[MOD] Marine Rebalance

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 7. Mar 16, 09:20

Have you captured any Xenon Ks? A couple of odd experiences with those have been reported.

Please list the other mods to allow consideration of the conflict theory. "Time is money!" :)

Valhalla Awaits

Post by Valhalla Awaits » Mon, 7. Mar 16, 10:45

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Have you captured any Xenon Ks? A couple of odd experiences with those have been reported.

Please list the other mods to allow consideration of the conflict theory. "Time is money!" :)
Yes both K's and I's.

I spent a while double checking to see if I could hunt down the culprit, and it now seems I may owe an apology, I currently believe it's not this mod at fault now, seems to be the "War and conquest" mod that actually semi-broke this.

I say semi-broke because the marine officer is in fact not whats bugged, it's the ships the mod alters that are broken. Seems there are different K's and I's being used by the mod at the same time, some are boardable, others are not, and there is absolutely zero distinction between them other than that fact, and it's random as hell as to what each one will be when it spawns. (I actually had two I's at spawn at the same time next to each other in a fleet, one was boardable, the other wasn't. It's that brokenly random.)

Anyway, I'll properly post this bug to the correct people over there to hopefully get fixed.

PS: The radar bug is actually correct though, that's 100% this mod's fault. :lol:

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Mon, 7. Mar 16, 17:38

Hey Valhalla,

do you get any event monitor notifications with radar off? The mod uses extremely normal show_notification commands which are the same as any other notifications except for the interactive ones.

Ridingbean
x4

Post by Ridingbean » Sat, 19. Mar 16, 10:12

Hey there.
First of all, big thanks for your mod. It makes boarding alot more fun.

But when comparing normal and hard difficulty, the gap seems too big.

For example, boarding a Rahanas:

Took out jumpdrive, engines and weapons, leaving the cap shields and hull intact and scanning with drone before starting the boarding process.

On normal difficulty I lost 0 Marines.
On hard I lost 5 elite, 14 veterans and 4 recruits out of 11 elite, 34 veterans and 5 recruits. 5/5/5 marine officer.

Normal difficulty feels way too easy and on hard you lose more good marines than you get for successful boarding, making "training" of your marines kinda useless.

Would it be possible to make boarding a bit harder on normal, and a bit easier on hard difficulty?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 19. Mar 16, 10:28

Hey Ridingbean,

Glad you're liking the mod!

Hard and above is the old Hardcore variant which is pegged at the vanilla numbers. I kinda want to keep it there so that people who like the vanilla boarding strength progression could play that.

I do agree that boarding strength progression at Normal difficulty is rather fast though, and have been thinking about nerfing the veteran strength for quite some time now. Will look into it one of these days, but can't promise when.

That said, you could try the Nexus version of this mod. The balance point at Normal difficulty in Nexus is somewhere between Steam Normal and Hard. Might hit your sweet spot.

If you switch to the Nexus version, don't forget to unsubscribe from the Steam version first. The Workshop doesn't like finding duplicate mods and sometimes makes copies which could cause weird things to happen.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 2. Apr 16, 10:46

2.April 2016 - Marine Rebalance updated to v0.54

Compatibility fix with Boarding Options to enable attempt to launch boarding pods anyway even if the target ship is moving too fast.

Many thanks to FunkDooBiesT for pointing out that this does not work with Marine Rebalance installed.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 26. Apr 16, 00:11

Hi, w.evans

Is it possible to do the start of boarding without destroying the engines and jump drive?

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Tue, 26. Apr 16, 07:11

Hey alex, only possible if you're also running Boarding Options.

ADMNtek
x4

Post by ADMNtek » Sat, 27. Aug 16, 06:45

so yea any chance of making this available for the people using the GOG version?

