[Mod] X-tended X-pantion [v. 1.4, OHEMGEE][RELEASED 2/16/2017]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

wotano

Post by wotano » Wed, 22. Feb 17, 21:58

thanks a lot really great work :)
Steam Powered :)
[ external image ]

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Thu, 23. Feb 17, 21:25

@ Enenra: thanks. that means that it's something buried in XTC's fooking labyrinth of scripts and not fixable quickly. joy.

@sorkvild: 1.4 has 'passive' integration, meaning some scripts will use them, and a small amount of active integration from an altered jobs file. 1.4.1 will include significantly more active integration, but I'm still ironing out the kinks.
A tinker
And maker of models

Kraosdada

Post by Kraosdada » Sat, 25. Feb 17, 21:15

Hi. Uhh... so... have you tried using both your mod and the one that brings Cadius' ships into XTC? :?

Link

I wanna use them both, and i want to know if they're compatible, and if not, if there is a compatibility patch. :goner: [/url]

EDIT: They're not, unfortunately...

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Sun, 26. Feb 17, 22:21

yeah, not compatible.

I'll be honest, I'm not gonna bother with making compatibility patches myself until XPM is content-complete. it'd be ENTIRELY too much work otherwise.
A tinker
And maker of models

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Mon, 27. Feb 17, 05:46

A few issues I have noticed.

The Coyote, the M6 split pirate ship, all the Gatling gun with the right gatling gun scene reference ordinal 2 with a value of 1 instead of 0. Meaning the ones on the right don't work right.

The M7 turrets don't move.

PS. Playing X3 AP and ported ships and props over. Have verified both components.txt and dummies.txt

PS 2. I had my components.txt imported in reverse order from yours. So something was wrong with either the terran turret or the split captial that then stopped the M7 turrents from loading correctly.

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Tue, 28. Feb 17, 22:50

@ rover: I'm aware that the Split capital turrets refuse to work right- I honestly had forgotten about that. I've tried several things to fix it (the version in-game is actually the FOURTH iteration of starting-from-a-clean-file exporting) but as it was just the animation not functioning rather than lasers I left it alone until I'd finished other things. not sure why it would be causing OTHER turrets to malfunction, since the base file has the Terran turret added after the split turret and it was working during my tests AFAIR.

I'll have a look at the Coyote, that looks like a genuine human-error.

though I can't say how much of your issues are being caused by running AP, since IIRC the XTC build for it is still experimental and not being actively maintained, and I don't have it at all and thus don't mod for it.
A tinker
And maker of models

KRM398
xr

been away from TC for a while and wnated to give your mod a try

Post by KRM398 » Sun, 19. Mar 17, 21:44

well the idea was good anyways,wanted to see TC with a lot of new ships in it. downloaded the latest version,added your mod and fired it up. found myself sitting inside (literally) of some new ship, with body panels all around and a solid nose I cant see past. remembered from mods before if the files dont go in right then there's trouble, mainly the script files. went back downloaded it again, unzipped it and copy and pasted to the file folder for TC and said yes to over write the files. then went back in..same thing, ship is a mess and every vessel in Omicron has hull but no shields. tried three different times with same result, so deleted it from the files and went back to the regular old TC, boring but still my only other choice. :roll:

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 19. Mar 17, 22:39

You do realise that this mod is an extention to the X-Tended Terran Conflict (XTC) mod, don't you? Your post sounds as if you would try to run it with plain X3TC.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Mon, 20. Mar 17, 06:11

@Mechanis I managed to fix the cap ship turrets. Will post the fix when I get a chance.

KRM398
xr

yep I know

Post by KRM398 » Mon, 20. Mar 17, 14:56

got the TC setup, then got the XTC set up, and then the new mod. I start out in the same old elite, fly around a bit and get to the argon wharf and dock. it shows 3 new corvettes, and a list of things named as CQ etc, with numbers, so some of the names didnt make it in. all the specs are there for the M3-4-5 ships but not the names.

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Wed, 22. Mar 17, 00:30

... try re-running your script cashe?

or manually running the setup script.

... unless you forgot to put the setup script in, which, obviously, will mean the game doesn't read the custom text file. which is the other cause of that.

also, quick brainstoming session- I'm doing custom Police Cutters for each race (flashing lights and spiffy paint-jobs included) and was wondering your thoughts on light colors- I've decided to use 'classic' red-and-blue and the American iconic black-and-white colorstyle for the Argon, but I'm wondering if anyone had some ideas for other races.

