GOG Connect?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ovni
xr

GOG Connect?

Post by Ovni » Tue, 18. Apr 17, 07:08

It would be nice if you Egosoft guys made your game available through the GOG Connect program. I own all X games on Steam and I'd love to play them on GOG now that the latter offers manual control over updates (and even rollbacks). I always play heavily modded and my game and saves has been wrecked a few times by Steam's auto-updates; I know about no-steam executables but they're a pain to manage.

So yeah, if GOG allows you to make your games available on their platform to existing customers who own the relevant games on Steam it would be awesome. Their system is abuse-proof as Steam and GOG accounts link 1:1, and I don't think there's any cost for you.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 18. Apr 17, 11:30

GOG Connect was a time-limited offer by GOG that they ran at various times last year. We did participate in one round of it, and we'd be happy to do so again if asked, but right now they are not running the scheme.

Ovni
xr

Post by Ovni » Wed, 19. Apr 17, 05:07

Thanks CBJ, that's good to know, I'll be on the lookout for their next round. Hopefully GOG haven't dropped the program.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sat, 22. Apr 17, 11:31

They are currently running it for the SaintsRow Series.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

CommanderTM
xr

Post by CommanderTM » Mon, 1. May 17, 21:19

A quick plea for devs... If you do it again next time, please include dlc's too. My GOG copy is useless because the steam one has all of the DLC but they did not transfer with connect and i was left with only XR. So, i wont be playing that version...

baal1980
x3tc

Post by baal1980 » Mon, 19. Jun 17, 23:01

I'd LOVE to get X3 games on my GOG account as well!

Ovni
xr

Post by Ovni » Tue, 20. Jun 17, 03:08

Weirdly enough X2 was on GOG Connect during the GOG Summer Sale (might still be for a few hours) but not X3. Not sure who decides what gets in there.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”