X3T Crashes in Windows 10

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

PaperDog

X3T Crashes in Windows 10

Post by PaperDog » Mon, 19. Jun 17, 04:23

I've tried everything I know to do to get my game running in windows 10. But it keeps crashing.

- Tried Windows Mode display
- Tried Compatiility Mode (Win 8 )
- I have updated latest and greatest Graphics Drivers (AMD Radeon R7)
- Updated Direct X
- Tried launching form Steam
- Tried launching direct for DeskTop
- Uninstalled/ reinstalled X3T

All FAIL

MIcrosoft maintains a list of incompatible games but hasnt included X3T (yet)

I am now at the point where I am resigning to the reality that I cant play X3 anymore. Downgrading to a comaptable version of windows is NOT an option. Dual Booting is NOT an option... I'm screwed I guess.

:cry:
PaperDog

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 19. Jun 17, 09:02

A lot of people are running X3TC on Windows 10 without problems. So whatever the exact problem is here, it's unlikely to be Windows 10 alone. Therefore please post your complete [url=http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_answer_en.php?answer=610&version=8][b]DX[/b][b]D[/b]iag[/url]. Maybe there's a hint in it pointing to the possible cause. Would you also please elaborate when exactly the game is crashing? I.e. do you manage to get into the game's main menu and start/load a game or is the game already crashing before reaching the main menu?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”