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 27. Aug 16, 08:52

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 15. Dec 16, 19:26

4.10 beta 3

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 0.00 Cannot match path '//do_if[@value='$outcomedecider gt 0']/set_value[@name='$losschancemin']/@chance' in patch file 'extensions\marinerebalance\md\boarding.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 Cannot match path '//do_if[@value='$outcomedecider gt 0']/set_value[@name='$losschancemax']/@chance' in patch file 'extensions\marinerebalance\md\boarding.xml'. Skipping node.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Thu, 15. Dec 16, 19:30

thanks, Alex. will fix after 4.10 makes its way out of beta.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 5. May 17, 22:44

[=ERROR=] 0.00 Cannot match path '//do_if[@value='$outcomedecider gt 0']/set_value[@name='$losschancemin']/@chance' in patch file 'extensions\marinerebalance\md\boarding.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] 0.00 Cannot match path '//do_if[@value='$outcomedecider gt 0']/set_value[@name='$losschancemax']/@chance' in patch file 'extensions\marinerebalance\md\boarding.xml'. Skipping node.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 29. Jul 17, 12:11

29.July 2017 - Marine Rebalance updated to v0.55

Compatibility update with XR 4.1

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 18:08

[=ERROR=] 0.00 No matching node for path '//cue[@name='Success']/actions/remove_value[@name='$ArrivedMarines']' in patch file 'extensions\marinerebalance\md\boarding.xml'. Skipping node.

[=ERROR=] 790.92 Invalid format specifier '% ' found in format string: 'Они были готовы к абордажу! Это займет некоторое время. \n\n Мы контролируем %1% корабля. \n\n Погибло десанта - %2. \n Осталось десанта - %3.'.[10,0,45]
[General] 790.92 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 790.92 Error in MD cue md.Boarding.MarineFight<inst:3fb23>: Property lookup failed: 'Они были готовы к абордажу! Это займет некоторое время. \n\n Мы контролируем %1% корабля. \n\n Погибло десанта - %2. \n Осталось десанта - %3.'.[10,0,45]
* Expression: 'Они были готовы к абордажу! Это займет некоторое время. \n\n Мы контролируем %1% корабля. \n\n Погибло десанта - %2. \n Осталось десанта - %3.'.[$progress + $addedprogress, (@$InjuredAmount)i, $nummarines]
[General] 800.72 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 800.72 Invalid format specifier '% ' found in format string: 'Они были готовы к абордажу! Это займет некоторое время. \n\n Мы контролируем %1% корабля. \n\n Погибло десанта - %2. \n Осталось десанта - %3.'.[20,0,45]
[=ERROR=] 800.72 Error in MD cue md.Boarding.MarineFight<inst:3ffa4>: Property lookup failed: 'Они были готовы к абордажу! Это займет некоторое время. \n\n Мы контролируем %1% корабля. \n\n Погибло десанта - %2. \n Осталось десанта - %3.'.[20,0,45]
* Expression: 'Они были готовы к абордажу! Это займет некоторое время. \n\n Мы контролируем %1% корабля. \n\n Погибло десанта - %2. \n Осталось десанта - %3.'.[$progress + $addedprogress, (@$InjuredAmount)i, $nummarines]
[General] 809.39 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 809.39 Invalid format specifier '% ' found in format string: 'Они были готовы к абордажу! Это займет некоторое время. \n\n Мы контролируем %1% корабля. \n\n Погибло десанта - %2. \n Осталось десанта - %3.'.[30,0,45]
[=ERROR=] 809.39 Error in MD cue md.Boarding.MarineFight<inst:404ab>: Property lookup failed: 'Они были готовы к абордажу! Это займет некоторое время. \n\n Мы контролируем %1% корабля. \n\n Погибло десанта - %2. \n Осталось десанта - %3.'.[30,0,45]
[General] 819.36 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 819.36 Invalid format specifier '% ' found in format string: 'Они были готовы к абордажу! Это займет некоторое время. \n\n Мы контролируем %1% корабля. \n\n Погибло десанта - %2. \n Осталось десанта - %3.'.[40,0,45]
[=ERROR=] 819.36 Error in MD cue md.Boarding.MarineFight<inst:4160e>: Property lookup failed: 'Они были готовы к абордажу! Это займет некоторое время. \n\n Мы контролируем %1% корабля. \n\n Погибло десанта - %2. \n Осталось десанта - %3.'.[40,0,45]
[General] 828.66 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 828.66 Invalid format specifier '% ' found in format string: 'Они были готовы к абордажу! Это займет некоторое время. \n\n Мы контролируем %1% корабля. \n\n Погибло десанта - %2. \n Осталось десанта - %3.'.[50,0,45]
