So I got HTC Vive Virtual Reality

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gosnell
x4

So I got HTC Vive Virtual Reality

Post by Gosnell » Tue, 18. Jul 17, 17:05

So I got HTC Vive Virtual Reality.It really is the future of gaming.I was expecting a level of disconnect,floaty feeling,but from the games i played,its as imersive as hell.
I was wondering if anyone else has it and Star Trek Bridge Crew,would love to do a session with some of the x veterans.Finally get to order ensign Nanook around :roll: .
Asside from Star Trek ,I have been playing Gorn,its a gladiator cartoony fighter,bloody good fun and great exercise.
The cons so far include...
Damaging furniture,bones,bloodloss,and security deposit loss on my room.Nearly throwing one of my controllers out an open window after getting to into Gorn.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 18. Jul 17, 19:13

Hmm.... YT - Gorn gameplay

They're naked... Like big naked muscle-building Ken dolls, not anatomically correct. What is it with today's young gamers and naked characters? (Shower with your dad simulator, Mount your friends, etc..)

Bridge Simulator looks pretty awesome.

I've been thinking about 3D gaming, but I guess more along the lines of modding for one. Though, as I get older, the appeal of getting a decent workout in the comfort of my own house, and one that doesn't involve running, is appealing.

If I take the plunge into 3D gaming, I'll certainly be up for Bridge Commander. I wouldn't even mind being Red Shirted. :)

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Wed, 19. Jul 17, 17:40

I've got the Vive. Really looking forward to X-Rebirth VR.

Elite Dangerous is great in VR. I play all my racing Sims in VR. A Couple of flight sims too. I must admit, its been miles better than I expected.

Don't see the draw of Gorn myself. Things like lunar flight, vector 36, derailed Valley... These keep me occupied for hours.

Playing the Budget Cuts demo had me crawling around the floor. Climbing into bins and popping your head up every now and then to see if the coast is clear really made me realise how simple game mechanics morph into real immersive experiences and how room scale really is a game changer.

I have played 3D sterescopic gaming for years, so for me it was the scale and head tracking that impressed me the most. I'm loving it all so far.

As I say, I am really looking forward to the early access release of XR/VR
ZORK, IW2:EOC, GIANTS, NOLF 1, Runaway, Gothic I&II, Mafia, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, Vietcong... I Loved Those Games

theeclownbroze
x4

Post by theeclownbroze » Thu, 20. Jul 17, 05:41

I have the Rift (and play elite dangerous), but I feel a bit meh about it. Reason being is the Screen door effect which is noticeable on it and ofc, the ergonomics are lacking, with no ability to lower screen brightness and the straps and HMD being downright uncomfortable - I can only play for like 3 hours at a time and that's if I force myself.

Return to “Off Topic English”