Xadrian?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mousse9
x3tc

Xadrian?

Post by Mousse9 » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 18:45

Hi. After a very long time (several years) of not playing X3, I've returned to the game. I'll get right to it. I'm trying to build complexes and remembered that Xadrian had a handy calculator. That calculator doesn't seem to work anymore. When I try to open the program, it says something about a nonexistent Java Runtime Environment installation (during installation it said I needed 1.6 or higher). I googled it, and downloaded a zipfile with the latest JRE (1.8). Thing is, I have no idea where to put it.

If someone knows how to fix this, or can find an online version of Xadrian, that would be very helpful.

*I shudder when I realize I have to do the HUB mission without Chip complexes....*

AleksMain
x3tc

Re: Xadrian?

Post by AleksMain » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 19:00

I had created some spreadsheets long ago for my own complexes, but now I not need them.

It is easy:

(1 Silicon Mine L (25 Yield)=> 1 Crystal Fab L <=1 Cahoona Bakery L<= 1 Cattle Ranch L)<=> 1 Solar Power Plant L

(SSC chain is above)

1 XL = 2 L = 5 M = 10 S

See
https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... tion+Guide

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 19:36

Ohh no don't install java from unknown sources!

go to java.com and install the latest version from there.

Mousse9
x3tc

Post by Mousse9 » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 19:43

I have. Google redirected me to the official java.com page, and I downloaded the latest version. Xadrian still says it doesn't work because the Java Runtime Environment isn't there. Ugh.

I've tried googling for other online complex calculators, but none of them really work. One was pretty good, but didn't have Large Crystal Fabs as a choice, for some reason.

No selfsustaining complexes is gonna make the HUB mission HARD. Urgh. Oh well.

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 20:05

Mousse9 wrote: ...
No selfsustaining complexes is gonna make the HUB mission HARD. Urgh. Oh well.

Here is example, made for other player. It is SSC complex too.
krait_daoc wrote:I usually use the unknown sector (7:16) south of Spring of Belief for a complex - 1st for Xtals and then change it to a Chip complex for the later plot and then for profits.
:)

Bgas - L - x8 then x12
Bgas - M - x2 - x2
Bofu - L - x8 - then x12
Bofu - M - x2 - x2
Xtal - L - x8 - x8
Xtal - M - x2 - x2
Sil 64 - L - x5 - x5
SPP - L - x2 - then x3
SPP - XL - x1 - x1
Chip - x0 - then x20
Here is one of my SSC complexes (for production of weapon and missiles):
AleksMain wrote: ...
Here is screenshot
http://i.imgur.com/cKZ5NXB.png
of such complex...

Mousse9
x3tc

Post by Mousse9 » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 21:17

Hooray for old laptops! I fired up my mom's old laptop (probably 10 years old!), and downloaded Xadrian on it. It WORKED. The saves from complexes I had made before, I put them on the laptop, and made screenshots of what they all were, and transfered the screenshots back to my PC.

So now I won't need to start up Xadrian, I just need to look at the screenshots.

What a workaround....At least Xadrian works on the old laptop.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 22:08

The thing is that Xadrian 1.3.1 runs just fine on my fully updated Win10 x64 PC with the latest Java (after a Windows caution about an unrecognised app). I am guessing it is just a case of you needing to make sure Java is properly installed and permissions are in place to use the apps.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Mousse9
x3tc

Post by Mousse9 » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 22:28

Probably. Something with the registry maybe. I'm not technical enough to really deduce why it doesn't work. In any case, it works on my mom's old laptop, and that's good enough for me.

I need a new PC.... :roll:

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 23:01

I installed Windows 10, and now I can't load any of my old CD-based games, and I've got a few new bugs and crashes with those that do run at all.

I need an old PC.....

Mousse9
x3tc

Post by Mousse9 » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 23:16

I had Win 7. Then my hard drive went all weird and slow. Took it to a shop, and they said my hard drive was pretty much dead. No choice but to get a new one. Bought SSD, and they put Win 10 on it because that was all they had. And no Microsoft Office anymore either.

(I'm not sure if I got ripped off by them, because they DID put the old HD back in as a secondary hard drive and I'm having no troubles with it now.)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 28. Apr 17, 13:17

If you run a built-in harddrive checking tool such as CHKDSK on your old drive, you can see if any disk segments are marked as bad and so no longer used. If your old OS used to use those segments then the firm would be correct that the drive was faulty/unreliable and likely to suffer even further issues with time.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”