Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Graphics Driver (20th. Mar. 2024) - see thread..

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 1. Aug 17, 22:10

@ BugMeister & Terre: Rather OT but RealTek HD Audio Manager (RAVCpl64.exe) from R2.82 will not work with my full licence Win10 x64 (2 separate downloads and clean installs of R2.82 with 2 restarts each). I had to reinstall R2.81 to get it back and working.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 02:30

- it's the HDAudio driver - I eventually got R2.82 installed on the PC
- like you, I lost the RealTek Audio Manager interface in the process - all the codecs are in place, though..

- but it's easy enough to (say) set up the 7.1 surround using the "Configure" option in Playback devices
- there are numerous options available, most of those from the Realtek interface are there..
- Blu-Rays play full surround audio just fine using Cyberlink PowerDVD16
- and those games where surround is available all seem to function OK

OFF TOPIC again..
- I'm still getting a warning notification from Security and Maintenance in Settings,
- it tells me to finish installing Device drivers, but it's not specific about what device
- I haven't traced where it originates, yet - but the system is running OK, so far..
- all part of the fun and games that come with Win10 insider builds.. :lol:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Wed, 9. Aug 17, 11:49

Hi :)

I'm using the AMD Vision Control Centre (version7.12.07708)
I'm using a Radeon GPU HD series (R7950 3 GB).
Everything seems to work okay, but should I be using the newer Crimson version software. I'm a bit confused as the Catalyst software/drivers don't seem to update anymore. (It says unavailable in the update box when I click on it.)

Could somebody explain what I should do?....I'm a bit out of touch with the on going AMD software. :oops:

Oldman :)

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 9. Aug 17, 12:25

Hey Old :-)

Ever since I've installed the Crimson software the Catalyst features have disappeared. Instead there is the AMD Radeon Settings window with all features you need (I'm using the R9 390 on Windows 10).

I'm very happy with these and highly recommend it.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Wed, 9. Aug 17, 17:46

euclid wrote:Hey Old :-)

Ever since I've installed the Crimson software the Catalyst features have disappeared. Instead there is the AMD Radeon Settings window with all features you need (I'm using the R9 390 on Windows 10).

Cheers Euclid
Hi Thanks :)

Did you uninstall the Catalyst software/drivers first?
Or does the instillation of the Crimson software remove them automatically?

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 9. Aug 17, 22:21

Oldman wrote:
euclid wrote:Hey Old :-)

Cheers Euclid
Hi Thanks :)

Did you uninstall the Catalyst software/drivers first?
Or does the instillation of the Crimson software remove them automatically?

It was automatically replaced/removed.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Wed, 9. Aug 17, 23:39

euclid wrote:...
It was automatically replaced/removed.

Cheers Euclid

I downloaded it (Crimson) earlier this evening, and yes, all that was left of the Catalyst software was the shortcut icon which wasn't active after the download and install, so I deleted it :thumb_up:

I bought an MSI Gforce 1060 3 GB GPU yesterday which I've installed on my (newer) Intel based computer. The Radeon R7950 (which it was in) is now in my older AMD CPU based computer, so I might buy Elite Dangerous Horizons *soon*, as both computers can run it now. :) I had some graphic bugs with ED, but it's okay now that I've got the Radeon drivers/Crimson software installed.

I'm quite pleased with the Gforce Card, it's very quiet, but I'm trying to decide what applications I need to install off the driver disk/NVidia software site. (Something that shows GPU temp. etc.)

Thanks for the info. :thumb_up:

Xeelee2
x4

Post by Xeelee2 » Thu, 10. Aug 17, 14:26

Only install the latest driver direktly from Nvidia.
Dont use any drivers from the Disk because these drivers are not up to date.

For things like temp., clock,... use MSI-Afterburner.
https://msi.com/page/afterburner
"Nichts ist gleichgültiger als die Ewigkeit."
Perry Rhodan

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Thu, 10. Aug 17, 20:20

Xeelee2 wrote:...For things like temp., clock,... use MSI-Afterburner.
https://msi.com/page/afterburner

Thanks for the link, it's appreciated :thumb_up:

Smashed

Post by Smashed » Sat, 12. Aug 17, 22:33

BugMeister wrote:- I couldn't get 17.4.1 to work with DX12 games in Crossfire - via Win10..
- this one is intended to enable the Windows10 Creator's Update

- it still has some problems, ie. some older games are glitchy..
- for instance, my fave game of all time, Dungeon Siege and DSLoA..
- it complains of some missing component (- a DX3D dll, I believe..)

