Sector map issues / bug

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

witteaap
x4

Sector map issues / bug

Post by witteaap » Mon, 29. May 17, 21:05

Dear all,

I'm not sure if I've encountered a feature, or a bug, but the result is that the sector map becomes a bit cluttered and as a result, much less useful for navigation.

When I was checking and opening encyclopedia entries under "galaxy", I noticed a lot of new entries, all titled "empty space" in the "Glaring Truth" sector. Probably because I've build stations in this sector in empty space, and/or mining vessels operate there.

Upon opening these entries in the encyclopedia, they have actually become integrated within the sector map, both as a new "square" on the map interface, and an entry in the scrollable list (still named "empty space"). Some of the new "squares" are not in the same plane as the original sectors, and need some panning of the sector map.

Since I opened 10-20 of these entries, the sector map of "Glaring Truth" has become messy indeed.

Any ideas to reverse this back to the original state?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 29. May 17, 22:00

Empty Space Zones are generated when Ships pass through Space which is not part of the pre-defined ones and should usually disappear/be deleted if no Ships and Stations are left there. If thats the Zones where you built your Stations you can rename them ;)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 29. May 17, 22:17

Plus, IIRC, temporary zones (the ones with ships only) will always be at the top of the zone list in the sector map, while permanent zones (the ones with stations) will always be at the bottom.

So if you recall your ships in permanent zones, you will de-clutter the sector since the temp. zones will dissapear . Only new zones with stations will remain.

I would have a related question for more experienced users. Is there any way to get rid of a temp zone created by a nav beacon?
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 29. May 17, 22:17

Also you make empty zones show permanently within the map if you drop a Nav Beacon in them.

EDIT: I just saw the question above that was posted at about the same time as my post!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 29. May 17, 22:20

Yup, talk about timing.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 30. May 17, 19:43

Ezarkal wrote:...
I would have a related question for more experienced users. Is there any way to get rid of a temp zone created by a nav beacon?
Yes. Find the beacon, deactivate it by clicking on it and then pick it up.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 30. May 17, 19:45

Thanks for the info!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 30. May 17, 22:00

I think I'll move this from Tech Sp to the Universe (gameplay) forum as it is not really a bug and there is some good gameplay info in here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 1. Jun 17, 02:18

Nanook wrote:
Ezarkal wrote:Is there any way to get rid of a temp zone created by a nav beacon?
Yes. Find the beacon, deactivate it by clicking on it and then pick it up.
Wow! When was that introduced? I've been after (read complaining about) something like that ever since Nav Beacons were added for <playership>!
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 1. Jun 17, 18:49

I only discovered it by accident when I clicked on one of my beacons, prior to HoL as I recall. I saw the little extension retract and the light go out, so I tried to retrieve it and it worked. I don't think it's documented anywhere.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 2. Jun 17, 03:08

TVM Nanook!
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 2. Jun 17, 18:56

You're most welcome. :D

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”