Mouse issues

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Mouse issues

Post by Cursed Ghost » Sat, 31. Dec 16, 18:35

hi all

I have a copy of XGold that I've had sitting on my shelf for a while now and since i was bored I decided to give X-Tension a go as I've never actually played it but I'm having a problem i installed and updated the game just fine the game loads and runs ok but i have no control for some reason it doesn't seem to like my USB optical mouse and when i move the mouse nothing happens

i don't think this is an issue with my mouse because it works fine with x2 and above so my question is how do I get XBTF and XT to work with my mouse ?

do i just need a serial mouse to play XBTF and XT

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 31. Dec 16, 19:23

Maybe try using a USB to PS/2 adapter if you have one? Just as a temporary workaround of course.

Another possible tip; if playing in windowed mode, try it again in fullscreen then exit and restart the game.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 10. Jan 17, 20:27

I haven't played either X-BTF or X-Tension in over a decade, so I'm not sure about this since I only ever played them with a joystick, but do those X Gold games even support a mouse for controlling the player ship? I seem to remember that the originals didn't. The X Gold versions are also very old, but the newer ones available on Steam and GoG might.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 10. Jan 17, 22:07

The answer about the mouse in Gold and later versions of XBtF or XT seems to be 'Sometimes' or 'Yes with a bit of fiddling' or 'Yes, but it's sluggish'.
But then I guess I am only finding forum evidence posted by people that had problems. :lol:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”