[AL Plugin] Revelation, by Litcube - V 0.85b (Beta)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 17:24

You could use the galaxy editor, but I prefer to use a text editor like Notepad+, and the file you need to modify is located in the "maps" folder of Revelations (you may need X3 Editor to extract it from the cat/dat).

Having said that, it's not a trivial thing to do because:

1) You need to connect the map to a sector that is not unknown/pirate/xenon because otherwise the OCV will not expand past the Omicron Channel. Therefore, your proposed sector will not work
2) You will then need to manually edit the coordinates of every sector as well as the origin and target coordinates of all gates in those sectors in order to avoid overlap with other sectors
3) You may need to change the position and/or orientation of those gates so the connections look logical on the map (but that really is an aesthetics issue; not strictly necessary)
4) You need to change the location of the gate in your link system (in your case 18-16 if you were to use that) in order to connect to the rest of the channel.

If you have not done any map editing before, I recommend taking a look at the tutorials sticky to better acquaint yourself with the process.

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 18:02

I knew it was not going to be easy at all, but want to fix this for my XRMTC setup and maybe give some people an alternative position in stead it being east of Bluish Snout, Thanks Mythrantar for the advice :)
Last edited by CloneSargaent on Wed, 2. Aug 17, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 18:32

One more thing I forgot: After you know where the channel will be, you will also need to go over the script files to update them to the new coordinates of the OCV home system.
Last edited by Mythrantar on Wed, 2. Aug 17, 18:44, edited 1 time in total.

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 18:43

Got it! thanks again

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Tue, 8. Aug 17, 16:58

I just finished moving the sectors of your version of Revelations, Mythrantar. Wanted to know if there is another script besides akeela's gate connecting script, that connects the omicron channel. Also was wondering since your version is for AP, what scripts do I need to edit or delete to make it a TC compatible? O̶n̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶n̶e̶r̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶o̶d̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶?̶ (Don't worry I'm not going uploading this without your permission)

Edit#1: Is that pirate sector needed?

Update: I have gotten almost everything work, but the new positions of the sectors are only visible and traversable when I start a new game. When ever I start the plugin, after connecting the Omicron channel to the universe with akeela's connecting script my game freezes after 5 in game minutes. Even SETA'd for 15 in game minutes no freeze. So I'm stuck at wall here and could use some help. :headbang:

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Sat, 12. Aug 17, 14:44

Hey!

Sorry for the ate reply, I was on a business trip and just got back. I saw you mentioning Akeela's script so it got me wondering: Which version of Revelation did you use as your basis? LitCube's, Akeela's, OwnlyMe's, or mine?

Since you are using X3TC and not AP, I would strongly suggest using Litcube's as base, since that was specifically made for X3TC when it came out. The others are only for AP, and Akeela's specifically is buggy and would suggest against using that. I posted the link to Litcube's Revelation a few posts up.

Now, if you want to use OwnlyMe's or my version to take advantage of the improvements we made, it should work with X3TC but I cannot guarantee it. If you use ours then you don't have to worry about connection script as the way the Revelation map is designed in our versions bypasses the need for a connection script (he very last sector in the Revelation map overlaps with the actual connecting sector, but it is blank and only adds the connecting gate). You will, however, need to create a new .bod file so that your map looks ok.

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Sat, 12. Aug 17, 22:29

Late or not Thanks for the reply! :D I have been using Ownlyme and your version as my base. I looked back Ownlyme's post about his version's compatibility issues with 3 scripts for his version, but 2 them are only broken because their coordinates don't match my new sector coordinates, fixed those already. The one i did not look at before which maybe the cause of my freezes was the create ship script how it is suppose spawn OCV ships with XRM weapons and spawn the Xenon I, which is not in XRMTC.

So I decided to check the code of your version(which I'm using) and I noticed this

