Some kind of loud static noise in the main menu

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Heinz-Fiction
x3ap

Some kind of loud static noise in the main menu

Post by Heinz-Fiction » Tue, 27. Jun 17, 23:56

Hey guys,

ive downloaded AP today and got a strange issue. I cant really find any good solution via search function or google so i guess it not happen that often. I can hear the sound effects loud and clear, but the music dont play correctly. instead, a very loud and annoying noise appears in the main menu. i have found a thread in the steamforums concerning this problem. one of them says that i have to download some kind of cccp codec and change some of its settings, which doesnt solve the problem for me. the other solution is better, but far from perfect. I have to convert all soundtrack files from mp3 to wma. I can hear music after that, but every track aborts after 30 seconds or so and start again, which is really annoying.
Maybe you guys got a similar problem and have a working solution for me?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 28. Jun 17, 13:47

Please post at least your DxDiag. That all does sound like a codec and/or sound driver issue.

Oh and make sure you use a speaker layout such as stereo or quadraphonic in your sound control panel and that the in-game EAX option is set to off as the X3 games in OSs after XP do not support 5.1/7.1 surroundsound layout nor EAX.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”