Aiding the war effort wont stop - resolved

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bazthebad
x3ap

Aiding the war effort wont stop - resolved

Post by bazthebad » Tue, 18. Jul 17, 10:00

I completed the mission Aiding the war effort and moved on to start work for the NMMC but during that time, i kept getting called to fight in the war sectors which i ignored because i had completed that job, anyway, i got to the final part of the NMMC job where i needed to get 46 million credits for the PHQ so i set about breaking up Nvidium rocks to have freighters and transporters collecting them to get the money, i then left the game on SETA overnight and checked the next morning to find the game was no longer in SETA and my freighters and tranporters no where near capacity and then that damn Argon commander chirped over the speakers telling me to get to the war sectors again and i realised why i could not complete collecting the nvidium rocks.

How can i leave the game in SETA without him barking orders to fight in the war effort and kicking the game out of SETA when that mission is now over ?

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Tue, 18. Jul 17, 10:34

[Esc]->Options->Game Settings->War reports->Off
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

bazthebad
x3ap

Post by bazthebad » Tue, 18. Jul 17, 11:31

Nice one, cheers :)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Aiding the war effort wont stop - resolved

Post by Nanook » Tue, 18. Jul 17, 23:57

bazthebad wrote:...
How can i leave the game in SETA without him barking orders to fight in the war effort and kicking the game out of SETA when that mission is now over ?
Just so you know, it's not a one-time mission. Those 'aiding the war effort' missions keep coming until you resolve the war plot one way or another. But as you found out, you can turn them off. If you want to do more of them later, you can always turn them back on. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 19. Jul 17, 17:57

Just so you know, those "war reports" aren't missions. They're there just to tell you that some sectors (not usually the one mentioned in the report) have changed hands.

Actual "War Sector Missions" are the usual random missions you can find anywhere, but in War Sector stations.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Missions

Post by Bill Huntington » Wed, 19. Jul 17, 21:47

You have an interesting point, Jimmy C.

The thing I've noticed is that there's one sector that highlighted and that's the one where you get credit for the kills that advance the plot. You have to main mission selected to get the current sector high-lighted. Treasure Chest is the first one but it can change if you don't go there right away.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”