Code: Select all

if $Pick == {Xenon K}
$Max = $Ship-> get max upgrades for upgrade {Rudder Optimisation}
= $Ship-> install $Max units of {Rudder Optimisation}
$Installed = $Ship-> install 24 units of {Phased Plasma Generator}
if $rnd < 3
$Installed = $Ship-> install 8 units of {High Energy Particle Railgun}
else
$Installed = $Ship-> install 8 units of {Electro-Magnetic Repeater}
end
$rnd = random value between 0 and 6
if $rnd < 3
$Installed = $Ship-> install 8 units of {Concussion Impulse Generator}
else
$Installed = $Ship-> install 8 units of {Mass Driver}
end
$Installed = $Ship-> install 1 units of {Hammerhead Missile}
$Installed = $Ship-> install 5 units of {Firestorm Torpedo}
$Installed = $Ship-> install 4 units of {Hornet Missile}
$Installed = $Ship-> install 4 units of {Beluga Missile}
else if $Pick == {Unknown zzPLACEHOLDER Hauler (SH_PLACEHOLDER_79)}
$Installed = $Ship-> install 26 units of {Phased Plasma Generator}
if $rnd < 3
$Installed = $Ship-> install 8 units of {High Energy Particle Railgun}
else
$Installed = $Ship-> install 8 units of {Fragmentation Bomb Launcher}
end
$rnd = random value between 0 and 6
if $rnd == 5
$Installed = $Ship-> install 14 units of {Ion Shard Railgun}
else if $rnd < 3
$Installed = $Ship-> install 14 units of {Concussion Impulse Generator}
else
$Installed = $Ship-> install 14 units of {Mass Driver}
end
$Installed = $Ship-> install 7 units of {Firestorm Torpedo}
$Installed = $Ship-> install 4 units of {Hornet Missile}
$Installed = $Ship-> install 4 units of {Beluga Missile}
else if $Pick == {Xenon J}
$Installed = $Ship-> install 32 units of {Ion Pulse Generator}
$Installed = $Ship-> install 350 units of {Matter/Anti-matter Warhead}
$Installed = $Ship-> install 16 units of {Electro-Magnetic Repeater}
$Installed = $Ship-> install 8 units of {Firestorm Torpedo}
$Installed = $Ship-> install 5 units of {Hornet Missile}
$Installed = $Ship-> install 5 units of {Beluga Missile}
else
You can see that the Xenon K and place holder (gonna put Xenon Z there) only have one weapon compatible. Missiles look ok, but what the heck is with the Xenon J code? Why are those other weapons there instead of the compatible ones?

OwnlyMe
x4

Post by OwnlyMe » Sun, 13. Aug 17, 23:05

in my code, the xenon j gets the Matter/Anti-Matter Launcher installed instead of the Ion Pulse Generator..
but what do you mean? according to http://www.x3wiki.com/index.php/J , the weapons are okay?
the xenon k and i also get 2 types of weapons installed, due to the different slots

maybe those {...placeholder....} ships make your game crash..

Last edited by OwnlyMe on Thu, 3. May 18, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Mon, 14. Aug 17, 00:16

I'm confused because I'm running this on XRM and thought I need to change the weapons to the weapons their only compatible with in XRM. So is the code fine as is for XRM?

OwnlyMe
x4

Post by OwnlyMe » Mon, 14. Aug 17, 02:41

i dont know how xrm changed the weapon loadouts.

but since xrm doesnt have the xenon i, you need to delete the 2 code snippets with the {placeholder..} ships.
anyway i added a TC compatibility patch for my version https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 81#4664081

Last edited by OwnlyMe on Thu, 3. May 18, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.

sprIder
x4

Post by sprIder » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 16:50

Hey guys,

i made a new version of Litcubes Revelation, based on the great work of Litcube and the modification of OwnlyMe. This contains an unflat map of the Universe which is also separatly downloadable. The map will also work with the AP version of OwnlyME.
And i changed some script-files. This leads to editable attacks and equipment of the OCV in the t-file.

Code: Select all

*** set difficulty scale ***
*** 1 = easy
*** 2 = medium
*** 3 = heavy
<t id="200">1</t> *** Amount of the OCV ship equipment
<t id="201">1</t> *** Rate of big ships on the OCV invasionfleet
Just change the marked numer in
<t id="200"> 1</t> and
<t id="201">1</t>

with an editor like Notepad++ or the Microsoft Notepad

Download:

New Version with unflat map:
Revelation_0.85b_AP_v8

unflat map:
Revelation_0.85b_AP_v8_unflat-map

Installation:
As known, these files belongs to the \addon folder.

sprIder

Igor.tverd
x3ap

Post by Igor.tverd » Thu, 11. Jan 18, 21:57

@Mythrantar

I installed your modification over the base XRM and I'm getting Unknown Military Null, Unknown Colonists Null mammoths in the Channel, but not in every sector. Maybe I'm missing something? Is the TCAP required, or is the original revelation script needs to be installed before hand? I have neither.

Edit: Nvm, figured it out - because I use the Adv. Universe for XRM some of the Channel sectors were overlapping with "utility" sectors needed for jumpbeacons in Adv. Uni.

I changed gates to TOA in map file and shortened the channel to only 3 sectors. Now it works great for me with XRM, Advanced Univ, Lost Colony (modified for TOAs as well).
Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science fiction is the improbable made possible.

Cormyr
x3tc

Post by Cormyr » Sun, 1. Apr 18, 21:47

I've got a strange bug using Mythrantar's XRM version. The OCV invades and takes the first sector just fine, but the new Xenon station within this sectors doesn't seem to get any wares. It's basically 0 / 0 / 328 all the time.

Help would be appreciated. :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”