(it always sorta bothered me that there was effectively zero distinction between actual military and police [who are, in any sane regime, FIRMLY civilian] and the civilians. I'm working on civvie ships based on X2 stuff, and police are just the easiest to handle since they have specific job files which are easy to alter, rather than the annoying jobs-scripts hybrid that half the game uses and the maze of inter-reactive scripts another third uses. I swear to god I've broke the game at least a dozen times every time I try to get the MSCI to co-operate.

and don't even get me started on stuff that uses jobs, MSCI and MD scripts, which is OH GOD WHY
A tinker
And maker of models

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Thu, 23. Mar 17, 05:59

Components.txt

Code: Select all

ships\Mechworks\props\M7_Turret2_Weapon; 2;
NULL; 0.040048;0.026836;0.723101; 0.000000;0.000000;0.000000;
NULL; -0.040047;0.026836;0.723101; 0.000000;0.000000;0.000000;
ships\Mechwoks\props\M7_Turret1_Weapon; 2;
NULL; 0.040048;0.026836;0.723101; 0.000000;0.000000;0.000000;
NULL; -0.040047;0.026836;0.723101; 0.000000;0.000000;0.000000;
ships\Mechworks\props\M7_Turret3_Weapon; 2;
NULL; -0.055049;0.036890;0.993992; 0.000000;0.000000;0.000000;
NULL; 0.055050;0.036890;0.993992; 0.000000;0.000000;0.000000;
Dummies.txt

ships\Mechworks\props\M7_Turret1_dummy;GUNF_ROTATE;1;GUNSTATUS_INITIAL;ships\Mechworks\props\M7_Turret1_scene;2;ships\Mechworks\props\M7_Turret1_body;GUNPARTF_ROTATEALPHA;ships\Mechworks\props\M7_Turret1_Weapon;GUNPARTF_ROTATEALPHA|GUNPARTF_ROTATEBETA;
ships\Mechworks\props\M7_Turret2_dummy;GUNF_ROTATE;1;GUNSTATUS_INITIAL;ships\Mechworks\props\M7_Turret2_scene;2;ships\Mechworks\props\M7_Turret2_body;GUNPARTF_ROTATEALPHA;ships\Mechworks\props\M7_Turret2_Weapon;GUNPARTF_ROTATEALPHA|GUNPARTF_ROTATEBETA;
ships\Mechworks\props\M7_Turret3_dummy;GUNF_ROTATE;1;GUNSTATUS_INITIAL;ships\Mechworks\props\M7_Turret3_scene;2;ships\Mechworks\props\M7_Turret3_body;GUNPARTF_ROTATEALPHA;ships\Mechworks\props\M7_Turret3_Weapon;GUNPARTF_ROTATEALPHA|GUNPARTF_ROTATEBETA;
The file naming capitalization didn't match the scene files also if I remember correctly.

Here is what I ended up with for a scene file with the turrets working.

// Converted with x2bc from "C:\Users\rover\Desktop\Mechworks-Props\M7_Turret1_scene.bob" at Sun Feb 26 23:20:24 2017

/# Exported with dbox2 1.13 from M7turret.max at 1/3/2013 7:46:42 PM

VER: 6; 

P 0; B ships\Mechworks\props\M7_Turret1_body; N Bships\Mechworks\props\M7_Turret1_bodyb; // idx 0, flags: 0
{ 0x2002; 0;0;0; 0.000000;0.000000;0.000000;0.000000; -1; 1; } // 0

P 1; B ships\Mechworks\props\M7_Turret1_mount; N Bships\Mechworks\props\M7_Turret1_mountb; // idx 1, flags: 0

P 2; B ships\Mechworks\props\M7_Turret1_Weapon; N Bships\Mechworks\props\M7_Turret1_Weaponb; // idx 2, flags: 0

P 3; B laser; N laser; // idx 3, flags: 0
{ 0x2002; 1340;894;23695; 0.000000;0.000000;0.000000;0.000000; -1; 1; } // 0

P 4; B laser; N laser; // idx 4, flags: 0
{ 0x2002; -1340;894;23695; 0.000000;0.000000;0.000000;0.000000; -1; 1; } // 0

Milite Ignoto
x3tc

Post by Milite Ignoto » Thu, 30. Mar 17, 00:11

Hello Mechanis,

really glad that someone still gives some love and attention to the old XTC. It deserves this, and your ships are really awesome! I really needed the changes in the TS :D .
I hope you will continue to work on this, I'm very interested in see what you will do!

