Please help understanding how to make them work - TRP + TC plots in AP

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

angelblood6x
x3ap

Please help understanding how to make them work - TRP + TC plots in AP

Post by angelblood6x » Wed, 10. May 17, 17:34

Hello guys,
I searched everywhere and have read the official topics of these 2 mods, TRP and TC plots in AP, and got nothing about my issue.

TC plots in AP adds TC starts in AP.
TRP adds new plot missions, the first being Stealing Logi. I chose Terran Defender start. Now, I completed the Terran plot,. My question is:
- will war starts, or do I have to complete every TC plot to start AP war and operation loose ends? It not started.
- will Stealing Logi ever starts? Looking conditions in .xml file, it must have started long time ago (since Terran Defender is in the list), but I have no Stealing Logi quest.

Little clue maybe can be that, in the very first messages I have, some of them are "Array()"?

I'm investigating this thing and I don't expect someone will do the work for me, but maybe someone already solved this issue.

Really thanks for you help,

Angelblood6x

angelblood6x
x3ap

Post by angelblood6x » Wed, 10. May 17, 18:10

I managed to start stealing Logi with Mission director. Not sure this is a good idea tough. I don't know how op loose ends of trp and of tc plots in ap will stand together

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 11. May 17, 18:36

Two things with regards to compatibility problems of the two mentioned mods come to my mind:
1. Conversations.xml: This file contains all the conversations between the player and the NPCs. But the game only ever loads one conversations.xml (it's basically the same for any other gamefile with identical names). Therefore you will have to merge the conversations.xml from TC for AP and Stealing Logi before being able to use both.
2. Map: As mentioned in the TC plots for AP topic, dillpickle made changes to the map file. I don't know where Stealing Logi plays exactly, but it could be that a moved sector causes problems.
angelblood6x wrote:- will war starts, or do I have to complete every TC plot to start AP war and operation loose ends? It not started.
I haven't used TC plots for AP, but the latter makes the most sense to me. The war is a specific feature of X3AP and not incorporated in the TC vanilla plots in any way. Yet the region where it takes place is important to many X3TC plots. On top of this there's of course the timeline argument. Therefore it wouldn't surprise me if the war first starts after all the X3TC plots are complete.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”