So... once again justice fails the real victims.

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dreez
x4

So... once again justice fails the real victims.

Post by Dreez » Tue, 9. May 17, 17:43

A few people accused for uploading movies to a popular streamsite has been found guilty and were sentenced to jail
and fined with hundreds of thousands of dollars.

This is just another example of just how scewed up and corrupt the legal and justice system has become when you get
nailed to the wall when handling piracy, but if you DUI-kill, severely beat someone or rape someone, you get away with a slap on the wrist
in comparisson..

Nothing but utter failure in our society these days, and also a reason why the majority of the people i've spoken to, are pro-vigilantelaw
when it comes to punishing childmolesters, rapists and other personal attackers that in some way causes direct physical or psychological damage.

I Personally knew a person once who dealt with pirated PS-games, he was caught and fined around 100000$ and put on house arrest
including having all his computerhardware siezed.

Meanwhile i read in the newspaper of men raping a girl on a boat and they got away because the situation wasn't "threatening enough"...

I myself went to the police in my town a few years ago and said to them straight up that is my sisters kids
were molested by someone and i knew who it was, i wouldn't call the police,
i would beat the person in question half to death myself... and exact REAL justice.

This world is SICK.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Post by The Q » Tue, 9. May 17, 18:17

I have absolutely no idea, what judicial decision you're referring to or what country or judicial system you're living in. But seeing that we're in a forum of a software developer I would suggest to stay away from this "Piracy knows no victims" nonsense.

Also, seeing how fine you are with advocating violence if you're the one being financially damaged, I'm quite happy that the concept of vigilantism is not part of the judicial systems in most modern countries. The irony isn't lost on me either.
Morkonan, Emperor of the Unaffiliated Territories of the Principality of OFF-TOPIC, wrote:I have come to answer your questions! The answers are "Yes" and "Probably" as well as "No" and "Maybe", but I'm not sure in which order they should be given.
xkcd: Duty calls

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 9. May 17, 18:26

Indeed. This is a minefield and inevitably ends up with someone stepping on a mine, i.e. justifying illegal activities, so we're not going there.

Return to “Off Topic English”