[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 19:17

Hmm ok, thanks for the report.

I think I'm going to change the Autopopulate script and force it to populate all sectors, except those that are at war, and invaded by OCV. I don't know why I chose to populate sectors only in certain conditions... That's the magic of going back to old code.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 21:13

To save performance? I don't know if it does.

Also happy birthday Mayhem 2
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 21:51

No it does not. It was to keep the universe "vanilla-like" and create a sense of realism, in a way that factions would build stations only if certain conditions were met. Maybe it was a good idea at some point, now it isn't, and I just rewrote the whole thing. Autopopulate is now independent and looks at sectors one by one.

"Realism"... Sometimes you just think too much of that little thing. At the end, it's all about making things believable instead of realistic. We have a word in French, it's "vraisemblable"; meaning "seems to be true" (and it's not, and it's good).

But I digress, it was a sh*tty script.

kolimbo
x4

Post by kolimbo » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 22:28

Is there no way to tune engine/rudder of claimed ships?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 23:11

Yeah, I'll make something.

Reaper507

Post by Reaper507 » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 09:46

Is there a way to obtain crystals (red, blue, ...) other than their purchase?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 10:46

Sure, mining. In Mayhem, mining is really rewarding.

Reaper507

Post by Reaper507 » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 14:06

> All your sectors can support a limited number of stations, as well as only 1 Sanctuary (your HQ/Shipyard/Dock Equipment) and 1 Research station.

How many?

kolimbo
x4

Post by kolimbo » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 14:44

Joubarbe wrote:Sure, mining. In Mayhem, mining is really rewarding.
Isn't mining limited? You eventually run out of asteroids do you not?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 14:51

@Reaper507: Go into the Ministry of War screen. Each sector has different statistics.

@kolimbo: Miners mine debris. And, well, if you run out of them, please come back again and tell us about it.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 23:02

kolimbo wrote:
Mobile mining. No, you won't run out of debris before you grow bored of the game, and/or have already taken over half the universe.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 23:51

Sirrobert wrote:
kolimbo wrote:
Mobile mining. No, you won't run out of debris before you grow bored of the game, and/or have already taken over half the universe.
And if you do run out you can always smash some of the existing roids and create more debris. However, unless you go totally overboard and create a mining fleet with hundreds of ships I seriously doubt one will run out of debris in the foreseeable future.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Reaper507

Post by Reaper507 » Mon, 26. Jun 17, 12:19

Is there something like a calculator for calculating production in the sector?

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Mon, 26. Jun 17, 20:06

After reading the patch notes for the upcoming 2.10, does the player have a safe sector anymore when choosing the "scratch" start?
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 26. Jun 17, 21:07

No. The reason for that is pretty simple: you are (way) smarter than the AI. Make your own safe sectors.

The "Scratch" gamestart starts with reputation rank 0 with Commonwealth+, a TS (abandoned nearby when you start) and your first Sanctuary costs nothing in reputation. That's actually my favorite gamestart and I should have done this a long time ago :) That couldn't come without the free sanctuary build however.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Mon, 26. Jun 17, 23:15

Also you can build Orbital Weapons Platforms.
Come at me with those fleets bro.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Tue, 27. Jun 17, 08:06

So 2.10... basically if something destroys a sanctuary that sector has to be abandoned and then retaken to get a new one?

With no safe sector that might be a crushing (and totally random) harsh punishment - especially early on when one cant really do much against a serious invasion yet...

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Tue, 27. Jun 17, 09:27

Joubarbe wrote:No. The reason for that is pretty simple: you are (way) smarter than the AI. Make your own safe sectors.

The "Scratch" gamestart starts with reputation rank 0 with Commonwealth+, a TS (abandoned nearby when you start) and your first Sanctuary costs nothing in reputation. That's actually my favorite gamestart and I should have done this a long time ago :) That couldn't come without the free sanctuary build however.
After not touching the mod for a long time, NOW the game is gonna get interesting. Looking forward for the patch!
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Tue, 27. Jun 17, 09:34

Teladidrone wrote:So 2.10... basically if something destroys a sanctuary that sector has to be abandoned and then retaken to get a new one?

With no safe sector that might be a crushing (and totally random) harsh punishment - especially early on when one cant really do much against a serious invasion yet...
How exactly is your early game, that you are at serious risk of an invasion?
I only take sectors that border a friendly race until I'm ready for the fight myself.

Besides, he also stated that sanctuary has the lowest priority of all stations in an invasion. So they won't be the first to fall, they'll be the last.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Tue, 27. Jun 17, 10:58

Yes, I can control the mayhem invasions by only taking "safe" sectors so to speak... but I am more concerned about "natural" disasters (Xenon, Pirates) who might come knocking.
You are kinda stuck on the Eastside for a good long time in the beginning... and out there those buggers are plentiful.

In my game one of the first OCV waves even swept down the Omicron channel starting right next to me in Tokyo Lambda (imagine my panic at first!) and I could only watch in horror what they were doing to the races milliary.
If they would have paid me a visit on their way... I had only one M7 and a handful M6 to my name. Total sector loss would have been guaranteed.

PS:
Something else I noticed... Ministry of War shows number of Xenons in the sector list.
Any particular reason for that?
Even more so, the numbers apparently update in real-time without me having assets or even a satellite in the sectors... :o
Some hidden agenda/mechanic I am not aware of?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”