[=ERROR=] 828.66 Error in MD cue md.Boarding.MarineFight<inst:41b07>: Property lookup failed: 'Они были готовы к абордажу! Это займет некоторое время. \n\n Мы контролируем %1% корабля. \n\n Погибло десанта - %2. \n Осталось десанта - %3.'.[50,0,45]
[General] 838.25 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 838.25 Invalid format specifier '% ' found in format string: 'Они были готовы к абордажу! Это займет некоторое время. \n\n Мы контролируем %1% корабля. \n\n Погибло десанта - %2. \n Осталось десанта - %3.'.[60,0,45]
[=ERROR=] 838.25 Error in MD cue md.Boarding.MarineFight<inst:42063>: Property lookup failed: 'Они были готовы к абордажу! Это займет некоторое время. \n\n Мы контролируем %1% корабля. \n\n Погибло десанта - %2. \n Осталось десанта - %3.'.[60,0,45]
[General] 846.89 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 846.89 Invalid format specifier '% ' found in format string: 'Они были готовы к абордажу! Это займет некоторое время. \n\n Мы контролируем %1% корабля. \n\n Погибло десанта - %2. \n Осталось десанта - %3.'.[70,0,45]
[=ERROR=] 846.89 Error in MD cue md.Boarding.MarineFight<inst:424c3>: Property lookup failed: 'Они были готовы к абордажу! Это займет некоторое время. \n\n Мы контролируем %1% корабля. \n\n Погибло десанта - %2. \n Осталось десанта - %3.'.[70,0,45]
[General] 855.20 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 855.20 Invalid format specifier '% ' found in format string: 'Они были готовы к абордажу! Это займет некоторое время. \n\n Мы контролируем %1% корабля. \n\n Погибло десанта - %2. \n Осталось десанта - %3.'.[80,0,45]
[=ERROR=] 855.20 Error in MD cue md.Boarding.MarineFight<inst:42e0d>: Property lookup failed: 'Они были готовы к абордажу! Это займет некоторое время. \n\n Мы контролируем %1% корабля. \n\n Погибло десанта - %2. \n Осталось десанта - %3.'.[80,0,45]
[General] 864.84 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 864.84 Invalid format specifier '% ' found in format string: 'Они были готовы к абордажу! Это займет некоторое время. \n\n Мы контролируем %1% корабля. \n\n Погибло десанта - %2. \n Осталось десанта - %3.'.[90,0,45]
[=ERROR=] 864.84 Error in MD cue md.Boarding.MarineFight<inst:43399>: Property lookup failed: 'Они были готовы к абордажу! Это займет некоторое время. \n\n Мы контролируем %1% корабля. \n\n Погибло десанта - %2. \n Осталось десанта - %3.'.[90,0,45]
[General] 873.69 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 873.69 Invalid format specifier '% ' found in format string: 'Они были готовы к абордажу! Это займет некоторое время. \n\n Мы контролируем %1% корабля. \n\n Погибло десанта - %2. \n Осталось десанта - %3.'.[100,0,45]
[=ERROR=] 873.69 Error in MD cue md.Boarding.MarineFight<inst:43912>: Property lookup failed: 'Они были готовы к абордажу! Это займет некоторое время. \n\n Мы контролируем %1% корабля. \n\n Погибло десанта - %2. \n Осталось десанта - %3.'.[100,0,45]
[

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 18:38

damn. now have to update on 3 platforms.

thanks, alex. will take a look.

edit: the first line is bad. the rest of it should be fine. it's a consequence of printing "%" for something like "30%"

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 19:00

8.December 2017 - Marine Rebalance updated to v0.56

Compatibility update with XR 4.3

Thank you very much to alexalsp for reporting the new error.

edit: There was a hitch updating the mod for XRVR. reported to tech support:

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=397662

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 20:00

Copy of the mod in the Steam Workshop for XRVR now updated as well.

lyonhaert
x3tc

Post by lyonhaert » Sat, 17. Feb 18, 07:06

I seem to have an issue (XR 4.3 through Steam, mods through Steam Workshop) where in Hard and Very Hard difficulty, the marines still have an elevated strength way above vanilla values. Mine are 27 Elite and 23 Veteran (and 5/5/5 MO) so it should be 171, but when using Marine Rebalance and the last pod lands the strength became 632.

I am also using Boarding Options and some other mods (which I wouldn't think would affect that).

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 17. Feb 18, 14:31

yup. looks like i screwed up the last commit. fixing.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”