Complex hub displacement

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Waltz9

Complex hub displacement

Post by Waltz9 » Wed, 1. Mar 17, 18:13

Hello

I really love the game and been very bussy building my complex's.
But recently I been having problem with the hub placement for my complex.

I started as terran and completed the loose ends missions. I have build a selfsustaining energy generating complex hub in kingdom end with the soul purpose to improve my reputation with the argons which works out great.

But recently the argons have attacked my complex and due my slow capital ship the complex hub got destroyed. Once the enemy was eliminated I tried to rebuild the complex hub but whatever I do I keep having problems.

The factories all survived but are just not connected anymore. so I'm trying to reconnect them. When I connect 2 factories the game asks me the complex hub placement. When I fix its position I either press enter or click the icon on the map again to build the hub but everytime the hub is placed on a different spot then where I wanted it. Once it even got build outside the sector view. How can I solve this problem because I already tried reloading the map, reload the entire game. but I always get same result. the hub always spawns in a random location on the map.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 1. Mar 17, 19:22

The problem you are facing is that the hub is potentially being placed in a position that is within the collision box of either a station or a ship - for example such as an NPC trying to dock or having undocked at one of the disconnected stations.

The hub avatar should jump around a bit before you place the hub if that situation applies, but that is not always reliable as a guide in complicated placements.

I would start with the two outermost stations and place their hub somewhere that is clear, but not necessarily the place you finally want it. So long as you observe the under 20 km distance between hubs rule throughout, you can keep doing that using pairs of the disconnected stations. Only the final pair needs to have the hub where you want the overall complex hub to be unless you have already achieved that earlier. That is unless you still have an odd single station left over. Now save.

Then start connecting the hubs of the station pairs until you are ready to connect the very last pair (the one with the hub where you actually want it), or the last odd station, and then save again before the last connection. The order in which you select the hubs you are connecting determines which hub of the two that you will keep each time.

Good luck.

Moving to X Trilogy Universe (gameplay) forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 1. Mar 17, 19:48

Just to narrow it down a bit further: when you connect two hubs to each other, the one you select FIRST will be the one that results from the union - keep this in mind when connecting them.

OPTIONAL Additional: Another player (glenmcd) has done some research on the performance of complexes, particularly the larger ones. If you would like to reduce the lag created by the complex to some extent, you need to connect the stations in a "binary tree" arrangement. What this means is that you first connect pairs of stations to each other. Then, you do the next layer which is to connect pairs of those hubs to each other. Next, you recur: you once again connect pairs of those hubs. Each time you do this, you end up with half as many hubs as before, until you end up (ideally) with just two to link into your final complex hub. It only works out perfectly like that if your total number of stations is a power of 2, but even if not, you get close enough to make a difference. The reason that this works to improve performance is because it shortens the longest possible path from any of the factories to the complex hub, essentially. Good news is that despite sounding complicated, it uses the exact same number of complex construction kits.

The above is totally optional, provided merely in case you are interested in taking advantage of this opportunity, seeing as you are currently re-connecting your plex in any case.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Prosik
x3tc

Complex placement

Post by Prosik » Sun, 26. Mar 17, 08:50

Had the same thing happen while trying to connect stations. The complex hub would move at random away from where I wanted to place it. Had to use salvage insurance to get it where it would work for me :)

Please consider giving us the ability to ESC through cut scenes or disable them entirely while placing stations and complex kits in "X4".

Prosik

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Sun, 26. Mar 17, 23:30

This comment isn't of any help to you, i'm just wondering why Argon would attack your complex in the first place?.
None of the commonwealth factions will attack you unless you provoke them first.

So... before you put up a new complex in Kingdom's or anywhere else, you might wanna figure out why you got attacked, and avoid that.

But that's just a thought :wink: .

Welcome to the best 4X game ever made !.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

jorganos
x3tc

Post by jorganos » Mon, 27. Mar 17, 06:02

Noticing this only now - how many of the four negligible ore asteroids did you equip with L silicon mines to make your energy complex self-sustaining, or do you figure in mobile mining?

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 31. Mar 17, 20:00

If you placed any space fuel or space weed stations, that would cause the Argon to turn up and destroy them. Which is odd considering that Space Fuel (Whiskey) is an Argon product :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”