New X game wishlist!! write here features you need in next X game

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alandauron
x4

Post by Alandauron » Mon, 17. Apr 17, 16:02

gbjbaanb wrote:Of course this means you have to have a bit of UI to assign individuals to the crew slots. This surely isn't that much of a problem (particularly if your crew roster is a drag and drop affair)
I'm actually working on something like this for X: Rebirth, only for Engineers though. It's not exactly the same as it doesn't allow each crew type to change designated role but I am trying to build a UI where you assign an Engineer to a respective role on large and x-large ships. Essentially when you choose the dialog option, "Work Here" instead of cutting straight to the disembark scene it would open up a UI asking where you want to assign them.

Assailer
x4

Post by Assailer » Thu, 20. Apr 17, 05:57

Same or improved modding system with performance measurement features.

Modders should be able to profile their mod impact on game engine. FPS is very situational.

mthemaster
x4

Post by mthemaster » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 11:59

Yes Observe you are so right about highways I still dont understand them, totally ruin the game. Jump gates on x3 and good sector map and galaxy maps I could get so much better,

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 15:43

- I-WAR 2 flight and combat mechanics for the smaller (corvette size) ships - I would encourage the Devs to try out the Quick Combat scenario instead of watching videos of this on youtube.

- Corvette size craft (Skunk-Size) should be the smallest available craft. one manned fighters/bombers superceded by drones.

- What the MIS mod did:

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=372684

- Power management (again something like in I-WAR2)

- No highways. Please. (sorry but again something akin to LDS from I-WAR 2)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 17:43

@dertien: There was a lot of fighters in I-WAR 2 and one of them was flyable by player in the begining of campaign.

I loved the LDS and capsule drive mechanics in I-WAR 2, but what I loved most of it was the very nice star system map where every planet orbited the star, every moon orbited the planet and station orbited either sun/planet/moon.

Also turtle on busy jump points as a pirate to prey on passing freighters was fun.

Too bad I-WAR 2 was less open space sandbox and more story driven. Even if story was great several missions were ultra hard (I had to approach them like 10+ times as checkpoint system in I-WAR 2 wasn't very good).

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 22:25

toggle menu key: you all know this you are ordering a new ship or doing something similar complex (more than 10menus full of settings involved), than a pirate/xenon/kha'ak/PMC squad spawns/enters the system and decides to attack YOU!
result closing all menus (in XR if dialogue is involved you have also to wait for their speeches)
attacking that nasty ship (with "menu reduced" shields)
reopen all these menus to retry your order.

solution a key that minimizes/restores all menus, example: click at the bottom right corner of Windows10.

Oh and multi menu support would be nice, especially with drag and drop between different menus
e.g. buy a ship dialogue: drag in an existing ship to build an exact copy of that ship at full condition.

X menus are mostly about managing property, which is a pretty similar task to manage files in an OS, so copy they handling of an OS if possible, should be pretty intuitive, too.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Koritnaciino
x4

Post by Koritnaciino » Sun, 30. Apr 17, 12:53

1. More playable ships for player. Upgradable few times but also with visual changes ... for ex. new arm what holding new weapon etc... also give us back programable turrets.
2. Some automatic interactions ... in rebrth was to much manual work to build big univerze and flets ... ok for ex. pust crew to stations or new ships was to much jobs ... so lets do this way ... on the beginig of the game let as do manualy to get the point .. but have options to have some rent agent what will do this job for us ... rent him will be to expensive so it not will be possible to use on the begining ... this mechanics should be great for all this small manual jobs ... trade agents etc...
3. What to do when you finish the plot ... push us to some intergalactic war on the end of plot to push us make big fleets and to choice some fraction .. make the universe more dangerous ...

St4n

Fleet Templates and autobuild / rebuild

Post by St4n » Sun, 30. Apr 17, 23:24

Make it possible to save Fleet templates (including everything, ships equipment, fighters, drones, weapons, etc.) and than the option to order whole fleets via template and repair/rebuy/rebuild anything that is missing from the fleet after a fight.

Basicly a command to my admiral: "You know how your fleet should look like (template) go and buy everything needed."

Everyhting that kills unnecessary clicks is a good thing.

The same goes for a good UI. If the average amount of clicks to do something is more than 3 it is bad design.
- context sensitivity
- symbols instead of text
- menues that are not 7 layers deep or have +8 options at the screen

Please, throw away that menu-system you have. It's just easier for you to build, not easy to use. If you don't know how to make a proper UI get some external help or just steal from other games.

monster.zero
x4

Post by monster.zero » Tue, 2. May 17, 02:48

No planets.

If I see a planet, I want to land on it..........or I start thinking about the billions of humans/aliens living on the planet and why they aren't flying around in their own personal space ships. (There are billions of cars on Earth..........I'd fully expect cities the size of Los Angeles to be in orbit, with it's 10 million citizens with their own space ship. A city in orbit would be a cloud of space vehicles)

No highways.