AMD have still got some work to do, no doubt closely associated with the evolving Windows10 program..

- I NEED my Dungeon Siege game..!!
:D :thumb_up:

PS. other than that, it works OK..

This is a long shot, but I am wondering did you ever get Dungeon siege to work? I have a Radeon 480, been trying to play DS1 legends of aranna. I have gotten it to the point where i can actually create a game, but the game freezes within the first 30 seconds. I've scoured the internet trying to find a solution, and I am out of ideas. It's a long shot but saw your post and wondered if you ever found a way. I'm using the latest drivers, 17.7.2

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sun, 13. Aug 17, 16:41

- not yet, Smashed..
- still looking
- will report back when I find a solution..

- The Dungeon Siege series must survive! :D :thumb_up:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 13. Aug 17, 18:56

Sry for going OT; was curious and inserted the DS CD into my DVD drive: It won't even read it QQ.

Cheers Euclid

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Mon, 14. Aug 17, 02:25

- it's still available for sale in disk format via a few online retailers..
- I always have a good clean copy as back-up..
- I think I've bought it at least 6 times, that I can recall..

- mind you, a few of those have disappeared into my childrens' collections.. :lol:

- I currently have three copies of DS2 + DS2BW as well, they're great at what they do..
- ok, they're dated by today's quality standards, but they are really lovingly made..

- no matter how advanced things become over time, it's also important that the "classics" remain alive and playable.. :wink:

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Fri, 25. Aug 17, 16:59

Crimson ReLive Edition 17.8.2 Optional

Date 24/8/2017

Crimson ReLive Edition 17.8.2 Optional
  • Support For

F1™ 2017
    Up to 4% performance improvement measured on Radeon RX Vega 64 graphics when compared to Radeon Software Crimson ReLive edition 17.8.1(1)
    PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS™ Early Access
    Up to 18% performance improvement measured on Radeon RX Vega 64 graphics when compared to Radeon Software Crimson ReLive edition 17.8.1(2)
    Destiny™ 2 Beta
  • Fixed Issues

Display may blank or go black after install upgrade with Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products.
    Random corruption may appear in Microsoft desktop productivity applications on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
    The "Reset" option in Radeon Settings Gaming tab may enable the "HBCC Memory Segment" feature instead of setting it to the default disabled state.
    Radeon WattMan may not reach applied overclock states on Radeon RX Vega series graphics.
    Unable to create Eyefinity configurations through the Eyefinity Advanced Setup option.
  • Known Issues

Mouse stuttering may be observed on some Radeon RX graphics products when Radeon WattMan is open and running in the background or other third party GPU information polling apps are running in the background.
    GPU Scaling may fail to work on some DirectX®11 applications.
    Windows Media Player may experience an application hang during video playback if Radeon ReLive is actively recording desktop.
    Secondary displays may show corruption or green screen when the display/system enters sleep or hibernate with content playing.
    After resuming from sleep and playing back video content the system may become unresponsive on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
    Bezel compensation in mixed mode Eyefinity cannot be applied.
Open Rights Group - Is your site being blocked
Electronic Frontier Foundation - Online Censorship
The Linux Foundation - Let’s Encrypt
Check if your Email account has been pwned

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 25. Aug 17, 21:29

- thanks, Terre..

- only just installed the 17.8.1 version and then this one comes along..

- runs fine here.. :D :thumb_up:

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 23:14

17.9.1 is available at AMD

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.9.1 Highlights

Fixed Issues
- After resuming from sleep and playing back video content the system may become unresponsive on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- Radeon ReLive Toolbar and Instant Replay features may experience issues or fail to work when playing Guild Wars 2™.
- Mouse stuttering may be observed on some Radeon RX graphics products when Radeon WattMan is open and running in the background or other third party GPU information polling apps are running in the background.
- Radeon Software Installer may shrink or appear very small when installing on some 4K HDTVs.
- Radeon Settings may sometimes experience a hang or crash when viewing the Display tab.
- Moonlight Blade™ may fail to launch on some Radeon Graphics Core Next series products.
- Titanfall™ 2 may experience a hang or crash on some Radeon GCN1.0 series graphics products.
- Random corruption may appear in Microsoft desktop productivity applications.

