[X3LU] [MOD] Faster OCV expansion.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zaitsev
x4

[X3LU] [MOD] Faster OCV expansion.

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 7. Aug 17, 20:07

Faster OCV expansion - Version 1.0 (Litcube's Universe only!)

----------

Google Drive link

----------

Since the OCV expansion rate is a bit slow for my taste, I made a modified TShips file that increase the cargo space of the #deca.fade the OCV use to transport resources, thus making them expand faster. During my testing the OCV steadily conquered one sector per day for eight days, and the increased cargo space also appear to, at least partially, offset the slowdown in expansion we see from vanilla OCV. It won't be the 6 day blitzkrieg we saw in earlier versions of LU, but the increase in expansion rate should be quite noticeable.

----------

Installation instructions:

Download the file, make a folder called "types" (without quotation marks) in your /addon folder and copy the downloaded file there. Start a new game and you should be good to go.

If you absolutely don't want to lose your empire that you spent hundreds of hours building, then do an export, quit the game and install the mod, and do an import once you're done.

To uninstall, just delete the "types"-folder you made and start a new game. If you want to continue your game with the "slow" OCV then do an export, quit the game, delete the folder with the modded file and import, and everything should be back to normal.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

cmdrdingo
xr

Post by cmdrdingo » Mon, 7. Aug 17, 22:28

this was very useful to me. thanks again.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”