The Return from 2010.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alexeiy
x3ap

Post by Alexeiy » Sat, 25. Mar 17, 22:22

CLS should be part of the X3 TC Bonus Pack. And I would set up like 5-20 CLS training m5's, CLS is a bit fidely but having the option for a 200waypoint route (at max cls rank) is quiet nice for certain things (like buying off all npc produced weapons/missiles/shields).

Edit: http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3tc/bonus_en.php

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 25. Mar 17, 22:23

Complex Construction Kits are not race specific. No matter which race shipyard you buy them from, you can connect factories from all races with them.

An older version of the Commoditiy Logistics Software (CLS) is included in the Bonus package. You can downloaded the latest (unsigned) version from Lucike's (the author's) website here (You have to scroll-down a bit, and don't forget the library files.) Also note that while the website is in German, the script archive contains an English text file, as well.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Sat, 25. Mar 17, 23:03

Thanks for the replies.

I'm not sure of what this bonuspack is that you speak of. I bought my X3TC years ago and im only running the latest update.
Is this something i need to "enable" in the gameoptions ?.

I will try to buy a few kits and merge some stations, to see if it works.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 25. Mar 17, 23:11

:?
Sticky thread on this Forum: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=276039

You have to download and install, but after that the script content show show in game.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Sat, 25. Mar 17, 23:25

jlehtone wrote::?
Sticky thread on this Forum: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=276039

You have to download and install, but after that the script content show show in game.
How will this affect my current game with FCC installed ?.

Alexeiy
x3ap

Post by Alexeiy » Sat, 25. Mar 17, 23:36

It shouldn't affect your game since the bonus pack basically adds 6 new shipupgrades and the option to activate the mosquito missile defense.

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Tue, 28. Mar 17, 19:45

Update:

All factories in Aldrin 2 has been turned into 4 complexes, this had to be done due to the immense size of each factory that
simply stopped the possiblity for 1 large complex..
A factor can only be a certain distance from the docking-hub or it is not able to get connected via a complex-kit..

However... 4 complexes is better then 40+ factories :lol: .

Each complex now also has 4-6 CAG's running around supplying wares, occasionally a complex will run out,
but i assume that's only because the CAG's aren't high enough ranks yet.

I also setup a 16xL Silicon Mines in Aldrin yesterday, which had poor placement due to the fact that the west gate is inactive apparently,
which in turn led to my freighters having to travel 169 km... not an option.

So i reloaded a backdated save... lost aprox 4 hours of work, but it better in the end this way,
now the freighters only have to travel 10km, slight improvement 8) .
2 Mistrals appointed to the Xenon Hub are set to collect all Wafers for the plot.

Now to a question.

I've been having the idea that Firestorm Torpedos would be a great thing for OOS-combat on my patrolships with a 100%fire-rate,
since they do so much damage that they'll annihilate anything instantly.

However.... getting Firestorms is a pain. So my idea was to add them to the inventorylist of the Hub and appoint a CAG to the hub,
and then tell it to buy the firestorms whereever it finds them and stock the hub..

But i can't get the CAG to buy Firestorms..

So.... this led me to consider that maybe a player Equipmentdock would work better with a CAG supplying it.

Any ideas how to get my CAG to stock up on Firestorms ?.

Alexeiy
x3ap

Post by Alexeiy » Tue, 28. Mar 17, 21:15

Well, I don't know if a CAG works, but if nobody gives a good solution, you could just use a high (or rather max) lvl CLS freighter. Use create waypoints with buying firestormtorpedos at the highest price you want to pay for them (I would take the max price, since ai rocket factorys in my experience normally don't fill up above 40% capacity) and delete every non factory station in the waypointlist, then add a station/TL to dump the missiles, a place to refill on ez and allow the usage of a jumpdrive.

I don't know if missiles can miss in oos combat.

Edit: If the missiles work well in oos combat, you probably want to add some ships that are more likely to fire before your firstormships, that use weaker missiles (like hornets) to kill smaller ships first.

jorganos
x3tc

Post by jorganos » Wed, 29. Mar 17, 19:28

Alexeiy wrote:Well, I don't know if a CAG works, but if nobody gives a good solution, you could just use a high (or rather max) lvl CLS freighter. Use create waypoints with buying firestormtorpedos at the highest price you want to pay for them (I would take the max price, since ai rocket factorys in my experience normally don't fill up above 40% capacity) and delete every non factory station in the waypointlist, then add a station/TL to dump the missiles, a place to refill on ez and allow the usage of a jumpdrive.
Not sure why you want to exclude the MOPs - they are where I buy my firestorms at average prices.

Your scheme might get you a firestorm or two more, but you'll be paying for that privilege.

I have given up on relying on the NPC factories to provide my fleet with the essentials - I still have CLS2 buying at average prices from docks, and at one production cycle less than causing average price from factories (which can result in my CLS2 freighter arriving when the price is down to average, or better).

As a rule, I don't produce tech for profits, although I do allow NPC traders to carry my advanced satellites, 1 MJ shields or similar to docks.

