Anime/Manga Review

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Tue, 28. Feb 17, 09:23

As someone who has been watching RWBY for years I can also reiterate felters points about it being great.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 2. Mar 17, 01:26

Just notice that Netflix has GANTZ: O on it. Not watched it yet as I have been watching the original and still have a couple of episodes to go, but I did start to watch it and it's all done in CGI, and it looks pretty damn awesome. If it's half as good as the original, it will be worth watching.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Thu, 2. Mar 17, 23:10

I don't know if anyone is watching KONOSUBA this season, but if you're not, you really should be. Its honestly one of the best comedy anime I've ever seen, and probably comedies in general for that matter.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Fri, 3. Mar 17, 15:31

felter wrote:Seven deadly sins season 2 is released on Netflix next Friday 17 February. The only thing it is not the English dubbed version, I know but my brain wanders right now and I can't keep up with the reading of the subs, so I prefer dubbed versions nowadays, older age and the drugs I'm currently on.
Sounded dubbed to me, unless I can understand Japanese. In the UK it's only 4 episodes - don't know if there are more to come.
A flower?

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 3. Mar 17, 18:18

Redvers Ganderpoke wrote:
felter wrote:Seven deadly sins season 2 is released on Netflix next Friday 17 February. The only thing it is not the English dubbed version, I know but my brain wanders right now and I can't keep up with the reading of the subs, so I prefer dubbed versions nowadays, older age and the drugs I'm currently on.
Sounded dubbed to me, unless I can understand Japanese. In the UK it's only 4 episodes - don't know if there are more to come.
It is just 4 episodes. The preview for it was not in English, this is why I thought the release was also not going to be in English, but as you pointed out it is, so YAY for that.

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Fri, 3. Mar 17, 20:04

InFlamesForEver wrote:I don't know if anyone is watching KONOSUBA this season, but if you're not, you really should be. Its honestly one of the best comedy anime I've ever seen, and probably comedies in general for that matter.
I think season 1 was brought up some pages ago. Certainly gonna watch season 2 once all episodes are out (btw good that you remind me to look up when that will be.)
Last edited by clakclak on Sun, 5. Mar 17, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 3. Mar 17, 23:42

clakclak wrote:
InFlamesForEver wrote:I don't know if anyone is watching KONOSUBA this season, but if you're not, you really should be. Its honestly one of the best comedy anime I've ever seen, and probably comedies in general for that matter.
I think season 1 was brought up some pages ago. Certainly gonna watch season once all episodes are out (btw good that you remind me to look up when that will be.)
Ive seen Konosuba and have read up to the latest that has been translated(beyond the anime). I wouldnt say its the funniest but it is definitely funny at parts and its a good anime

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Tue, 7. Mar 17, 13:12

"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 7. Mar 17, 17:51

So I have started watching the second series of Blue Exorcist, and it doesn't make any sense. It turns out they have kind of ignored the last 8 episodes from the first series, they never happened. So if you watched all the 25 episodes from the first series, and then start watching the second series, you are left scratching your head, as it does not make any sense. But if you just watch up to and include episode 17, of the first series, and then start watching the second series, it makes sense. It wouldn't be so bad if they somehow explained this, but they do not explain any of it, you have to work it out for yourself, or go onto the internet like I did.

Apart from that it seems to be okay. Hasn't been dubbed into English yet, so subtitles are the way to go, but as I said so far it seems to be okay, but only watched the first 3 episodes so far. Mind you I now have a bold spot from scratching my head.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Tue, 7. Mar 17, 18:31

felter wrote:So I have started watching the second series of Blue Exorcist, and it doesn't make any sense. It turns out they have kind of ignored the last 8 episodes from the first series, they never happened. So if you watched all the 25 episodes from the first series, and then start watching the second series, you are left scratching your head, as it does not make any sense. But if you just watch up to and include episode 17, of the first series, and then start watching the second series, it makes sense. It wouldn't be so bad if they somehow explained this, but they do not explain any of it, you have to work it out for yourself, or go onto the internet like I did.

