[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

identical123

Post by identical123 » Sun, 23. Apr 17, 19:22

Does the mod work for AP 3.0?

Nova225
x4

Post by Nova225 » Mon, 24. Apr 17, 01:31

Is there some way to fix TFactories?

I've got an issue in my game where there's Federal Argon Shipyards popping up, only containing Ice as a ware. I'm assuming the PAR shipyards and showrooms are supposed to be FASs, but I don't know what's up with the ones selling Ice every few core sectors.

The only mod I have that should be adding anything is The Marauder Shipyard: https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=223132

Aside from that I have the usual Bonus Pack from Egosoft, NPC Bailing Addon and Salvage Command and NPCs.

EDIT: Found out the issue. The .cat and .dat files from Litcubes Bounce interfere with it. That wouldn't have even crossed my mind. Once I removed those and started a new game the stations went back to their rightful names (showrooms, PAR shipyards, research stations).
Last edited by Nova225 on Tue, 25. Apr 17, 04:43, edited 1 time in total.

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Mon, 24. Apr 17, 15:58

Just wanted to ask: Does the latest TC/AP update change any cat/dat files making me have to reinstall XRM? Also does it causes any compatibility issues with XRM in general?
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 24. Apr 17, 19:11

The list of changed files is quite short. Thus it's likely that the XRM works fine with the newest update. As always, making backups before updating is still a good idea.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Tue, 25. Apr 17, 01:52

X2-Illuminatus wrote:The list of changed files is quite short. Thus it's likely that the XRM works fine with the newest update. As always, making backups before updating is still a good idea.
Thanks for the reply. The exact cat/dat files changed was what I was looking for. Shouldn't have to make any changes or reinstalls.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Harvillain
x3ap

Post by Harvillain » Sat, 29. Apr 17, 22:53

I can't find freighters, or any non military vessels on that note. I am sure this is on purpose, but I haven't the faintest idea where to start to even look for other shipyards. I am a total noob at AP.

Could anyone lend me a hand?

mcal9909
x3tc

Post by mcal9909 » Sun, 30. Apr 17, 00:09

Harvillain wrote:I can't find freighters, or any non military vessels on that note. I am sure this is on purpose, but I haven't the faintest idea where to start to even look for other shipyards. I am a total noob at AP.

You looked at any Showrooms, i seem to remember them selling none military ships that you cant buy in shipyards.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 30. Apr 17, 09:36

Harvillain wrote:I can't find freighters, or any non military vessels on that note. I am sure this is on purpose, but I haven't the faintest idea where to start to even look for other shipyards. I am a total noob at AP.

Let me quote this from the very first entry of this thread:
paulwheeler wrote:REALLOCATION OF SHIPYARD WARES – All civilian ships and factories have been removed from military shipyards. These are now for sale at Corporation Showrooms across the galaxy. All Shipyards and Showrooms now have an accompanying Equipment Dock or Military Outpost to help with outfitting of new ships.

MickDick
x4

Post by MickDick » Thu, 11. May 17, 11:01

Playing as a pirate, how can I go legit by neutral/allied space properly?

To elaborate: I am hostile to argon, boron, and paranid as they are all my targets for raiding.

I am rank 9 in positive reputation with the Teladi.

If I happen to have myself or my ships in teladi space and any of the three aforemntioned races have ships, especially military, in the same sector, the possibility is that they will attack me.

This wouldn't be a problem within itself, however, when I defend myself even if I was attacked first the teladi in that sector turn hostile onto me.

My only recourse is to go nuclear and straight up embargo those enemy races from teladi space at key points so my traders and other ships can travel unmolested. But I'm not nearly big enough for such option and the trade from those three races on my home territory has it's benefits (Enemies are costumers too!).

So what's the deal? This seems to be a rather harsh oversight. A lack of self-defense/aggressor tagging in engagements in neutral/allied territory is a big problem for anyone who is an enemy of any of the big four. Even your trading ships are not allowed to shoot back without being cracked down by the Teladi.

I almost convince myself to live with it but with me being practically idolized by the Teladi they should really not be shooting me for enacting self-defense.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 11. May 17, 17:59

MickDick, I don't think there is something you can do about that without writing your own script to adress this issue. This is the standard game behaviour of all X games.

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Sat, 13. May 17, 16:57

Hi guys,

I've just reinstalled X3:Terran Conflict (Steam) and installed the Rebalance mod, which sounds pretty great. Unfortunately, the ownerless ships don't seem to spawn in my games. Tried several different starts, and tried finding the ships in Menelaus' Frontier and Family Whi, and neither are there ! Is this a bug or is it intentional ? I know the locations of both ships and even checked again online. I know for sure that I'm at the right coordinates, in the right sectors, but the ships simply aren't there.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 13. May 17, 19:49

Why do you assume that there are the same ships at the same coordinates when you are playing a mod? ;)

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Thu, 25. May 17, 08:54

Hi guys,

Just wondering, is boarding harder on XRM as opposed to the vanilla game ? I used to score dozens of ships easily in vanilla but I'm having immense difficulties in XRM. Don't get me wrong, I love the mod. I just want to know if a a couple of years absence has made me rusty or if XRM boarding is actually more difficult. Thanks

thefran
x3ap

Post by thefran » Fri, 26. May 17, 20:17

I've moved on from x3tc vanilla, which runs completely fine even in massive battles, to XRM+X3AP, which lags very heavily no matter what.

I have a clean install + backgrounds + cockpit mod with lite hud. 6300FX + HD7850 + 8 GB RAM.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 26. May 17, 21:32

You will need a CPU with a strong singlecore performance to mitigate the performance drop in huge battles. The old AMD FX processors are especially bad at singlecore performance. You could try to use my combat performance patch for XRM, this will help a bit. But to have a truly more satisfying gaming experience, you will have to invest in better hardware.

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Sat, 27. May 17, 11:54

Hi guys,

One of my CAGs was working just fine but now it seems stuck. I've reset all its parameters to default and nothing seems to work. It's supply/selling from a complex making Flails and Hammers, and when I give it the CAG command, it goes out, buys Cahoonas, and then just sits on Standby, although the complex is starved of Cahoonas ! It refuses to return to its home base and engage in any more buying/selling activities. The pilot is a Major Dealar, so I know that's not the problem. Any ideas ?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 27. May 17, 14:04

gapper4 wrote:Hi guys,

One of my CAGs was working just fine but now it seems stuck. I've reset all its parameters to default and nothing seems to work. It's supply/selling from a complex making Flails and Hammers, and when I give it the CAG command, it goes out, buys Cahoonas, and then just sits on Standby, although the complex is starved of Cahoonas ! It refuses to return to its home base and engage in any more buying/selling activities. The pilot is a Major Dealar, so I know that's not the problem. Any ideas ?
Are you using the newest version 3.4.08 of the CAG script? If not, please try this first.

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Sat, 27. May 17, 14:39

Well, it's whatever script was included in the latest XRM download. Is there a way to download the script independently of XRM ? Sorry for the noob question but I am..... a noob :)

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 27. May 17, 17:31

XRM does not include the CAG script. If it is in your game, then you have the Bonus Pack for X3 installed. Please note that the CAG script version is quite old in the Bonus Pack - you should update the script first, perhaps your problems will then go away. :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”