I do produce quantum tubes, microchips and computer modules beyond my immediate needs and allow the NPCs to fill secondary resources - average prices are good enough if I don't have to pay the pilots. Later in the game I keep stockpiles of commonly asked for commodities in trade missions, and of course for commodities for ship-building.

If I want to make money, I re-package first and second level products - bio, food, minerals (except nividium) into production facilities of mine, possibly deactivated ones, and use those as distribution centers for CLS2 freighters selling at high prices.

Alexeiy
x3ap

Post by Alexeiy » Wed, 29. Mar 17, 21:03

jorganos wrote: Not sure why you want to exclude the MOPs - they are where I buy my firestorms at average prices.

Your scheme might get you a firestorm or two more, but you'll be paying for that privilege.
Well I would be willing to pay maximal 7% more for 5-10% more missiles. And that's without counting in the extra ec usage per trip. So it's more like a 5-6% higher price.

Elsewise I agree with your statement, that npc factories only bring you so far.

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Thu, 30. Mar 17, 15:06

So... i got a slight problem with setting up my CAG's. I have read the manual and watched some instructionvideos on YouTube
but some of my CAG's just aren't doing what they're instructed to.
All of my CAG's working in the terran complexes are not Major Trader rank which i believe is the highest.
but for some reason i can't figure out, the Crystal Complex CAG's aren't supplying it with Energy eventho there are 2 XL-powerplants
in the same sector that are constantly surplus in E-cells.

I have tried to set 2 of the CAG's to "Shopper" and added "Energy Cells" to the "wares" list, but nothing happens and on
the very rare occasion, they fly and buy a load.
But most of the time i see those 2 on Standby inside the base.

And i don't really understand the whole "wares" setting in the CAG's.. because when i add a ware in the "buy" setting, the same ware shows up on the "blacklist" setting,
and if i go into the Blacklist setting and remove the ware, it's also removed for buying.

Are there a "for dummies" manual or instructions for CAG's?. Because what i've read doesn't really help much.
And i've yet to locate the PDF that was suppose to follow with the CAG'mod install iirc.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 30. Mar 17, 19:29

Dreez wrote:i've yet to locate the PDF that was suppose to follow with the CAG'mod install iirc.
X3TC, right? Bonuspack install (rather than unsigned script)?

In the "X3 Terran Conflict" folder there is subfolder "Documents" and within a "X3TC_BP_EN.pdf" (Or some other _xx.pdf, if not english install.)

The X3AP Bonuspack places a pdf into "X3 Terran Conflict\addon\Documents".

There is only one warelist, but it has type. By default the type is Blacklist and the list is empty. In other words the CAG trades all resources, intermediates and products of the station/complex.

If you add something to the list but do not change the type, then you do deny the listed wares. If you do change the type, then only the listed wares are handled by that CAG.

In "Trade Duties" section there are limits that affect when trade runs are allowed.

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Fri, 31. Mar 17, 00:53

Thanks.

I believe i figured out the minor detail to why my CAG's weren't supplying
E-cells from a stocked powerplant, the Crystal complex were set to buy them
at 16 credits which caused the CAG's to sit and wait for the price to drop.

Now i increased the buy-price on all my complexes to max, since i'm buying from myself, that's not a problem.

I've also setup another Wafer complex in Mines of Fortune for the hub,
and the completion of the plot gets closer with each hour.
Roughly estimated i produce about 15k Wafers per hour in all my complexes,
and the chip-complex has been stocking up chips since i built it.. around 80k in total now
with 10 fully loaded Superfreighters docked and acting as temporary extra storage.

Once the hub plot gets finished, i will start on "Balance of Power" plot and
prepare to RE the Thor and Fenrir.

I've continued to do Unfocused jumps every day, about 20 of them, in search for a second Aran.
But i'm starting to doubt you can find another once you've capped the first.
Sofar i've done about 50 jumps and no Aran, or i've simply missed it,
which is unlikely since i check each unknown sector carefully.

I've also started securing each xenon-sector gate in commonwealth with 2xOsaka fully loaded with PSPs,
and i have 4 Tigers roaming the sectors around PTNI and Rhonkar's fire
because i find those sectors to be incredibly infected by pirates.

My next complex will most likely be an expand on the wafercomplex in Mines of Fortune,
and change it into a Typhoon/Quantum tube complex.

I'm also really looking forward to RE my Venti. But i find the issue with the PHQ
being that... imo RE takes way too long for even small ships, and building
is crazy... 2 hours for an M3.

At the rate M3's died when used with carriers, you'd think a PHQ could build them a little fater.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 2. Apr 17, 02:15

I've spent up to 2hrs RL time hunting that first Aran; it can be a trixy beast :( See my sig for a wiki link
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Tue, 4. Apr 17, 00:15

Update :

New project at hand - Repair Yaki reputation and make it prosper.

After having pretty much slaughtered my Yaki-rep by doing countless defense and assassinationmissions,
i've decided that i really want full access to their sectors AND their toys,
so i made up my mind to try and repair the reputation with Yaki.

