New to the forum.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Fisken

New to the forum.

Post by Fisken » Mon, 24. Jul 17, 15:48

Hi everybody!

My name is Fredrik and Im new to the forum and fairly new to the game, i havent found my way around here yet so have some patiense for a newbe.

One thing that struk me when reading on Steam somewhere was that someone said that you can only fit 50 maries on the Skunk, but i have for some reason managed to stuff 150 of them in there and still get to use all of them when Im boarding, is it some bug thing or has it been changed since i got my game, i bought it last year.

I think it happend after my marineofficer gained some experiens or gaind a new level after i borded a Xenon ship, which you werent suposed to be abel to do either i read somewhere, well i dont know just confused.

Hope someone has some answers for a confused man

Thx/ Fredrik

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 24. Jul 17, 15:58

do you possibly confuse your attack strength with your Marine count? based on experience (of both MO and Marines) the former goes up to 252, but your Marine Count remains at 50 tops.
Or do you use mods which possibly change these rules?
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Fisken

Post by Fisken » Mon, 24. Jul 17, 16:17

Hmm... I guess I could investigate that part a bit further but I'm fairly sure that I hired 150 marines from a recruiting officer.

Fredrik

Fisken

Post by Fisken » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 08:25

Nope started a new game and whit another marine officer still can recruit 150 marines.

Don't think I have any mod that can effect it, unless it's the "more crew" one, but I only thought that effected the amount of captains and other crews you can take on for the cap ships.

Fredrik

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 13:51

I would say that the differences are almost certainly due to modding or edits. Does your Skunk have a big bulge from all those marines and pods? :D

This is typical confusion for new players who go straight into modded or edited games without first experiencing enough vanilla play to get a feel for it before deciding what aspects they would like to mod (and how and by how much) to suit their particular playstyle. It sometimes causes much headscratching especially where it invalidates common advice about vanilla gameplay.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Fisken

Post by Fisken » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 14:52

I feel I have played more then enough vanilla to know how it works and I wasn't looking for a mod to get more marines, I just got confused when every were I looked it said that you can only have a maximum of 50 marines, it got me wondering if there was something wrong whit my game in some way.

Fredrik

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 15:17

If this is the mod you're using, it doesn't seem to say anything about increasing the number of marine slots. Those are independent of NPCs in the back of your ship.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 15:58

The 'Simoom's Lantern' mod increases the Skunk's unit capacity from 50 to 150 and allows the boarding of Xenon capitals, amongst many other game changes.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Fisken

Post by Fisken » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 16:06

Yep that's the one.

Can't say I recall the name of that mod but I guess it can be integrated in any of the other I have, have to check that out ones I get back home.

Thank for all the help, I guess I get back whit a list and maybe you guys who know more than me can see if its packed up whit some other I have installed.

Fredrik

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 19:15

Mod related questions should be addressed to the Scripting and Modding forum where there's more expertise to help you. And be sure to abide by the special rules of the S&M forum posted at the top of that forum. Good luck.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Fisken

Post by Fisken » Wed, 26. Jul 17, 05:28

Sorry it slides into that for some reason, fell free to move it if you like.

Fredrik

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”