Ranty McRant's thread of rantworthy things

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 11. Jun 17, 21:41

Don't get me started on the TPS, I am registered and it is just a massive waste of time, as most of them just ignore it. When you mention you are registered with them, they apologise saying they will remove your number from their database, just for them to again phone you back the next day.

They try to fine the ones behind it, all they do is close up shop claiming bankruptcy and open up a new company to carry on the next day. Now they are trying to fine the ones behind the companies rather than the companies, but all the do is have everything they own registered with their spouse and claim personal bankruptcy and that they have no assets, so even that doesn't work.

I say they should go after the staff making the calls, and as soon as they realise they are going to end up with a criminal record, they will be more reluctant to make those calls, as they know exactly what is going on and what they are doing.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 12. Jun 17, 00:20

I'm registered on the US's "Do Not Call List." It doesn't make a darn bit of difference - Crooks are going to be crooks. Most of these people are calling from call centers outside of the immediate jurisdiction of US/UK, like in India/Pakistan. They're using huge blocks of numbers they've rented through five shells, and some still spoof 'em, anyway. And, then, even if they did trace the call, suing anyone or taking criminal action against them is practically impossible without the local police becoming actively involved, themselves.

Recently, there was a pretty big bust. But, because there's so much illegal money to be had, it's not going to be stopping anytime soon.

Return to “Off Topic English”