By the way, do you have any plans for the Aran? I miss that giant in my XTC games. :roll:

Thank you for your work!

EDIT: There's a little problem in my new game with the 1.4, the Colossus, the Advanced versions of the Elite,Buster and Discoverer have some weird numebers before their names.

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Fri, 31. Mar 17, 22:57

yeah, the numbers thing is a known bug. I am COMPLETELY baffled about it and have just given up trying to fix it until more of my actual planned content is done, since it doesn't really affect much beyond minor immersion issues.

as for the MSY... I've thought about it on occasion, because, well, I'm an incorrigible pirate and having a completely mobile infrastructure (via TL+ and MSY) appeals to me. perhaps once I'm a bit more competent with Mission Director I might whip up a short plotline to reward one, though if I do I might end up going whole-hog and making a few different ones.

honestly the biggest thing on my list for 'major update' now that I've got the TS stuff done and (most of) the silly variant thing cut, is getting the Terran stuff done- especially TLs, since they don't have any. as much as I like the Ozias, it really strains my suspension of disbelief that the isolationist, militaristic and more-than-moderately paranoid Terran government presented in XTC would entrust all their TL needs to the Goners, who, it must be said, don't always get along with them in XTC's lore.

and while I don't play a terran, I know a few people who do and have endured the (MANY) complaints about not being able to find hireable TLs until much later than other races.
A tinker
And maker of models

Milite Ignoto
x3tc

Post by Milite Ignoto » Sun, 2. Apr 17, 10:03

Yeah, the numbers issue is not a great problem.

Mechanis wrote: as for the MSY... I've thought about it on occasion, because, well, I'm an incorrigible pirate and having a completely mobile infrastructure (via TL+ and MSY) appeals to me. perhaps once I'm a bit more competent with Mission Director I might whip up a short plotline to reward one, though if I do I might end up going whole-hog and making a few different ones.
Heck, if you manage to add more plots in XTC I could start to worship you :D
No seriously, XTC need a story badly, especially considering the lore written in the manual. As for now, the Aldrians, the Goners and the Yaki are basically useless, IMHO because the developers wanted to implement them with plots, but ended up with only the M2+ plots.

Mechanis wrote: honestly the biggest thing on my list for 'major update' now that I've got the TS stuff done and (most of) the silly variant thing cut, is getting the Terran stuff done- especially TLs, since they don't have any. as much as I like the Ozias, it really strains my suspension of disbelief that the isolationist, militaristic and more-than-moderately paranoid Terran government presented in XTC would entrust all their TL needs to the Goners, who, it must be said, don't always get along with them in XTC's lore.
Yeah, it's weird. The Terrans have the Kobe, but it's only buyable. That said, it's also true that the Goners are the only faction that still have some degree of favor with them, and we have to think that in the Solar System ALL the ships in space belong to USC or ATF. So, what I think is that the Terran Democracy doesn't care much about civilian enterpreneurs, it lets them to buy factories but it can't be bothered to set up a service of station deployment for them.
However, if they used the Ozias to develop new sectors unlocked, that would be a major lore-breaking problem,yes. I don't remember now, in most of my games I'm against them
:D

Oh, there's another thing: are the Yaki Washi supposed to be OP?

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Sat, 15. Apr 17, 21:46

actually, there used to be Terran Kobes flying around, but for some arcane reason known only to them, XTC's team decided to turn them all into Ozias. :gruebel:

as for the Washi: yes, the Washi is a bit awesome (it is, after all, more a light frigate than a corvette) buuut given how hard it is to get ahold of (and how easy it is for the Yaki SY to die from SUDDENLY XENON or SUDDENLY KA'AK) I figured having a bit of awesome would be a good thing.

you might note the same about Tenjins, actually- there's no freely available fighter other than the Terran Stilletto that can outgun a Tenjin. there just isn't.
hell, there are some corvettes that can't outgun a Tenjin. they are, however, fairly slow.
the Washi does have its own weaknesses though, primarily of the 'it's still a corvette. a really -good- corvette, but most proper capital ships will eat it for lunch' variety.

sorta like the not-currently-available-without-cheating Deathclaw Prototype, which is hands-down the fastest, shootiest and generally better-than-youiest M3 in the game... but it's still a M3, with attendant hull and shield values and lack of ability to mount really big guns.
A tinker
And maker of models

sithneverdiealone

Post by sithneverdiealone » Wed, 3. May 17, 03:06

this may seem like a stupid question, but can this be run at the same time as Killjaeden's Shipexpansion?https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0
Peace thru Superior Corporate Management... and 47 fully loaded Valhallas.

