X3AP Soleno point of view issue - modded game - resolved by clean up

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

rhohltjr
x3tc

X3AP Soleno point of view issue - modded game - resolved by clean up

Post by rhohltjr » Sun, 22. Jan 17, 23:17

Just came back to X3AP because of the great StarWars Mod. I have noticed something strange with most of the craft. Oh yeah. X3AP 3.1. Win 7.

The point of view is normal in the buster I get in my startup. But if I move to a (unmodded)Soleno the point of view moves down or somewhere inside the frame of the craft. Did I miss some update or patch that will eliminate this? Has anyone else experienced this?

I have the game modded but have disabled most of the mods in the Plugin Manager. Currently only have the Cheat Collection, Pure X v1.spk, and Smart4_7_2.spk. I have screenshots, DxDiag and a snip of the plugin manager if needed.

I hope this is not an attempt by Egosoft to force everyone into a 3rd person view. :( :(

Any help appreciated.
RHJ

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 22. Jan 17, 23:30

Many X3AP users fly the Solano and the view is just fine in vanilla so forget the conspiracy theory! :wink:

You may have something amiss in your mods or install that could be in the AP addon folder or in the TC base-game files. Have you verified the gamefiles cache for both TC and AP separately (if Steam)? Have you checked your mod files are actually gone from the relevant game folders?

See this thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

rhohltjr
x3tc

Solerno point of view issue

Post by rhohltjr » Mon, 23. Jan 17, 02:12

OK this does sound like my issue. One player even starts as a humble merchant like me.. OK will re remove everything including the plugin managers and redo all.

Thanks,

Hope this is a fix for me too.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 23. Jan 17, 16:37

See the end of this for advice on how to get a good clean vanilla install. Good luck.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

rhohltjr
x3tc

point of view issue - modded game

Post by rhohltjr » Tue, 24. Jan 17, 02:48

So far so good. Got a Solano and am now looking out the canopy like I'm supposed to instead of through the frame counting rivets.

Thanks for recognizing my issue and helping me help myself.

:thumb_up:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”