Final Fantasy XIV

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 20. Feb 17, 02:09

Didn't realise this till earlier tonight. I also lost all of my macros that I had made for crafting, I'm going to have to try and remake them all again, and some of them were pretty darn long. :cry:
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 28. Feb 17, 13:54

This is why the game is still popular and why sometimes we still have to join a queue to enter the game as the servers are full. They have a new addon game coming out soon, and here they are with a patch not just sorting out bugs and tweaking the game, but actually adding new content and new features.

Looking forward to the custom deliveries, and the chance of getting some new recipes.

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Wed, 1. Mar 17, 20:29

I've already pre-ordered Stormblood on Steam. I believe there will be early access...

I'm levelling all the crafting classes now seeing as, apart from Paladin and Ninja, it's the only classes I have left to play.
Its more engaging than I thought it would be. Ixal beast tribe quests and Grand Company turn ins are daily and can keep me occupied for hours. Found a useful tool too: http://garlandtools.org/db/
You search for things you need to craft, select "add to crafting list" and it will tell you all the base materials you need and where to get them.

Currently have all crafting classes between 20 and 30. Long ways to go yet but I'll get there.

Also got stuck into PvP recently. I think I'm not very good but have a win ratio of over 50% so that's good. The PvP gear and mounts looked too good to ignore and I was told the current event will only be around for 1-2 months.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 19. Mar 17, 23:02

So I was in Aery last night and the lesser panda dropped on the last fight, and no one wanted it, I doubt they even checked to see what the drop was. I have to say that the lesser panda is now my most favourite pet, it's brilliant. If you use the /beckon command on it, it climbs up your back onto your shoulders with it's head basically resting on the top of your head, and it looks like some kind of headgear. with a head and tail falling down your back. The coolest minion so far that I have without a doubt. Can't believe no one else wanted it, especially seeing as it sells on the market for 150K+.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 10. Apr 17, 20:00

Talk about busy, I got a DC tried to log back on and got the message 1365 people in the queue in front of me, it's close to my dinner, so I just logged back off. not seen a queue like that for a long time.

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Tue, 11. Apr 17, 00:07

felter wrote:Talk about busy, I got a DC tried to log back on and got the message 1365 people in the queue in front of me, it's close to my dinner, so I just logged back off. not seen a queue like that for a long time.
Yeah I had that too. Either Zodiark or the Chaos Data Cluster choked and everyone got booted. Was stable again right after though.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 19. Apr 17, 15:46

I have just came upon this bit of news. It turns out SE have done away with their 14 day trial, and have replaced it with a no time limit free to play mode. There are some restrictions, for starters the big one, you can only level a character up to level 35, which is still a fair amount of content seeing as this means you have access to the first 8 dungeons, 12 Guldhests and 2 Trials, so Ifrit and Titan. There is the usual restrictions, like a lot of the chat is unusable, the mail system, FC's, retainers and not being able to trade with others or sell on the market, but still, the gameplay is still there. You can party and play with friends, you just can't create the party with them, they have to do it with you. Worth it for free.

Also here's one I'm not too sure on. They also have a television show coming out called, Final Fantasy XIV: Daddy of Light. It's being released in Japan this month, but Netflix have the rights to it and are showing it sometime later in the year, around Autumn time. It's about a son who buys his Father a copy of Final Fantasy 14 for the PS4, and then joins his Dad to play the game with him, without telling his Dad it's him he is playing with. The show contains live action and actual gameplay. Will have to wait and see about that one.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 24. Apr 17, 18:41

Okay I finally got fed up with people sending unsolicited join our FC requests, decide the only way to stop them as SE have never included a, I don't want to join your FC option, is to start my own private FC. But I need three signatures, so I was wondering if any of you guys on Zodiark have any characters that can sign my charter.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 25. Apr 17, 00:47

Got my 3 signatures, well actually got 4 but one left before I could register the FC. So I now have my own FC with a total of 1 members. :D

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Thu, 6. Jul 17, 02:44

Completed all the new content for SB so far and I gotta say, I enjoy it a lot more the HW. Story and location are more inspiring, NPC are more interesting. The narrative inside Omega between Sid and his bromance interest are much better than the what-his-name goblin and miss look-at-this-scar on my face in Alex.

Can't wait for the new housing to unlock, hope I'm lucky to snatch one.

Return to “Off Topic English”