Quest rare engine bugs

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

spacefun

Quest rare engine bugs

Post by spacefun » Sat, 22. Oct 16, 15:46

Quest rare engines bugs

I have a problem after give the engine to the client, the and select upgrade the engine no tell to who to claim the engine, didn't no happens with the quest of the eggs before that why didn't save that part. Please help me out. Also I found a video in you tube with the same problem I have here is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxVMRu0nFIQ

Please need help ASAP.

Thank you

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 22. Oct 16, 18:20

I think that issue was identified where the station with the mission offers only has one dock and/or all the station personnel slots are filled up when you try to complete the two missions close together, or sometimes just for the second mission on its own.

When one mission such as the eggs one creates a specific mechanic to complete it, the second mission for the engine may have nowhere else left to create its different mechanic and so there is nobody to go to and get the engine.

The best way out of it is to go to a previous save before you complete the last mission and keep the two missions for different times in your game when there are definitely spaces left for NPCs on the station.

Otherwise you can just take the money for the engine mission. You can always collect more parts and also find the engine mission again in several stations. (I think I have sold about 8 completed rare engines to missions in my totally vanilla game.)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

spacefun

Post by spacefun » Sun, 30. Oct 16, 22:21

Please elaborate better answer for more details, I already collect all the parts gain, what you said is delete the mission and do eh again. How sure is no happens the same again.

Thank you

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 31. Oct 16, 11:50

I did not say to delete/abort the engine mission. I said that you can always take the money rather than the Mk5 engine if you are worried about this problem happening, especially if you had just done another similar mission (such as the experimental jumpdrive, rare shields or rare weapon). Then do the rare engine mission again later on as it keeps coming up and the parts keep dropping from kills. (This is not the case for other rare item missions.)

The problem happens when there is nowhere on the station to create the mission mechanic NPC to deliver the rare item. It happens mostly with stations where there is only one dock and so less flexibility in the NPC numbers.

You can roughly check this by looking at the Info tab at any dock on the station when you want to complete the mission. See if there seem to be many or few NPCs at that time. The total number of NPCs on the station can change quite regularly so it may be worth waiting for a lower total to appear if you are worried.

Obviously save just before trying to complete the choice to take the engine.

spacefun

Post by spacefun » Wed, 2. Nov 16, 18:33

Well, the problem I didn't is first I try to get the 5 engine rare and didn't rare shield yet and worry about happens the same again and lost all the part for the other two rare mission I read something about a patch for that in steam but I can't find where have to look to download that to fix the problem Can you help me with that ASAP.

Thank you

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 2. Nov 16, 19:32

Sorry, I do not understand. Asking for one rare item will not make other missions' parts disappear from your inventory. The only such missions that overlap are the Mk 5 engine and the experimental jumpdrive that both need a complete rare engine.

The actual problem is just that *sometimes* you can ask for a rare item and then find that there is no NPC mechanic to go and get it because there was nowhere to create it. That is the only situation you should be worried about.

If you are really desperate after a bugged failure to receive an item in this type of mission then just edit the appropriate rare item you should have received into your inventory list in a gamesave. The Scripts and Modding forum and various fan sites can identify the items by their in-game IDs.

As to worrying about what might possibly happen before it even does happen, just make a save before you ask for the rare item and you are completely safe to go back to it and try again later if it does go wrong that time!

spacefun

Post by spacefun » Fri, 4. Nov 16, 21:11

Ok, I will erase that mission I will try again, but as you see in the video I founded in you I no the only with the problem and is old as 2014. What said before I read in STEAM forum was a solution with patch made for that problem but I didn't where have to patch the problem anyway thank I let you what happens after do the mission again.

Thank you

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”