Known Issues
- On a limited number of systems Radeon Software may display an erroneous "1603 Error" after installing Radeon Software. This error will not affect your Radeon Software installation.
- Unstable Radeon WattMan profiles may not be restored to default after a system hang. A workaround is to launch Radeon WattMan after reboot and restore settings to default.
- Overwatch™ may experience a random or intermittent hang on some system configurations.
- GPU Scaling may fail to work on some DirectX®11 applications.
- Secondary displays may show corruption or green screen when the display/system enters sleep or hibernate with content playing.
- Bezel compensation in mixed mode Eyefinity cannot be applied.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Tue, 24. Oct 17, 10:09

Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.2 Optional

Date 23/10/2017

Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.2 Optional

Support For
  • Windows®10 Fall Creators Update
    This release provides initial support for the Windows®10 Fall Creators Update. For more information please visit here.
    Wolfenstein™ II: The New Colossus
    Up to 8% faster performance on Radeon™ RX Vega56 (8GB) graphics than with Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.1 at 2560x1440. (RS-188)
    Up to 4% faster performance on Radeon RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.1 at 2560x1440. (RS-189)
    Destiny 2™
    Up to 43% faster performance on Radeon™ RX Vega56 (8GB) graphics than with Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.1 at 2560x1440.(RS-184)
    Up to 50% faster performance on Radeon RX 580 (8GB) graphics than with Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.1 at 2560x1440.(RS-185)
    Assassin's Creed™: Origins
    Up to 16% faster performance on Radeon™ RX Vega56 (8GB) graphics than with Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.1 at 2560x1440.(RS-186)
    Up to 13% faster performance on Radeon RX 580(8GB) graphics than with Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.1 at 1920x1080. (RS-187)
    GPU Workload
    A new toggle in Radeon Settings that can be found under the "Gaming", "Global Settings" options. This toggle will allow you to switch optimization between graphics or compute workloads on select Radeon RX 500, Radeon RX 400, Radeon R9 390, Radeon R9 380, Radeon R9 290 and Radeon R9 285 series graphics products.
    Compute Support
    Radeon Software now supports compute workloads for up to 12 installed Radeon RX 400, Radeon RX 500 or Radeon RX Vega series graphics products on Windows®10 system configurations.
Fixed Issues
  • Radeon Software may not appear in the uninstall options under "Apps and Features" on Windows® operating systems after a Radeon Software upgrade.
    Minor corruption may appear in PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS™ in some game locations when using Ultra graphics settings in game.
    Radeon Wattman may fail to apply user adjusted voltage values on certain configurations.
    AMD XConnect™ Technology enabled system configurations may not be detected when plugged in or connected to a system after being previously unplugged during system sleep or hibernation.
    Hearts of Iron™ IV may experience a crash or system hang during some scenario gameplay.
    Radeon Settings gaming tab may not automatically populate games detected on the users system.
Known Issues
  • A random system hang may be experienced after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPU's for compute workloads.
    Assassin's Creed™: Origins may experience an intermittent application or system hang when playing on Windows®7 system configurations.
    The GPU Workload feature may cause a system hang when switching to Compute while AMD CrossFire is enabled. A workaround is to disable AMD CrossFire before switching the toggle to Compute workloads.
    Resizing the Radeon Settings window may cause the user interface to stutter or exhibit corruption temporarily.
    Corruption may be experienced in Forza Motorsport™ 7 on some HDR displays with HDR enabled in game.
    Radeon WattMan reset and restore factory default options may not reset graphics or memory clocks and unstable Radeon WattMan profiles may not be restored to default after a system hang.
    OverWatch™ may experience a random or intermittent hang on some system configurations. Disabling Radeon ReLive as a temporary workaround may resolve the issue.
    When recording with Radeon ReLive on Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products GPU usage and clocks may remain in high states. A workaround is to disable and then re-enable Radeon ReLive.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 3. Nov 17, 11:26

- there's a 17.11.1 driver available over at AMD

Release Notes:

Fixed Issues

Mass Effect™: Andromeda may experience incorrect colors when using an HDR display and a secondary SDR display connected in extended mode.
Fan speeds when using Radeon WattMan may remain elevated and not drop back to idle states after 3D workloads.
Some video playback applications may experience stutter in fullscreen with AMD FreeSync™ technology enabled.
Radeon ReLive may exhibit corruption in recordings when capturing Microsoft Office applications.
Radeon ReLive may experience recording or streaming issues when task switching using ALT+TAB.

