[X3LU] [OBSOLETE] Internal Distribution Network 1.2b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Vlad13
x4

Post by Vlad13 » Sat, 5. Nov 16, 15:19

Ah ok then, that explains why they mostly haul energy cells, they always have them in their cargo :) I will try to set fuel resupply to zero.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 5. Nov 16, 16:41

Vlad13 wrote:Ah ok then, that explains why they mostly haul energy cells, they always have them in their cargo :) I will try to set fuel resupply to zero.
Well they're not supposed to get rid of their fuel. I'll look into that at some point later... someday.

myrmidon
x3tc

Post by myrmidon » Mon, 7. Nov 16, 03:09

For some reason, my Transporter keeps wanting to move Argnu Beef back to the Sanctuary.

...obviously, I want the Argnu Beef to get moved instead to the Cahoona Bakery by the "Supplier" ships.

I do not have Argnu Beef listed in "capacities" in my Sanctuary (nor any other food type. Nor is there any Argnu Beef stored in the Sanctuary now (or ever, AFAIK).

Using IDN for the first time. I have these stations in the one and only IDN Group:

Sanctuary
Cahoona Bakery
Cattle Ranch
Crystal Fab
Solar Power Plant

Each factory is set to 50% import, 5% export. FYI the "Supplier" ships are doing exactly what they are supposed to.

The Sanctuary has nearly all items set with a capacity except missiles (which I'm selling). I have two Sanctuary items, set to buy, that match the above IDN Group's output: Energy Cells and Meatsteak Cahoonas. For a long time, the Transporter was correctly fetching just ECells and Meatsteaks. Now that I have met my capacity for ECells, that Transporter decided to transport Argnu Beef for some reason.

____

I set aside a savegame in case you wants the precious.

For now, I'm working around this by using the Suppliers only

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 7. Nov 16, 08:25

It works as intended.

Export at 5% means that the Argnu Beef will be transported by Transporters to your Sanctuary if the stock exceeds 5%.

Transporters are meant to transport products to dock; if you don't want that, either don't set a Transporter, or rearrange your networks. Besides, transporting your products to your dock can be useful, you don't risk overstock and all the Suppliers go to the same place.

Your dock config is not taken into account; Transporters will always bring products to it, that's what they do.

myrmidon
x3tc

Post by myrmidon » Mon, 7. Nov 16, 18:32

Perhaps I should set up different IDN Groups, organized by the role of the TS ships within them:

1. "Supply Group", and use Suppliers to exchange resources for each factory within this Group

2. "Transport Group", and use Transporters to move products from factories within this Group, to the Sanctuary (or Sanctuaries?) within this Group. I would need to ensure to have only "final product" factories within this Group...that is: factories producing items I want delivered to the Sanctuary.

note: I could have/should have inserted the word "dock" above in place of Sanctuary.
____

Your interesting comment "transporting your products to your dock can be useful, you don't risk overstock and all the Suppliers go to the same place" prompts/implies a question:

Does an IDN Supplier consider a Sanctuary (or any dock) as a source? For example, for Energy Cells? This would allow me to add a Sanctuary to a "Supply Group" and *also* use the Sanctuary to provide ECells to any of the factories in the group.
____

Thanks for the help, and especially this IDN feature! It is saving me a ton of courier scripting.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 8. Nov 16, 08:43

myrmidon wrote: Does an IDN Supplier consider a Sanctuary (or any dock) as a source?
Yes it does.

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Fri, 25. Nov 16, 09:16

Joubarbe,

I have a small problem with transporters and SPP.
I set 4 mistral super freighters as transporters in a network of 2 SPP and one sanctuary. But only 2 MSF transport energy cells at any one time.
Since the SPP produce a lot faster than what the 2 MSF can transport, the SPP become full and I start losing production/efficiency.
Shouldn't all 4 MSF be transporting the goods if there is enough to fill each one's cargo bay?

(I do not currently have a savegame sorry, if you need one I can prepare it this evening)
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 25. Nov 16, 09:21

It's important that they synchronize; and a very basic implementation of synchronization between ships consists of allowing only one ship on a route. Could it be improved? Yeah, for sure :)

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Sat, 26. Nov 16, 08:31

In the End I used courriers instead of Transporters for the SPP. I dk why I didn't think of this before.
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 26. Nov 16, 08:44

I use several Couriers and Freighters; IDN is not supposed to supplant them.

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Wed, 7. Dec 16, 13:59

It doesn't seem to work between a complex and a station. I have an Ore Mine and a complex producing spacefuel and shields in the same sector. The supplier stays idle even as its flashing asking for more Ore. I added the complex hub and the ore mine to the network. It didn't work. I even added the shield factories to the network. Still no joy.

I haven't found any tractor beam factories.

PS: I'm not using Mayhem.

bloodright21
x3ap

Post by bloodright21 » Tue, 24. Jan 17, 01:39

is there something like this for the star wars mod?

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Tue, 31. Jan 17, 04:31

It's not working with Sanctuary on Mayhem 1.

maule123
x3tc

Post by maule123 » Sun, 19. Feb 17, 19:55

For some annoying reason suppliers and transporters stop refueling after 20-30mins and starts to slowboat it across the universe, usually right into the nearest pirate or xenon fleet. I know is not because there aint any energy at the homebase so I dunno what I'm doing worng. Just in case I set minimun jumpfuel to 30 and jump supply for a few jumps

Guess i'll have to build a sanctory in all systems to avoid them having to jump around

michaelcdf
x3tc

Post by michaelcdf » Thu, 6. Apr 17, 21:07

I have a small problem. The transporter told me no dock found. I try to have meatsteack deliver to my sanctuary but it say no dock found. I will send you a pm with a link of my save file

ps: I am bad at the game entirly possible i did something wrong

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Thu, 6. Apr 17, 21:56

michaelcdf wrote:I have a small problem. The transporter told me no dock found. I try to have meatsteack deliver to my sanctuary but it say no dock found. I will send you a pm with a link of my save file

ps: I am bad at the game entirly possible i did something wrong
Just checking:
Did you include your sanctuary in the list of stations?
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

michaelcdf
x3tc

Post by michaelcdf » Thu, 6. Apr 17, 22:07

Sirrobert wrote:
Just checking:
Did you include your sanctuary in the list of stations?

I told you I was bad :)
I forgot to edit my idn an now of course it is working.
thanks

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 6. Apr 17, 22:09

Support is now a premium service, for only 99$ a month!

(don't send me PM, it's a forum)

michaelcdf
x3tc

Post by michaelcdf » Thu, 6. Apr 17, 22:26

Joubarbe wrote:Support is now a premium service, for only 99$ a month!

(don't send me PM, it's a forum)
sorry :cry:

Mr.YaR
x3ap

Post by Mr.YaR » Tue, 30. May 17, 06:28

Having a hard time understanding why some things work and other don't:

This is one single network:

- Cahoona A + Dolphin@HomeBase Cahoona A

Dolphin does supply Energy Cells and Cattle (from cattle ranch)

- Cahoona B + Dolphine@Cahoona B

D. does supply ECells but does not supply Cattle...

Also have a scimilar situation with Solar Fab and Crystal Production center...
The Crystals never get where they should. (SolarPP and Sanctuary)

Tryed various settings(adding and removing things into IDN), the only thing i've found is using manually set courriers, but it takes a lot of time as there seems to be no copy past button for courrier settings.

What could be wrong?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”