Auto-piloting?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

coldcell
x3ap

Auto-piloting?

Post by coldcell » Sun, 23. Apr 17, 17:49

I'm totally new to Rebirth, though I played TC and AP a lot in the past.

I'm confused on how the auto-piloting works. How do I set specific target to auto-pilot to? Also I'm on the campaign and just following the trail. But whenever I auto-pilot somewhere, the auto-pilot takes me to the highway but keeps going in/out. Is there a way to improve on this?

Somehow it's totally different than AP and TC. Not sure how Rebirth is, but so far everything is a bit confusing.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 23. Apr 17, 18:34

In the Skunk use a map screen for a zone or sector, or in a details screen for a station or ship, to select the 'Plot course to' tab. Toggle the autipillock with shift-A. For a capital of yours, select 'Take me to', select a target and then dock at the capital.

The XR autopillock often gets confused about best routes to places or things (such as a choice of direct boosting or use of highways), especially when the target is moving or in an unknown space zone.

Sometimes it is better to look on the relevant map to see where you are trying to get to, and then to set your guidance target as a definite zone or crossing point along the route. You can select the actual target again when you are much closer to it with less risk of getting into a loop.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”