MARS or MEFOS ?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cassin
x4

MARS or MEFOS ?

Post by Cassin » Mon, 12. Jun 17, 09:29

Hi,

I played a lot with MARS as turret script for years now, and for my new game I wanted to try MEFOS, as I really like Lucike's approach of manning thoses huge ships of ours.

But I wondered if MARS isn't better. I mean, MEFOS seems to be (I just unlocked the requirements for hiring crew so I just begin) *just* a gun switching script, where MARS as a smart targeting system and turret orders swapping (and not to forget the goblins extra feature who can be useful).

Does MEFOS as some similar features ? I would hate to come back to a basic turret order "attack / protect / missiles / etc" where MARS is smart enough to adapt to the situation.

So which one do you use / prefer and for which usage ? (personnal ship, AI ship)

Thanks ;)
Au nord, c'était les Borons. La terre, c'était tout au fond. Le ciel, était plein de thons. Les hommes, c'était des poissons.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Mon, 12. Jun 17, 14:53

Sadly Mefos is unnecessary bulky and not as effective as Mars.
Mefos recently got an automatic weapon selection routine but you still need a massive batch of personal to use it. It's just a requirement overkill and it seams to be based on the Codea weapon routine which I know in detail and is much weaker than Mars(as fighters don't have that much firepower you can't waste that much of it).
Mefos is still good for manual weapon switching at small ships.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Cassin
x4

Post by Cassin » Tue, 13. Jun 17, 16:02

OK, thanks, I'll stick to MARS ;)

I have to decide yet if I go for CODEA or ADS for my carrier ^^
Au nord, c'était les Borons. La terre, c'était tout au fond. Le ciel, était plein de thons. Les hommes, c'était des poissons.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”