Some orders always ignored

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

astreus
xr

Some orders always ignored

Post by astreus » Tue, 28. Mar 17, 14:52

It's an annoying effect which tend to come up the more parts of the universe are explored. Means, the more sectors and zone's on list & access (with trade agents) - the more an annoying case happens:

Fly to .... or attack..... orders to (players) ships will be ignored. At the end of command the captain do say his 'accepted' or something like this, but the ship do NOTHING!

I tried all kind of menue ways, no difference. Sometimes after the 6 till 15 try it works (by chance?).

To join the ship to your squad will help, but does not work always (80%).

Imagine, you have to give attack order and you need 5 minutes until a order is through! Remote this is a nightmare! First you have to click to the zone where your ship is (from your system to the other) - to select the target........

Perhaps it has to do with the larger amount of data the computer has to deal with. But on the other hand, trade orders or gather rescources order work fine with the 1st command given, no matter if the ship is in your squad or not.

Does anybody have same issues? Any known workaround? I don't like to join the ship to my squad first because if I am not fast enough with the next order, the ship jumped to me.
After more than 10 days DID you have to be mad!

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Thu, 30. Mar 17, 00:38

What stats does your captain have?
If i remember correctly captains with low morale stat or low leadership stat take longer to execute orders, but i could be mistaken. If that's the case : find a better captain.

If the ship needs to jump to reach its location : Does the ship have enough fuel for a jump? I usually activate "auto refuel" in the ships/captains options.
If a ship needs to jump but has no fuel it may take like 10 minutes for it to charge up the jump drive.

Is the ships engines or jump drive damaged? Maybe that's why they won't fly anywhere.

Aside from that : The AI can be a bit wierd at times, but usually there is a reason (like those i mentioned above) why it won't do what you want it to do. I just wish the game/the AI would communicate better if it has a problem and what the problem is about.

My biggest problem with the AI is a rare case where the AI freighters try to trade with a station, but neither the station nor the ship having cargo URVs, resulting in the ship blocking the docking spot while waiting forever for the station to deploy the non-existant cargo URVs.

astreus
xr

Post by astreus » Sat, 1. Apr 17, 02:05

Be sure I checked all standard point here:
Fuel is far enough, also some of the orders are aim within a sector or even a zone.

The ships are all 100% intact, hull, engines all ok.

And the whole crew is high trained, the captian have min. 4 stars in
nav, moral and leadership. I do not use less than 4 star crew in my battle ships.

By the way, why a 5 star moral captain with a 5 star combat defence O flee after the shield is down to 55%? I am talking about my Fulmekron(!) being attacked by a few reivers fighters! In real life this captain and crew would be taken to military court for cowardice in the face of the enemy!
I ordered attack but this dastard puss out :evil:
After more than 10 days DID you have to be mad!

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”