Gray Skybox Issue?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Xoriss

Gray Skybox Issue?

Post by Xoriss » Wed, 1. Mar 17, 03:39

Hey all,

New to the forums, and X3 in general. Glad to see this has such an active, involved community.

I've just run X3 for the first time and I'm encountering an issue that I can't seem to find a solution for anywhere. Certain areas sectors seem to show parts, if not all of their skyboxes as, well, just gray background. Sometimes this is broken up with some neon checkerboard like pattern. I've included a picture below:

http://i66.tinypic.com/6hi8g9.jpg

As you can tell, I'm running the Star Wars mod on here. To be honest, I'm not sure if that's causing the problem or not. It's the only mod I've added, and I've followed the instructions to a T. If you think that has something to do with it, I'll remove it and see what happens.

My basic specs are as follows:

Win 7 64-bit
11GB RAM (Yes, really)
i7 920 @ 2.67GHz
Gigabyte GTX760 4GB

If anyone's experienced this issue, or might know of a solution besides removing/reinstalling the mod, please let me know. Enjoying the game thoroughly aside from this issue

Thanks!

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 1. Mar 17, 09:41

Yes, I'd say it was highly likely that it's the mod causing it. The only other remotely likely cause would be a broken installation. If you're using Steam you can do a file verification using the Steam client to eliminate this possibility, but frankly I doubt it will help.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”