X3AP LU Newbie Tips/Questions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 23. Jul 17, 21:19

apL wrote:Alright so I went on holiday for a while and I came back a few days ago - still playing LU Vanilla (since I've set myself an aim of figuring out everything before I move to mayhem xD)

Saturn Hub Complexes - I've searched the internet to no avail, just a short, simple question - how do I upgrade one? From a 10 XL to say a 40 XL etc?
Buy a SCH 40, stop production on the SCH 10, load all stations inside it into your TL, load those stations into your SCH 40. Auction the SCH 10.

Buy the extra stations.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 00:14

On top of what Sirrobert said, note that if you do all this OOS then you can place the new, larger, SCH station on top of the old one, at the very same position. Just make sure you're not entering that sector while the 2 stations are on top of each other, once you're done with unloading the stations and asteroids from your old SCH and auctioned got rid of it, then it's safe to enter the sector again.

DO NOT FORGET TO "UNINSTALL" THE ABSORBED ASTEROID RESOURCES BEFORE SELLING A SCH, IF YOU DO YOU WILL REMOVE THOSE ASTEROID YIELDS FOREVER FROM YOUR GAME.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

apL

Post by apL » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 16:13

Gotcha! Thanks guys :D I feel like I've finally got a firm grasp on the economic side of this game. Still haven't "completed" a game yet, but my understanding has grown thanks to you guys :D

On to combat. I'm at the stage of my save where I'm just flying around making money to expand my income via bigger stations etc - and all I have is an M6 right now (and a fleet of TS and few fighters). Now that I'm getting a steady income, what do I do in terms of combat related gameplay/money-making? Right now, all I've been doing is missions (and capping ships etc), but is there a larger goal or a more effective way at making money via combat so I have something to do whilst my stations work (other than just sitting in SETA xD)

I get that the endgame goal is to build a fleet to fight the OCV (and this damn Nova corp), but I'm nowhere near that stage yet so just wondering what I can do in the meantime.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 16:19

With some of the M6 ships you can begin boarding operations. Some of them can launch Boarding Pods (only the high end M6), so check if you can.

However, training marines takes a long time, so that still includes sitting on your ass for a while.

The most interesting form of making money is simply killing stuff though. As your combat rank increases, so does your FLC, or Fight Loot Chance. AKA, a higher drop rate.
One of my favourite things to do, is find a pirate/xenon fighter cloud, jump in with my M7 loaded with Flak, and just clean house. Then send in the reaper for millions of credits in loot (and several dock agents set to sell stuff to get rid of it)
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

apL

Post by apL » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 18:22

I tried boarding operations with a Phantom. It wasn't working out for me (I trained a bunch of them to level 3/4 fighting/mech/hack/eng etc so I just gave up in the end and went for a more traditional approach.

I wasn't aware that FLC and combat rank etc were linked, I was trying to keep this low because in my last save all I did was combat and I had no stations, an M6 and a combat rating that was bringing in frigates in the missions and it was taking me too long to complete the missions ^^ I will try this path :D

Question again - what is the reaper? And dock agents for what dock/station? Because all I own right now are 2 SHCs and one normal factory complex

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 19:15

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 20:36

(He says: "too many questions, look over the wiki bitch")
(He's impolite with everyone)
(People are rude nowadays)

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 20:59

apL wrote:And dock agents for what dock/station? Because all I own right now are 2 SHCs and one normal factory complex
Dock agents are for Equipment docks, trade docks, and headquarters.
And sanctuary, if you play Mayhem.

I usually get a cheap one once I have a good SCH setup, because it makes salvage operations soooo much easier.

apL

Post by apL » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 23:49

Joubarbe wrote: (He says: "too many questions, look over the wiki bitch")
(He's impolite with everyone)
(People are rude nowadays)
Are you referring to me? About being impolite and rude? :S

I'm sorry if I come across entitled or rude, just that there is so much behind this game that I am trying to figure everything out and because the mod changes things, I dont know what is part of LU and what is vanilla so old posts/articles sometimes give me wrong information or have no information at all (cos its LU).

I truly appreciate every single answer people give as it usually saves me a tonne of time doing research or save/loading through trial and error.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 26. Jul 17, 08:45

Tssss, Grim Reaper is. Not you.

Asking questions is fine, but you should take a moment to read the wiki from A to Z, because most answers can be found there.

artisauce
x3fl

Post by artisauce » Sat, 29. Jul 17, 05:11

Hector0x wrote:Many things boil down to personal preference.

The biggest money makers are weapon factories. Someone calculated that the Mass Driver yields the most profits and you can sell infinite amounts to NPC docks.

A common strategy for early-mid game is to get a M7 player ship. The AI doesn't handle the alignment of the fixed forward guns very well, but for a player they are top notch.
Nah, actually Boron Impulse Ray factories. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”