Steam Controller layouts for Rebirth?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pepperg
x3tc

Steam Controller layouts for Rebirth?

Post by pepperg » Mon, 15. Aug 16, 04:35

Just got one of these and curious to know if the default layout for Rebirth is the same as the Xbox 360 Wireless, and if any community members have any good layouts they care to share.

Thanks.
SeagateBarracuda320GB 7200 SATA
LIANLI PC-7B plus II MidTower
EVGA GeForce8800GTX 768MB
Intel Core2Duo E6600Conroe 2.4GHz
CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
WDRaptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

DollarDeath

Re: Steam Controller layouts for Rebirth?

Post by DollarDeath » Tue, 13. Sep 16, 18:16

pepperg wrote:Just got one of these and curious to know if the default layout for Rebirth is the same as the Xbox 360 Wireless, and if any community members have any good layouts they care to share.

Thanks.
I believe the Steam controller is the best device for this type of game. The dual stage triggers and programmable activators/macros allow you to access all elements of the hud and weapons with relative ease.
I'll try to put my profile up as XR Dollar on the community page, but I recently tweaked it so I have to play for 15 mins before I can post it.

edit: The only problem with controllers in general with this game is "fly to position" on a specific point on the map. Then you have to switch to mouse. Especially annoying when you are streaming to your front room tv via steamlink. Yes you can fly to a specific point and "fly to my position" but you have to wait there until the ship arrives.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”