Dr Phil

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Mon, 31. Jul 17, 11:50

:thumb_up:
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

Warenwolf
x4

Re: Dr Phil

Post by Warenwolf » Mon, 31. Jul 17, 22:41

philip_hughes wrote:As of today, my title is Dr Philip Andrew Hughes, PhD.

I have the documents to prove it
Congratulations!

PS:
Must admit that I avoided reading this thread before I noticed who made it... Reason: the name reminded me of psychologist turned tv showman... :(

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Tue, 1. Aug 17, 03:03

Warenwolf wrote:

Congratulations!

PS:
Must admit that I avoided reading this thread before I noticed who made it... Reason: the name reminded me of psychologist turned tv showman... :(
And how did that make you feel?
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Tue, 1. Aug 17, 03:05

Usenko wrote:Unfortunately the best you can do right now is to just check that the stakes in his heart are secure. Maybe hammer another one in. ;)
I have to ensure the ropes are still tight and he is face down. Its on my to do list.
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

Mopy
x3

Post by Mopy » Sat, 5. Aug 17, 15:50

Little late, but congratulations!

You went silent for quite some time. This explains a thing or two :thumb_up:
Sig

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Sat, 5. Aug 17, 18:32

philip_hughes wrote:
Usenko wrote:Unfortunately the best you can do right now is to just check that the stakes in his heart are secure. Maybe hammer another one in. ;)
I have to ensure the ropes are still tight and he is face down. Its on my to do list.
I believe a number of former students have been making sure the holy water around his grave is fresh . . Also a few garlics have been placed in strategic locations.

Silver fittings on the coffin are also helpful. . . .
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 5. Aug 17, 19:29

Usenko wrote:
philip_hughes wrote:
I believe a number of former students have been making sure the holy water around his grave is fresh . . Also a few garlics have been placed in strategic locations.

Silver fittings on the coffin are also helpful. . . .
Do all teachers down under get as keen focus of their students?

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 05:22

This guy is a special case. It's enough to say that evil can sometimes wear a well-tailored suit. :(

(It is no exaggeration to report that most former students of his school, on hearing that this man had died, described his condition as "Satisfactory" . . . )
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 12:22

Congratulations! :D

I remember feeling so proud when my son got his PhD. and title of 'DR'
He baffles me with the research he's doing now (optoelectronics)...but he still asks me how he should go about stuff concerning DIY and general mechanical things. :wink:

Oldman :)

Return to “Off Topic English”