Known Issues

Radeon WattMan fan settings may reset to defaults on Radeon Software upgrade to 17.7.2.
Tekken™ 7 may experience a crash (Chapter 13) on some Radeon RX 380 Series graphics products.
GPU Scaling may fail to work on some DirectX®11 applications.
4x Multi-GPU system configurations may fail to enable AMD CrossFire technology mode due to a missing toggle in Radeon Settings.
Some protected content applications may experience an HDCP error code while playing BluRay content. A workaround is to unplug and re-plug the connected display or turn the display off and then back on.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Fri, 3. Nov 17, 11:56

BugMeister wrote:- there's a 17.11.1 driver available over at AMD

Release Notes:

Fixed Issues
Known Issues
Odd; The release notes I read said.

Support For

Call of Duty®: WWII
Up to 5% faster performance on Radeon™ RX Vega64 (8GB) graphics than with Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.3 at 2560x1440. (1)
AMD XConnect™ Technology
Now supported on Radeon RX Vega56 series graphics products for select eGPU enclosures.

Fixed Issues

Radeon Software may intermittently cause an application crash on limited numbers of DirectX®11 or OpenGL applications on their first run.
Some gaming or productivity applications may experience a random hang or application crash when performing task switching.
Radeon WattMan reset and restore factory default options may not reset graphics or memory clocks.
Radeon WattMan reset and restore factory default options may not reset graphics or memory clocks.
Oculus™ Dash may experience a random application hang.
Radeon Settings may experience overlapping text or corruption in the Multi GPU profiles page.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®: Wildlands may experience minor corruption with Anisotropic Filtering (AF) enabled.
Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ may experience ghosting or distortion in gameplay on Multi GPU enabled system configurations.
AMD XConnect™ Technology products may not be detected/enabled on reconnection if previously disconnected during system sleep
A limited number of system devices such as printers may be removed during Radeon Software uninstallation.

Known Issues

Some desktop productivity apps may experience latency when dragging or moving windows.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege may experience an application hang when breaching walls with grenades or explosives.
Rise of the Tomb Raider™ may experience an intermittent application hang during gameplay.
A random system hang may be experienced after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPU’s for compute workloads.
The GPU Workload feature may cause a system hang when switching to Compute while AMD CrossFire is enabled. A workaround is to disable AMD CrossFire before switching the toggle to Compute workloads.
Resizing the Radeon Settings window may cause the user interface to stutter or exhibit corruption temporarily.
Unstable Radeon WattMan profiles may not be restored to default after a system hang.
OverWatch™ may experience a random or intermittent hang on some system configurations. Disabling Radeon ReLive as a temporary workaround may resolve the issue.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 17. Nov 17, 15:22

17.11.2 now available from AMD:
https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/ ... ws+10+-+64

Release Notes:

Fixed Issues
Radeon Software may intermittently cause an application crash on limited numbers of DirectX®11 or OpenGL applications on their first run.
Some gaming or productivity applications may experience a random hang or application crash when performing task switching.
Oculus™ Dash may experience a random application hang.
Radeon Settings may experience overlapping text or corruption in the Multi GPU profiles page.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®: Wildlands may experience minor corruption with Anisotropic Filtering (AF) enabled.
Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ may experience ghosting or distortion in gameplay on Multi GPU enabled system configurations.
AMD XConnect™ Technology products may not be detected/enabled on reconnection if previously disconnected during system sleep
A limited number of system devices such as printers may be removed during Radeon Software uninstallation.

Known Issues
Some desktop productivity apps may experience latency when dragging or moving windows.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege may experience an application hang when breaching walls with grenades or explosives.
Rise of the Tomb Raider™ may experience an intermittent application hang during gameplay.
A random system hang may be experienced after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPU’s for compute workloads.
Unstable Radeon WattMan profiles may not be restored to default after a system hang.
OverWatch™ may experience a random or intermittent hang on some system configurations. Disabling Radeon ReLive as a temporary workaround may resolve the is

Return to “Off Topic English”