[X3TC] Hub plot does not start - Resolved

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

shadowcode
x4

[X3TC] Hub plot does not start - Resolved

Post by shadowcode » Sun, 17. Apr 11, 20:57

Hey all,

After having finished the Khaak plot, I'd like to move on to the Hub plot.
Both my trade & combat ranking are sufficient (double checked this), and I vaguely remember being hailed in Boron space before.

Back then I ignored it because I was busy with the Khaak plot. What exactly is supposed to happen? I weren't able to gather this from the various walkthroughs here? I understand that you have to comm with Mahi Ma, but do you actually get a questmarker for that?

Anyhow, I don't have any mission entries and I can't find the pilot either, checked every Boron zone, but nothing!

I'm playing the 3.1 Steam version with the following mods installed through the plugin manager:
  • Advanced Product Chaser
  • Auto Prep. Ships
  • Automated Satellite Network
  • Cheat Collection Package
  • Galactic News System
  • JSON parser library
  • Manual Trade Extension
  • Military Base Response Revamp
I also have the following mods/scripts installed:
  • CAG & EST and the libraries thereof.
  • Dock Manager
  • Enhanced Equipment Dock
Nothing really that should allow a pilot and his ship to vanish.
The savegame I'm playing on dates back from the original release, though.

Does anyone know if it's possible to force a plot to restart (via scripting) or dump all ships/pilots to a file (again, via scripting) or something? I'm at loss here, since the Hub mission is a requirement for some of the other missions as well :-(.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 17. Apr 11, 21:52

shadowcode wrote:What exactly is supposed to happen?
The boron Mahi Ma contacts you saying that he could need your help. If you then talk to him the HUB Plot really starts (including an entry in your mission system and activated guidance system). However if you don't talk to him, he will stay at his position (his ship is invicible) until you'll come back to him.
Usually Mahi Ma contacts you, when you are in a boron sector and when he enters that sector. He flies an Enhanced Dolphin. So you should look for that ship near a gate in a boron sector.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

shadowcode
x4

Post by shadowcode » Sun, 17. Apr 11, 22:47

Thanks! For some reason he wandered off to a neighbouring Split sector!
Had to hack together a script that dumps all ship + pilot names in all sectors.

If anyone ever loses track of a character again, feel free to use my (unsupported!) script.
  1. Download it here and extract the .xml file to the scripts folder.
  2. Start X3TC and open the script editor (click to see how)
  3. Click the "Script Editor" command so you get a listing of all the scripts.
  4. Carefully highlight (don't click!) the "hack.dumpshippilots" entry and press 'r' on the keyboard.
  5. Select 'null' from the menu.
  6. Press enter. X3TC willl hang for a minute (more or less) and then respond again. This is okay.
  7. Go to your Documents\Egosoft\X3TC folder (where your savegames are) and doubleclick "log01337.txt".
  8. CTRL+F for your missing ship/pilot, then scroll up to see the sector they're in.

Aphil
x4

Post by Aphil » Thu, 8. Jun 17, 17:04

shadowcode wrote:Thanks! For some reason he wandered off to a neighbouring Split sector!
Had to hack together a script that dumps all ship + pilot names in all sectors.

If anyone ever loses track of a character again, feel free to use my (unsupported!) script.
  1. Download it here and extract the .xml file to the scripts folder.
  2. Start X3TC and open the script editor (click to see how)
  3. Click the "Script Editor" command so you get a listing of all the scripts.
  4. Carefully highlight (don't click!) the "hack.dumpshippilots" entry and press 'r' on the keyboard.
  5. Select 'null' from the menu.
  6. Press enter. X3TC willl hang for a minute (more or less) and then respond again. This is okay.
  7. Go to your Documents\Egosoft\X3TC folder (where your savegames are) and doubleclick "log01337.txt".
  8. CTRL+F for your missing ship/pilot, then scroll up to see the sector they're in.
I know this is years later but this is exactly what I need and the download link is broken. I don't know anything about scripting, could someone please get something like this uploaded again? :(

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 8. Jun 17, 17:35

Is it the same plot character? I'll have to check why he wonders off.

If you could host your savegame or send it to me via e-mail (owen@egosoft.com), I could take a look and let you know where you can find him.

Aphil
x4

Post by Aphil » Thu, 8. Jun 17, 20:26

Thank you so much Owen!

I've sent you an email and I'm eagerly awaiting your reply!

Aphil
x4

Post by Aphil » Fri, 9. Jun 17, 01:24

I found him! It turns out in my game (I'm using Albion Prelude with the TC Plots Mod) King's Knight rank is 9 not 8, which is why I hadn't triggered Mahi Ma yet.

Woohoo!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”