How do I change the Kyoto's hangar size?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Desamir

How do I change the Kyoto's hangar size?

Post by Desamir » Sat, 29. Apr 17, 22:21

Hi guys, first post. I'm trying to add 20 small (M3-M5) docking slots to the Kyoto's hangar bay, without changing its existing 6 medium (TP/M6) slots.

I understand the basics of editing .cat files, but I can't figure out how to add docking slots of a different size. Is this possible?

Zaitsev
x4

Re: How do I change the Kyoto's hangar size?

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 29. Apr 17, 23:34

Desamir wrote:I understand the basics of editing .cat files, but I can't figure out how to add docking slots of a different size. Is this possible?
Not on ships with internal hangars like the Kyoto has, no.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Mon, 22. May 17, 08:23

Possible..? Yes.. Easy..? Not realy..

If you want to add fighter dockingslots on a ship that dont have any, you will have to add a fighter-size-ship dockingpoint to the scene file of the ship.. This can be the standard fighterhangar bay like the one on the Argon Colossus (bit hard, you will have to make a hole in the shipmodel for the dockingbay to fit in), a custom made one (more complicated, requires some TFile editing too) or just a point at wich they "vanish" (easiest but least realistic way) and therefor docked to the cap ship.. Any of these options will have to be done in a program like gmax or 3dsmax.. There is some documentation around on the internet about it..

Dont forget, if you add internal docking slots for fighters, you will have to add launch slots too..

AnU

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”