Apart from that it seems to be okay. Hasn't been dubbed into English yet, so subtitles are the way to go, but as I said so far it seems to be okay, but only watched the first 3 episodes so far. Mind you I now have a bold spot from scratching my head.
Sounds like its following the manga from where they parted rather than continuing with the ending that the anime had. The manga is still ongoing.

This is just my guess, not looked it up at all.
In Flames We Trust

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 14. Mar 17, 19:17

I never knew that there was a highlander manga film, it's called Highlander The Search for Vengeance and I found it on youtube.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 18:14

Been watching Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, its pretty funny. It's all about a young female Japanese computer programmer, who gets drunk and ends up in the mountains somehow, and saves a dragon, not sure on how she does that one either. Anyway, it turns out that Dragons can take human form, and this Dragon is so infatuated with Miss Kobayashi, she decides to become here maid. There is a quite a bit of sexual references and as both Miss Kobayashi and Tohru (the Dragons name) are both female characters, you can see where some of these are going. While there is no sex in the show itself and lesbianism is not directly mentioned, it is hinted upon. It is quite good and worth a watch.

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 19:21

felter wrote:I never knew that there was a highlander manga film, it's called Highlander The Search for Vengeance and I found it on youtube.
Probably the second best Highlander film of the lot, possibly third depending on how you view Highlander 3.

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 19:26

felter wrote:Been watching Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, its pretty funny. It's all about a young female Japanese computer programmer, who gets drunk and ends up in the mountains somehow, and saves a dragon, not sure on how she does that one either. Anyway, it turns out that Dragons can take human form, and this Dragon is so infatuated with Miss Kobayashi, she decides to become here maid. There is a quite a bit of sexual references and as both Miss Kobayashi and Tohru (the Dragons name) are both female characters, you can see where some of these are going. While there is no sex in the show itself and lesbianism is not directly mentioned, it is hinted upon. It is quite good and worth a watch.
Yeah its a pretty good show and the fanservice is shamelessly obvious while not going overboard... in most cases *cough* Lucoa *cough*.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 22:56

I also quite enjoy the dragon maid. The fanservice is not bad really, its part of the joke. It is 'D' for dragon after all.
In Flames We Trust

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sat, 1. Apr 17, 17:03

Season 2 Ep 1 of Attack on Titan is now on Crunchyroll.

So another week before I can watch it (non premium), but anyhew, awesome news :D

http://www.crunchyroll.com/attack-on-titan

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Sat, 1. Apr 17, 20:42

Ok so I have started (and almost finished) Claymore. It is one of the best shows I have seen in quite some time, but the first two or three episodes are so unbelievably bad compared to the rest that I almost stopped watching. How the managed to have sutch a bad start for an otherwise really good show is beyond me.
Chips wrote:Season 2 Ep 1 of Attack on Titan is now on Crunchyroll.

So another week before I can watch it (non premium), but anyhew, awesome news :D

http://www.crunchyroll.com/attack-on-titan
To get everyones memory back. A short humorous recap of season 1.

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Tue, 4. Apr 17, 21:01

May as well put this here too - if you like your fav anime music, then check out Youtube for some very talented piano players...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEQf5lcnj_o

Epic!

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 17. May 17, 01:33

Discovered a new one and this one is definitely not suitable for the younger audience I'm not even sure I would allow a fourteen year old to watch it. It's called Seven Mortal sins and it's all about a fallen angel called Lucifer fighting the seven mortal sins. Just that doesn't make it sound bad but it is full of sex if you are watching it on Crunchyroll or funimation very quickly you will notice that it has been censored, but there is uncensored version out there. The other thing, it seems to all be large breasted female characters, there are males, but they are in the background and so far they don't seem to play any major roles in the storyline. Remember I did mention it is full of sex, so I'll let you work out just what is going on there, a clue though, remember the two words, female and sex. If your a prude watch the censored version, or better still don't watch it at all. If your not, then look out the uncensored version it so much better, or wait till funimation gets the uncensored version, but you will need a full account with them to watch it then.

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Sat, 20. May 17, 04:05

Koe no Katachi, a real tear-jerker but a good and powerful one.

It should be shown in schools, shows the effect bullying can have quite realistically... :(
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Return to “Off Topic English”