[AP] PRODIGAL SON, A Rogue's Tale - Book II

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Nathancros

Post by Nathancros » Mon, 24. Jul 17, 23:11

Sirrobert wrote:Also poor Sparky. If he didn't already, that kid is going to have super PTSD after this.
Lets face it. the poor lad has probably been running on pure adrenaline and fear for years now.

A GREAT chapter!
I can feel the rage just coming off drake like waves.
YOU attack ME!? and then i have to be nice to you!? hell no i want to BURN IT ALL, i want you on your KNEES

I can understand that feeling, Lets see if Drakey boy can reign it in.
The dog should help. hopefully..
Nullam et arcu vitae magna instabilitate omnia solvit

Am a recovering Addict of the CREATIVE FORUM.

Long live X3

Olterin
xr

Post by Olterin » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 18:30

Mmmmm.... delicious delicious chap--- a German Shepherd you say? D'awwww... :oops:

... Just what Drake needed.

Edit 2: removed redundant edit
Last edited by Olterin on Wed, 26. Jul 17, 08:26, edited 2 times in total.
"Do or do not, there is no try"
"My Other Overwhelming Mixed Assault Fleet is a Brigantine" -Seleucius, commenting on my ship naming scheme

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 18:59

Thanks guys. Glad you like it.

Quick note, though. Max is a Caucasian Shepherd, not a German Shepherd. A Caucasian Shepherd, otherwise known as an Ovcharka, is a Russian guard dog and one of the largest dog breeds around and this one was genetically engineered to be a bodyguard for the Yaki dockmaster. Max is only about 9 months old and already ways over 220lbs. By the time he's fully grown he'll be around 280-300 lbs. Standing flat footed his ears reach the top of Drake's shoulders.

Here, to put him in perspective for you. This is the Ovcharka in real life. And THIS is how I see Max.
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 21:04

Right, one of those... That's not a dog. That's a war mount.
So now next to a giant Split bodyguard, Drake has a giant dog.

I'm sure there's a mythological or legendary example of a tiny kid ordering giant monsters around.
Perhaps a good source for a name of the Phantom's command centre. Assuming there is going to be a new official one. Like a carrier.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Wed, 26. Jul 17, 03:20

Hey all, this is a test post to see if the thread is broken.

EDIT: It is apparently working fine. By way of explanation: Olterin said he wasn't able to reply. Hence the test.
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

Olterin
xr

Post by Olterin » Wed, 26. Jul 17, 08:25

... Very odd. Now it's working again. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience :S Forum was straight-up redirecting me to the index page every time I pressed reply, no amount of link fiddling or reloading or restarting the browser seemed to help :|

This is basically what I meant to post in a new reply for good visibility: The confusion between the two breeds resulted from the use of the word "ovcharka" which to my knowledge (and/or in my experience having lived in a russian-speaking area) does not specifically distinguish between the different kinds of shepherd dogs - the only ones I've known by that description have in fact been German Shepherds.
"My Other Overwhelming Mixed Assault Fleet is a Brigantine" -Seleucius, commenting on my ship naming scheme

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 26. Jul 17, 22:53

Caucasian Shepherds are what German Shepherds ride into battle. Which are ridden by Dachshunds. Who are ridden by Hamsters. So they can go for the eyes.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Thu, 27. Jul 17, 00:05

:lol:

Song Of Obsidian
x3ap

Post by Song Of Obsidian » Thu, 27. Jul 17, 02:00

Miniature giant space hamsters?

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 27. Jul 17, 03:17

I don't know what other kind you'd find wandering around on a space ship.

Also, I have this horrible image of Ea't playing with Drake's dog. On all fours, playing tug of war with his teeth. As is the dog.

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Thu, 27. Jul 17, 03:27

I figured Ea't would be too busy trying to find new ways of turning the Black Queen into foe-shaped chunky bits.

Song Of Obsidian
x3ap

Post by Song Of Obsidian » Thu, 27. Jul 17, 05:22

Ea't is somehow a single-minded master of multitasking, in my mind. He can do both while singing bawdy pirate songs all the way.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Thu, 27. Jul 17, 09:32

Scion Drakhar wrote:I figured Ea't would be too busy trying to find new ways of turning the Black Queen into foe-shaped chunky bits.
Are you telling me that Ea't would not make time to play with a giant murder dog?
Heresy!
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 27. Jul 17, 13:06

He's already worked out how to deal with her, he just likes to play with his food.

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Fri, 28. Jul 17, 02:43

Sirrobert wrote:
Scion Drakhar wrote:I figured Ea't would be too busy trying to find new ways of turning the Black Queen into foe-shaped chunky bits.
Are you telling me that Ea't would not make time to play with a giant murder dog?
Heresy!
I was just trying to work "foe-shaped chunky bits" into a sentence. :D

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 1. Aug 17, 17:38

Olterin wrote:... Very odd. Now it's working again. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience :S Forum was straight-up redirecting me to the index page every time I pressed reply, no amount of link fiddling or reloading or restarting the browser seemed to help :|

This is a well known problem of this forum. Deleting the forum cookie and restarting the browser solves it always for me. This solution was also posted by some of the forum admins, but I can't find the exact thread right now.

@Scion Drakhar: Another outstanding chapter! At the end of the last one, the action intensified, and then you continued with the Gin arc. While I first was a bit puzzled about this, I really like it now. This was your way of decreasing the story telling speed and to let the reader calm down. Great! :)

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 14. Sep 17, 16:15

*fish out the pool noodle and gently prod Scion again, just because*
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Olterin
xr

Post by Olterin » Sun, 17. Sep 17, 19:39

*fishes out another pool noodle, setting it aside gently for future prodding*

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 17. Sep 17, 20:58

I'm kind of just hoping he managed to get somewhere high and dry before the wonderful southern weather turned up.

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Wed, 20. Sep 17, 00:03

Thanks folks. I'm alive and safe. I live north of Philly, which meant all I had to deal with was some gusts of wind. My heart goes out to everyone facing flooding and fires while so many of our politicians sit idle.

I have more in the works. It's just slow going this time of year. Not sure why. In any case, keep prodding. It does me a world of good. :)

Return to “Creative Universe”