To support billions of space ships you'd need hundreds of highways....(Would be cool to see them crisscross each other though.....each filled with thousands of space ships..large and small....)

No fleets.......Unless you up the population of the game.....having a fleet of warships to protect 400-500 humans is insane. (USA has fleets to protect 300 million humans....China has fleets protecting it's 1.3 billion humans)

Make X4 a small colony game. With a population of 50 thousand on the out skirts of a major shipping hub. The major hub routes billions of goods a day to the outlying star systems. It hosts thousands of pirates who prey on the vast amount of activity. There would only be about 60 thousand spaceships in and around the hub. With 3 major fleets to protect the it.

No Faster Than Light travel.

You are stuck in a colony that reaches from Earth to the moon. Protect the colony or defeat it.
DEC BC ; Decrease the counter
LD A, B ; Load one byte of the counter into the accumulator
OR C ; Bitwise OR with the other byte
JR NZ, Loop

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

A Safe Haven

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Thu, 11. May 17, 08:05

One thing that I would really like is some kind of station that I could homebase my traders at.

So after they have finished all of their trades they could dock at this station, gain protection, refuel and get fully repaired if needed.

I for one don't like to have my traders just sitting around in space or drifting aimlessly behind me and interfering with my current activity.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 11. May 17, 19:31

I 'homebase' all my spare ships in an Empty Sector, and usually station a large warship there for protection, although empty sectors never seem to attract enemy ships. But I get what you're saying. I'd much prefer an actual station and an actual dock, which doesn't really exist in Rebirth. Capital ships never dock, they just sidle up to a port and exchange drones with the station.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sun, 14. May 17, 22:19

Toramo wrote:My wish,

Just a true X.

Also, do not lie on what will be the game with a catastrophic marketing campaign like they did for XR.

Oh wait, why not after all, XR was an AMAZING SUCCESS (said Bernd).

Yes, I do not forget.
No, I'll not pre-order.

++

Only they didn't lie, they said it was going to be one ship and that's what we got, they said Highways, no Seta etc.

It's peoples expectations that let themselves think it was anything else but.

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Post by gbjbaanb » Mon, 22. May 17, 17:09

No, it really was hyped up - maybe by us as much as them, but it was going to be the absolutely best thing ever. I remember the idea that the economy would be fully functioning, never anything magicked out of nowhere, pathfinding fixed for sure.

We must take a lot of the blame - b**** walking in stations was a huge distraction, but they must also take some blame for trying to dumb it down to appeal to 'casual console gamers'.

But there's no blame to go round, what is important is that we learn from these past mistakes and DO NOT REPEAT THEM!

Mr. Personal
x4

Post by Mr. Personal » Wed, 24. May 17, 20:35

Tutorial
"it doesn't matter what is the truth, but what people believe is a true" -Unknown Dictator

"Good Artists Copy; Great Artists Steal" -Picasso

Planning how to plan.

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Sun, 4. Jun 17, 19:26

I liked the idea of building stations up section by section ... but the modularity of it didn't go deep enough.

I want to be able to specify which modules to build, not just select from a pre-rendered list.

I want the CV to be able to survive a gnat farting on it once.

I want to be able tell the CV crew :-
- restock construction drones automatically
- build all the parts, sequentially ... don't stop until it's completed

providing of course station construction remains anything resembling XR

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Sun, 11. Jun 17, 08:59

Planets that allow to land and anything that could lend more credibility to the fact that the universe is alive is always a plus
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

Sockrox
x3tc

Post by Sockrox » Tue, 20. Jun 17, 08:15

Something worth playing: not The Next Big Turd

No crappiness of a console port without even having the console version.

More Betty. I enjoyed hearing her prattle on about any and everything. Maybe a few sectors that get randomized (each start) between the empires.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 20. Jun 17, 13:30

Speaking of CV - I always hate in XR that CV stick out of the station for no reason. It would be much better if CV would be integrated as part of the station or some kind of station craddle/core - that way we would not have to bother with protection/management of two separate objects.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Wed, 21. Jun 17, 00:57

mr.WHO wrote:Speaking of CV - I always hate in XR that CV stick out of the station for no reason. It would be much better if CV would be integrated as part of the station or some kind of station craddle/core - that way we would not have to bother with protection/management of two separate objects.
The Xcyclopaedia description leads us to believe that that was the (game) designed intention; it was simply left out due to other constraints.. :(
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Wed, 21. Jun 17, 20:34

Sockrox wrote:Something worth playing: not The Next Big Turd

No crappiness of a console port without even having the console version.

More Betty. I enjoyed hearing her prattle on about any and everything. Maybe a few sectors that get randomized (each start) between the empires.
I wouldn't expect anything more than XR with only small/medium ships to pilot. It will probably have similar fallout like XR did when people realize that X4 (XR2) don't have X3s main features. But what I'm looking forward is to see how egos apologists are going to try sugarcoat this one :rofl:
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”