Sofar i've setup an entire complex in Savage Spur that can supply Yaki with
every ware they use for their factories, and i have set global command Yaki friendly,
totaly avoidance in killing them, and any mission that spawns Yaki is reloaded and ignored.

I've also been a freqvent visitor to Empire's Edge in hope for a hack-station offer, but sofar the only one
that i've gotten was a normal piratebase that i haven't even discovered...
1-3 sectors from EE.. apparently.

The Hub-mission is wrapping up, with a slight misscalculation on the chips, where i thought i had 10 freighters with 7500chips each,
some of them only carried 7000ish, so i'm a few thousand short and have to resort to "best buy".

Did a few UFJ's yesterday and got the second Aran.

And since the Wafer-part of the Hub is completed, one of the 2 wafer-complexes will be reworked into a Typhoon/Quantum Tube complex.

I have also invested some money into more M2's, M6's and M7's that are either guarding Xenon-gates or roaming
previously pirate-infected sectors that were costing me freighters.

Now only time will tell how long it will take for me to repair my Yaki-rep,
sofar they haven't seen buying anything at my complex,
but hopefully that will change.

I did try to pay the Paranid TL into Ocracotes Storm and kill it, but i went from max rank to superenemy of Paranid... in 1 TL-kill - in Yaki sector.

/Edit: Wow that was fast... I did one kill-mission from one of those disappearing Yaki's that jumps out of the sectors,
killed 3 lizard transporters, then flew to Savage spur and could start
apologizing to Yaki so i did.
I then flew to Ocrakotes Storm and.... the Yaki shipyard had missions for me,
so for the past 2 hours i've basically been rebuilding the sectors with build-missions and the occasional killmission on pirates.

A shame you can't really see what rep you have with Yaki, but im farely sure im on their good side now.

Question: Does "apology for friendly fire" have any positive effect on reputation ?.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 4. Apr 17, 18:23

Dreez wrote:I did try to pay the Paranid TL into Ocracotes Storm and kill it, but i went from max rank to superenemy of Paranid... in 1 TL-kill - in Yaki sector.

A shame you can't really see what rep you have with Yaki, but im farely sure im on their good side now.

Question: Does "apology for friendly fire" have any positive effect on reputation ?.
Don't think so. At best the apology prevents escalation of the incident.

On X3AP killing a Paranid TL turned max rank into Tainted Wanderer 0%.
In X3R the same feat probably produced a little worse status: Desecrator of Holy Light 97%
X3TC ... not sure, but the Duke's corporation missions had simple "kill that Odysseus/Zeus" jobs and after the first kill the further drops were rather insignificant.

Just like with the Yaki, a couple missions for the Paranid and things return to blue.

There is a way to see the numeric Yaki reputation: enable the ingame script editor and extra debug info within.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 4. Apr 17, 20:28

Dreez wrote:...
Now only time will tell how long it will take for me to repair my Yaki-rep,
sofar they haven't seen buying anything at my complex,
but hopefully that will change....
Yaki don't have freighters, only TM's, and those don't trade. But now that you've repaired your Yaki rep, assign some freighters to your Savage Spur complex and let them start trading with the Yaki.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Wed, 5. Apr 17, 00:53

So.. i'm a few hours away from starting on the Bala Gi HQ Mission, but i have a question that might involve a spoiler.
Spoiler
Show
At an early stage of the HQ-plot, you're sent into Savage Spur to kill Yaki ships, and since i've grinded my Yaki-rep back up, won't that ruin all my rep gained?.
If the answer is yes to that question, it really sucks and i'd better stock up on some Tenjin for a while....

Also, i have a very useful tip for UT's.. since i now have 20+ of them.

Whenever you outfit an UT, give it 4 PAC's and set them to protect ship, it's very handy in hostile situations
that involves lighter fighters.
I've seen a UT take out 3 M4's while only loosing a few % Hull with only the 4PAC's as defense,
and without those mounted weapons, the UT would've been an easy kill.

Now i only lose freighers to Qs... and sometimes they even escape that.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 5. Apr 17, 23:58

Dreez wrote:Whenever you outfit an UT, give it 4 PAC's and set them to protect ship, it's very handy in hostile situations that involves lighter fighters.
There is a slight problem; the ship does not know what kind of foes are involved.

When a ship is hit, its regular operation is interrupted and it does a "react to attack" routine. If the ship has any mounted guns, then it will attack and that means a fight to death. Against light fighter OOS that is fine, but against a group that has heavies too ...

An unarmed TS/TP ejects Fighter Drones (if it has any) and attempts to dock at nearby Station.
An experienced UT is like regular TS, but rather than running it jumps to nearby sector and docks there.

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Thu, 6. Apr 17, 00:41

jlehtone wrote: When a ship is hit, its regular operation is interrupted and it does a "react to attack" routine. If the ship has any mounted guns, then it will attack and that means a fight to death. Against light fighter OOS that is fine, but against a group that has heavies too ...

An unarmed TS/TP ejects Fighter Drones (if it has any) and attempts to dock at nearby Station.
An experienced UT is like regular TS, but rather than running it jumps to nearby sector and docks there.
Didn't know that... might have to ... releave some of my UT's of their weapons then.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”