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Mon, 22. May 17, 08:06

Nope, it can not.. As far as i know, both mods use a custom TShips file, so the one that is installed last will overwrite the other.. If you want to use both of them together, you will have to merge the TShips files of both the mods.. (and very possibly other TFiles that both mods use)

You could easaly do this yourself by using X3Editor 2 made by Doubleshadow found here:

http://x-tools.doubleshadow.wz.cz/

Try it, and if you have questions, ask em..

Might wanna start your own topic for the questions tho..

AnU

EveRohann
x3

Post by EveRohann » Wed, 31. May 17, 21:39

*Edit* Bah didnt see that it was only for XTC 2.0. However I do see a new version 1.4 and you said you were going to make it compatible with XTC 2.2a. Is that version compatible with the newish 2.2a patch?

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Sat, 28. Oct 17, 02:58

1.4 should be, since I added a bunch of new ships and updated the Tships... and a ton of other stuff. 1.4 is considerably more involved than 1.3 regarding what it modifies.

so on that note, here's the lowdown: I make minimum wage, and my old lappy finally threw in the towel and died, so I'm running a cheapo chromebook for internet access and such. this means I'm not going to be able to work on this until I can afford a new computer... which is gonna be a while. on the plus side, I was pretty close to being ready to throw out 1.5 when my lappy died, and I've pulled the drive into an external mount to use as a memory sink, so it's still fine and all the data's still there... and I've backed up most of the critical files into my Google drive just in case. that means that, once I do have a new machine, I should be able to throw up 1.5 in a couple weeks at most.

this should also give people time to find out if any of the plots- particularly those that deal with Pirates or Xenon forces as aggressors(which is most of them)- throw up any ships that aren't supposed to be there or other errors. I nuked the variant thing for the main races in 1.4, though all the Tships entries are still there to prevent issues with ids. I have, however, changed all their names to "wwwUndefinedwww" so if one of those shows up in your game please let me know where you saw it, what job it was doing if any, and what ship it was, since that'll help me narrow down what script is spawning it so I can change it.

1.4 also has all the new freighters, so if you all could take 'em for a spin or two and give your opinions on them, that'd be great. I'd love to hear about which one you liked best visually, what was your favorite to fly personally, what you ended up using to feed your complexes, which you liked as independent traders, and so on. just note that none of the new freighters handle like the old ones, and they all have different weapons loadouts, power plants, engine power, cargo bay size and so on from both the stock freighters and every other freighter now ingame.

as a plus, this means that highly traveled traffic lanes are no longer just an endless stream of very slight variations on the same six ships, but a varied rush of ships in all different sizes and shapes, since there's now (counting the Yaki and Pirate freighter variants) over thirty possible freighters just from the TS and TP classes, nevermind the TMs. on the other hand, race military forces will be considerably more homogeneous, since (almost) all the raider/vanguard/whatever nonsense has been pretty much completely removed, barring some Pirate craft (souped-up Raider variants are going to be a thing, for certain craft- mostly M3s and M4s, and 'Marauder' and 'Raider' are going to be catchall terms for assorted Pirate craft that will be padding out their ship listing- eventually, I plan to do a bunch of Shipyard variants and scatter them over the universe, so you need to travel hither and thither and yon to actually find all the different pirate ships... and most of the Marauder and Raider ships just aren't going to be available for purchase, to represent limited runs, chop-shop one-offs, and amateur tinkering by one gang or another. that's far in the future though, since I'm still getting to grips with XTC's spawn scripts and scripting in general.

anyway. rambling. point is, XTM 1.4 is compatible with 2.2a and its fixes, provided none of them are from later than May. it does, however contain a whole lot more edits in more temperamental places than Tships, like script and jobs files, which are both much harder to spot when they stop working right and more likely to be messed up since I'm still very much a newbie with them.
note: I'll be updating the first post with the new link and suchlike.
A tinker
And maker of models

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”