around the top than through the highways.

Are you saying it doesn't happen with large ships? I've only used medium ships so far.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

Langlo
x4

Post by Langlo » Wed, 9. Mar 16, 10:25

I removed my trade ships from HOL and I have not checked after I put one large ship there. They are faster, can jump and will protect them self a bit more then medium ships. The large one may also do a strange path now and then, I dont know. No attacks on that ship so maybe this is just for medium ships?

Maybe I put more large ships to trade in HOL for test :) I have the credits for it now, didn't have it when I had only medium ships. Was less income when they suddenly went on sightseeing also, even if they made it without attacks.

But in my game its a issue with the AI in west gate with medium ships and possible large ships. If the trade ships wander of I cant send them back to the main zones at the highway, I have to send them first to Nirin Treaty and then to the district 01/02/03. If I send them to district 01/02/03 before they enter Nirin Treaty they will just continue to go north. It have to be a bug.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 4. Jun 16, 23:36

sorry for digging this up, but just had an idea what could be wrong and looked a bit through files - i coundnt find anything for the initial report but there is an invisible Zone between Zone 3 and 4 containing 2 Nav Beacons (which would explain Langlos report) - and the Pathing seems to be attracted to them. this is still far awayfrom Zone 7 which was initially claimed as waypoint, but either this has been changed or the report was exgattered - can anyone confirm this?
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”