[SCRIPT] Turbo Booster : V1.10 : 02/08/2011

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Fri, 7. Jun 13, 15:37

UPDATE REQUEST!

As mentioned, only way to make this work is to install it via the bonus package.

AND

The capital-ship variant is quite lacking if installed in a ship that is very slow to begin with.
This is from a XRM-mod point of view but would certainly be welcome in vanilla too:

Make the cap-ship variant increase speed by STATIC 100m/s, not boost the base max-speed. This would be the perfect way to get in ot out of places with large M2+ or just get out of that friggin gate before the terran fleet rams you :D

Reido
x3tc

Post by Reido » Sat, 27. Jul 13, 04:37

I also had the same problem as dotoslocos using Turbo Boost v1.10 in XRM installed on TC i.e. only the title showing in the Configuration menu with no options and Turbo Boost not working.

The Turbo Boost v1.10 SPK has some duplicate file names of .xml and .pck, in order to get it to work I deleted the duplicate .pck files from my scripts folder.

I don't know why this works as the .pck files are just compressed versions of the .xml and if they're the same then the .pck are used as they have a higher precedence, but maybe one of the .pck files is corrupt preventing the configuration menu from showing up.

Hope this helps someone else.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I never install the bonus pack version as it's outdated.

Reido

Koboldx
x3

Problem with booster pack

Post by Koboldx » Thu, 26. Dec 13, 23:33

I got always a crash to desktop after using the Turbo booster, sometimes its delayed and the crash comes few seconds later after the boost. Im using the X3AP_Bonus_Pack_5.1.0.0 and im playing Albion Prelude version 3.1

I was trying to catch some infos from the bonus pack: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=276039[/url]

The including "Turbo boost" release date is from (2011-12-20) so im not sure if this the newest version from the Turbo Booster script in the bonus packed or not!?

Should i download the single spk version from this tread?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 27. Dec 13, 00:26

Does it happen if you use the keyboard to operate the turbo booster (rather than a click on another controller)?

Crash on Joystick Click

Gwizzz
x3

Post by Gwizzz » Fri, 27. Dec 13, 04:38

I upgraded from XRM 1.28 to XRM 1.30d with a fresh install of X3AP. Turbo boost CTD when activated and I was firing the main guns. It seemed like a sound file conflict or something.

My Turbo boost is configured to a joystick button and I've read that I could assign it to a keyboard button then assign a joystick macro to call that hot key. I could but that's just a workaround, not really a fix.

I reverted back to XRM 1.28 and the TB CTD stopped. I'll probably just stick to 1.28 as it works with Turbo Boost being activated directly from the joystick button.

EDIT: I upgraded to XRM 1.30d to take advantage of the TC plots in AP 3.1 mod and its XRM compatibility patch. I also configured my joystick profiler to activate a keyboard key that activates turbo boost as suggested earlier. No more CTD with XRM 1.30d

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 13. Jun 17, 20:19

Link is dead. :-(
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Daemonjax
x4

Re:

Post by Daemonjax » Sat, 20. Apr 19, 13:50

I fixed the exploit where you could re-start the turbo after it ran down to 0% by just hitting the hotkey again, and also added in a packed setup file -- so you don't have to go through the trouble of deleting yours from the bonus pack to get 1.10 to work right.
I also added breaks to the main loop because... I just couldn't help myself ;)

The exploit was caused by a couple lines in the hotkey script which basically does (what seems like) a null check on the local turbo energy variable and sets it to 100 if it's not set. Sounds reasonable, except the way it's done it's also triggered when energy is 0. Oops.
The fix works by setting the local turbo energy variable (it stores 0 to 100%) to 1 if it's 0 when the main loop ends. So you're now really starting at 1% instead of 0%, but you'll never notice the difference (you'll now recharge from 0% to 100% exactly 1% faster). Just pretend I never mentioned it. I did it this way (instead of modifying the null check) so I could be _sure_ it wouldn't break anything else _without_ having to go through and understand how every single script works.

Download link (it's just two script files -- you still need to download version 1.10 from the first post in this thread, install that, and then overwrite with these files):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nujpmo0tbs4yp ... x.zip?dl=0

You can simply install this through plugin manager, of course.

Note: I play X3TC, so I dunno if 1.10 is already in the AP bonus pack or not.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”