Computer start up Problem

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 20:24

I upgraded from a Radeon HD6870 that was good in its time to an XFX RX480 8 GB (2 fans) that proved very nice indeed. It was a special deal for £240 from Amazon at the time, but they seem to have moved their specials onto later and more expensive RX models now.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 21:16

birdtable wrote:This comparison may help you get started in your search

....Hope it helps a bit ... :)
Hi :)

Thanks for the link :thumb_up:
I'm looking at an ASUS RX 560 4GB at the moment (dual fan)....(£132)
There's also a Sapphire Radeon RX 560 4GB OC...a bit cheaper (single fan).

There's other makes/manufacturers but where I buy my stuff (Scan Computers) they are mostly pre-order at the moment. (I've found that Scan has always given me great service/delivery in the past though :wink: )

Oldman :)

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 11:42

Oldman wrote:
birdtable wrote:This comparison may help you get started in your search

....Hope it helps a bit ... :)

Thanks for the link :thumb_up:
I'm looking at an ASUS RX 560 4GB at the moment (dual fan)....(£132)
There's also a Sapphire Radeon RX 560 4GB OC...a bit cheaper (single fan).

There's other makes/manufacturers but where I buy my stuff (Scan Computers) they are mostly pre-order at the moment. (I've found that Scan has always given me great service/delivery in the past though :wink: )

I think there was a shortage due to crytocurrency mining. I've just bought a GT 1060 GB (Zotac £210) after a lot of searching to replace a GT 960 2gb (which has moved to my "admin" pc ). I was tempted by the RX580 8gb but they seemed to go expensive all of a sudden.

Prices seem a bit weird with the same Card (with different manufacturers ) being up to £70 more expensive.

Have you looked at the 1050 Ti 4gb scan has several of these at around £130-£140 mark? ( I note your preference for an AMD card - but I think the current AMD cards aren't as good value for money as the Nvidia ones.)
A flower?

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 17:35

Redvers Ganderpoke wrote:....Have you looked at the 1050 Ti 4gb scan has several of these at around £130-£140 mark? ( I note your preference for an AMD card - but I think the current AMD cards aren't as good value for money as the Nvidia ones.)

Thanks...I hadn't looked closely at the NVidia cards....the 1050 Ti looks interesting, and it looks like it's a bit 'faster' than the RX 560 :wink:
Price is comparable too!
I usually go the AMD Radeon way as the last NVidia card I had didn't last very long. :( (some time ago).

Return to “Off Topic English”