X4 ***medals/rewards***

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ZaldronTheSage
x4

X4 ***medals/rewards***

Post by ZaldronTheSage » Fri, 24. Mar 17, 03:47

A small request. Can you include some sort of reward based system like medals for combat or trading? Achievements are one thing, but having a nice little place to go and flip open a drawer to see your shiny medals is a rewarding experience I don't really see in anymore sims these days. From Red Baron to Star Wars Tie Fighter, it was a great feeling to be rewarded this instead of just a static title like in X3ap and back.

Thanks for your time!
"Since, in the long run, every planetary civilization will be endangered by impacts from space, every surviving civilization is obliged to become spacefaring--not because of exploratory or romantic zeal, but for the most practical reason imaginable: staying alive... If our long-term survival is at stake, we have a basic responsibility to our species to venture to other worlds."
Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot, 1994

Vesa
x4

Post by Vesa » Mon, 10. Apr 17, 20:44

Otherwise a cute idea, but who would hand these medals to you? What would be the entity behind the medals? Association of Pilots?

Alandauron
x4

Post by Alandauron » Tue, 11. Apr 17, 20:37

Not that I would put this concept above other important features to focus on but just off the top of my head the medals/awards could come from all the different factions and could be based around your relationship with said faction.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 11. Apr 17, 21:23

Alandauron wrote:Not that I would put this concept above other important features to focus on but just off the top of my head the medals/awards could come from all the different factions and could be based around your relationship with said faction.
So, what happens when your relationship with a given faction deteriorates? Do they come calling to get their medal back?

@ OP: Tie Fighter is a bad example since it's a linear combat shooter and you're a military pilot. In sandbox games, such as all the X games, it seems a bit pointless, IMO.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Alandauron
x4

Post by Alandauron » Tue, 11. Apr 17, 21:52

@Nanook, if I were doing it you would keep the medals once awarded, but I guess that really depends.

If a member of the military receives an honor they keep it for life and it is handed down through family, even if the person ends up becoming a criminal the medal is still theirs because they earned it for a reason unrelated to whatever happens in the future.

I mean as an example several US Presidents, including Obama, have received the Nobel Peace Prize despite being involved and in charge of the slaughter of thousands during armed conflicts. They don't take back the Nobel Peace Prize just because you do(or command) something that doesn't represent peace.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”