Unable to activate TC/AP in Steam Terran War Pack - Codes present but wrongly named.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

ciderdude
x3ap

Unable to activate TC/AP in Steam Terran War Pack - Codes present but wrongly named.

Post by ciderdude » Sat, 15. Apr 17, 16:40

Hi

After a number of years I have finaly got round to breaking the cellophane on a PC DVD copy of Albion Prelude - Terran War Pack. It has been sitting unopened on a dusty shelf since I was given it as an Xmas pressie.

Unfortunately I do not seem to be able to get past the Steam activation stage, I am getting the following:

- Please first activate the original game

- The Product code you've entered requires ownership of another product before activation.

This confuses me because I believe this IS the original game. I was led to believe that this pack contained both Terran Conflict3.2 and Albion Prelude 2.0.

There are two codes in the box, one is for Terran Conflct the other is for Albion Prelude. The Egosoft launcher states that I should install Terran Conflict before Albion Pride and so that is what I am doing, using the Terran Conflict activation key.

Any help would be most gratefully receicved.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 15. Apr 17, 18:55

A couple of questions for you:

1. How are you installing? Are you using the disk-based installation process or are you just trying to activate the games directly on Steam?

2. Did you already try the other code too, just in case they've got mixed up somehow?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 15. Apr 17, 19:27

If you are reading the code from a dot-matrix printed disk label or leaflet then be sure to check that you are not typing it in with one of the common mistakes: I/1, 0/O/D/Q, V/U/Y, B/8, 2/Z, S/5, etc.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ciderdude
x3ap

Post by ciderdude » Sun, 16. Apr 17, 12:18

Thanks for the responses.

I have now tried the second code, the one that the DVD insert says is for Albion Prelude, this seems to have worked to get the Terran Conflict install going. So I guess that the two keys got reversed in the printing stage.

I will finish the install and then try the Albion Prelude install using the first key.

Thanks so far.

ciderdude
x3ap

Post by ciderdude » Mon, 17. Apr 17, 17:23

All sorted, as you suspected the codes were the wrong way round on the DVD insert. Both games now installed.

Just a quick follow up question, I note that the vesion of TC I am playing is 3.2b whereas the DVD claimed only to include version 3.2. So, do game updates happen automatically on Steam?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 17. Apr 17, 22:12

Yes, if you have Steam updates enabled for the game. FAQ.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”