Steam/GOG etc - Free Stuff (or very, very cheap)

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 13. Jun 17, 09:58

Golden_Gonads wrote:Not a Steam code, but here's a GOG one for Alan Wake's American Nightmare: VUG54D4F6E3F9D3BE3
Got it. Thanks a lot. :)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 16. Jun 17, 18:07

Not sure whether to put this here or in the GOG summer sale but decided to put it here as it's a free game.

GOG are giving away Fantasy General. Never heard of it before, but it seems to have a high review score, but it's free so who cares. :D

Okay this freebie has pissed me off. I had funds in my wallet around $2.50 and I was going to use that to help buy the Witcher 3 expansion pass, but I've been having issues with my bank account which I have been waiting for to be sorted out, which happened today. I clicked on that link for the freebie and it looks like it took the funds from my wallet, as that has went down to zero. I noticed this when I went to buy the season pass. I've emailed them and I will have to wait and see what they have to say about it, while it's only a couple of bucks I'm kind of strapped right now, and I really needed that to pay for the pass. Maybe it's an omen telling me not to buy it.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 16. Jun 17, 23:40

It's only a freebie if you bought more than a certain amount of stuff in the sale, AFAIK?

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 16. Jun 17, 23:44

felter wrote:Not sure whether to put this here or in the GOG summer sale but decided to put it here as it's a free game.

GOG are giving away Fantasy General. Never heard of it before, but it seems to have a high review score, but it's free so who cares. :D...
An outstanding game in the "General" series. It uses the same sorts of mechanics that the others in the series used, but focuses on "fantasy" themed units and abilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzqAsPkKbCs

These are really good entry-level grognard games. PBEM included!

(I loved SSI, back in the day. Bought everything they put out that made it to a shelf. :) )

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 17. Jun 17, 00:26

pjknibbs wrote:It's only a freebie if you bought more than a certain amount of stuff in the sale, AFAIK?
Nope that one is free. If I go onto the site without login on and go to the games page, it says free and there are no conditions to it being free. Plus seeing as I got it, though it emptied my wallet, I never had enough in my wallet to pay for it if it wasn't free.

Rice
x3tc

Post by Rice » Sat, 17. Jun 17, 12:13

Yep general is definately for free just grabed it with my blank account which hoards the freebies from gog thanks for mention it - hope you get our balance mishap sorted with Gog :)
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Eine der hoffnungsreichsten Lebenslagen ist die, wenn es uns so schlecht geht, dass es uns nicht mehr schlechter gehen kann. [Felix Krull]

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 20. Jun 17, 21:30

The Witcher enhanced edition and Gwent game free on gog.com

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comm ... _freebeta/

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Thu, 22. Jun 17, 20:02

Not steam, but Killing Floor is free on humble bundle for a short time: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/killing-floor

Co-op zombie game
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 4. Jul 17, 01:26

Shadow Warrior classic free on gog.com

https://www.gog.com/game/shadow_warrior_complete

korio
Moderator (Español)
Moderator (Español)
x4

Post by korio » Fri, 7. Jul 17, 18:04

Rise son of rome free on "gamessesions"

https://www.gamesessions.com/zz/Game/RyseSonOfRome

They say that you can get it too on steam once you play for some minutes, im investigating it, as soon as i check if thats true i will tell you!

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 7. Jul 17, 19:11

korio wrote:Rise son of rome free on "gamessesions"

They say that you can get it too on steam once you play for some minutes, im investigating it, as soon as i check if thats true i will tell you!
You have to buy it to get the steam key, and you have to play the game for 5 minutes and watch a sponsor message to get it for free, or so they say, as I'm still downloading it.

I love it they say that their downloader is up to 3 times faster than steam, I would say it is actually more than 3 times slower than steam. I can download 1 gig in around 1 minute with steam, even when using my VPN. It's nearly an hour so far on gamesessions, and it has only downloaded just under 9 gig, and that's with the VPN turned off, steam would have finished downloading half an hour ago.

korio
Moderator (Español)
Moderator (Español)
x4

Post by korio » Fri, 7. Jul 17, 19:20

felter wrote:
korio wrote:Rise son of rome free on "gamessesions"

You have to buy it to get the steam key, and you have to play the game for 5 minutes and watch a sponsor message to get it for free, or so they say, as I'm still downloading it.

I love it they say that their downloader is up to 3 times faster than steam, I would say it is actually more than 3 times slower than steam. I can download 1 gig in around 1 minute with steam, even when using my VPN. It's nearly an hour so far on gamesessions, and it has only downloaded just under 9 gig, and that's with the VPN turned off, steam would have finished downloading half an hour ago.
Seems like for ryse all you need to do is play the 5 minutes, then they will give you the steam key for free, atleast that's what people is saying in the spanish tech blog i saw this.

I will confirm it as soon as i can finish download, still 10gb left, and yes, its indeeed so much slower than steam.

EDIT: I have been testing it, seems like you DON'T get a steam code, but you get the full game in the gamessessions platform, so if you want the game you can just play it for 5 min and keet it in your gamessessions account.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 7. Jul 17, 21:46

Any idea on how to get rid of the gamesessions shift-tab box, it's bugging me.

korio
Moderator (Español)
Moderator (Español)
x4

Post by korio » Fri, 7. Jul 17, 21:55

felter wrote:Any idea on how to get rid of the gamesessions shift-tab box, it's bugging me.
I dont think its worth, from time to time it will pop a window totally cutting the game with some ads from gamessesions.

And i dont know how to get rid of the alt tab window.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Fri, 7. Jul 17, 22:00

@ Korio ... It appears there is no such thing as a Free Lunch ,,, In the end the Piper will exact a payment ..... :(

korio
Moderator (Español)
Moderator (Español)
x4

Post by korio » Fri, 7. Jul 17, 22:14

birdtable wrote:@ Korio ... It appears there is no such thing as a Free Lunch ,,, In the end the Piper will exact a payment ..... :(
Check my edit a couple post earlier, you get the game free, but on gamessesions, not in steam.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 10. Jul 17, 18:30

Four misplaced posts moved to the Steam Summer Sale thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Tue, 11. Jul 17, 08:26

VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Sun, 16. Jul 17, 09:12

Jotun free on gog.com right now!
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 16. Jul 17, 15:00

.. and Jotun Valhalla Edition is currently free on Steam too.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “Off Topic English”