[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 15:23

Has anyone experimented with plunking the Star Wars Reborn mod on top of XRM? I'm sure they're not 100% compatible, but I have rather fallen in love with the ships from SWR, but I cannot stand the vanilla war. It *seems* that SWR is more-or-less a ship replacement without a whole lot else.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 15:45

If you mix two mods together, you will most probably get a result with many problems. You will have to manually merge the t-files from both mods - good luck with this.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 15:48

*Sigh*

Yea, I have to agree with you. There are problems I don't have the patience to deal with. Hmph. I MUCH prefer the ships from the Star Wars mod. The X3 ships are just...odd.

captainradish
x4

XRM - What's the ship in the main menu?

Post by captainradish » Tue, 8. Aug 17, 04:08

Question is in the title. The ship that cruises by in the XRM main menu is dead sexy, but I have no idea what it is. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: merged with XRM thread as per S&M forum posting rules. X2-Illuminatus

BlackArchon
xr

Re: XRM - What's the ship in the main menu?

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 8. Aug 17, 18:03

captainradish wrote:Question is in the title. The ship that cruises by in the XRM main menu is dead sexy, but I have no idea what it is. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: merged with XRM thread as per S&M forum posting rules. X2-Illuminatus
It's the OTAS Tempest. This was the first ship which let me kill a Kha'ak Advanced Destroyer in 1v1 combat without missiles.

Kaunit

Post by Kaunit » Wed, 9. Aug 17, 22:13

So, I currently have a lot of free time on my hands and therefore I think about starting another run of XRM. However, I've already played both the mod and the base game god knows how many times. Because of that, I'm thinking of playing with a little more role-play in mind this time.

So this time, I'm not going to play just some random space tycoon, but a random space tycoon who follows certain goals and restrictions. I once played a game where I acted as a pirate empire, only using captured or self-built pirate ships whenever possible and it was a hell of a blast. Additionally, I only traded with Teladi, Split and a bit with the Argon, which made the game very fun.

Long story short: what are some interesting 'roles' to play as in XRM? I'm fancy the Xenon start a bit, but I'm afraid it might be a bit too harsh on restrictions, playing a self-aware machine...

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 9. Aug 17, 23:11

The Xenon start can be really fun, especially if you are starting at Freedom's Reach (there are more than one possible starting locations). It was quite exhausting to fight my way out of all the enemy sectors. But roleplay wise I can't really imagine what would fit with a Xenon...

Have you considered going Goner? Being a peaceful community member, you aren't allowed to build any weapon or missile factories. Of course you will also only use Goner ships. With the Crusader (M3) and the Paladin (M2), there are combat capable options.

An Aldrin patriot might be also something to think about. Using only Aldrin ships (maybe with the exception of old Terraformer ships from the secret shipyard) and allowed to build factories only in the Aldrin sector, your task is to defend your systems against the Xenon threat coming from east of Segaris. In the later stages you can even try to attack Xenon Core 023 and Xenon Sector 695.

Malaras
x4

Post by Malaras » Sat, 26. Aug 17, 12:51

Well i made a .cat and .dat to change size for jumpdrive but it isn't working for some reason? opened and closed plugin manager etc. have no clue why it isnt working...as last one should overwrite first ones?

bluesoulsez
x3ap

Post by bluesoulsez » Tue, 29. Aug 17, 20:00

Just a heads up, version 1.30d has been archived and is available at:

https://poisonedparanid.com/file/15/x-rebalance-mod-xrm

I've taken the 3 parts, put them in one zip, and uploaded that way. Linux users will want to skip installation of the 'mov' and 'soundtrack' folders from the archive.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 29. Aug 17, 20:32

bluesoulsez wrote:Just a heads up, version 1.30d has been archived and is available at:

https://poisonedparanid.com/file/15/x-rebalance-mod-xrm

I've taken the 3 parts, put them in one zip, and uploaded that way. Linux users will want to skip installation of the 'mov' and 'soundtrack' folders from the archive.
While you're at it, please consider also saving the hull packs. :)

bluesoulsez
x3ap

Post by bluesoulsez » Tue, 29. Aug 17, 20:38

BlackArchon wrote:While you're at it, please consider also saving the hull packs. :)
Sure. I'm looking through the first few posts, if it's not there and instead on one of the other 1800-odd pages of this thread please post them here.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 29. Aug 17, 21:01

bluesoulsez wrote:
BlackArchon wrote:While you're at it, please consider also saving the hull packs. :)
Sure. I'm looking through the first few posts, if it's not there and instead on one of the other 1800-odd pages of this thread please post them here.
They are on the very first post of this thread under the caption "Hull Multiplication Packs".

Xe-131
x4

Post by Xe-131 » Wed, 30. Aug 17, 17:47

Hi,

I'm having much fun on this mod but there's one thing that bugs me and another I'd like to know:
  • Having played Litcube's Universe a lot recently, I like having SETA only turn off when I turn the ship or press "J" again. Is there a way I can get this to happen on XRM?

Can capital ships bail without boarding? If not, is there a way to change this?
Thanks!

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 30. Aug 17, 18:10

Xe-131 wrote:...
Having played Litcube's Universe a lot recently, I like having SETA only turn off when I turn the ship or press "J" again. Is there a way I can get this to happen on XRM?
Short answer: No.
Long answer: Sure, just ask Litcube how he did it and port this to XRM.
Xe-131 wrote:Can capital ships bail without boarding? If not, is there a way to change this?
Surely there is a way, since Litcube did it with LU. Just ask him how he did it and port this to XRM.

I know these aren't the answers you wanted to hear. These features don't exist in XRM.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 09:38

Can't believe there are people still playing this mod 6 years after we released it.

As you may have now all guessed, development of this mod has ceased. Ive not fired up x3 for a couple of years now (I've got back into writing music in a big way - so no time for these in depth games any more)

I apologise for the broken download links. I will try and remember to get them back up and working again.

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 15:43

paulwheeler wrote:Can't believe there are people still playing this mod 6 years after we released it.
You should not be surprised as its the best combat mod(personal combat and money from it) for x3, LU is more for fleet actions and xtended has a bit of a boring universe until the invasions start happening(its also a bit too balanced)
Can capital ships bail without boarding? If not, is there a way to change this?
You can use the npc bail plugin for large ship bailing but I would not recommend it in XRM as there is so much combat it would make it absurdly easy(large ships everywhere)

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 16:35

paulwheeler wrote:Can't believe there are people still playing this mod 6 years after we released it.

As you may have now all guessed, development of this mod has ceased. Ive not fired up x3 for a couple of years now (I've got back into writing music in a big way - so no time for these in depth games any more)

I apologise for the broken download links. I will try and remember to get them back up and working again.
I really want to thank you for XRM. This and LU give me a perfect symbiosis for my X3 needs: If I want to have action and constant combat without the need to constantly care about empire management (or other threats like Phanon and the OCV), I choose XRM. Especially in days and weeks where my work is more mentally exhausting, I really appreciate XRM after work. :)

This race-specific, really distinctive combat feeling is what lets me return to XRM every time.

And with my combat performance patch, I can really enjoy bigger fleet battles, because the game's performance isn't dropping so low.

SimB
x4

Post by SimB » Thu, 14. Sep 17, 11:46

Is there a list where I can see which M7 / M1 / M2 can also dock TS / M6 ships?

I want to upgrad from my M6 Centaur Sentinel to a M7 Cerberus or M1 Galleon, but then I also need a TS / M6 dock on it.

PS: Great mod. Having loads of fun on my current playthrough!

Rutka
x4

Post by Rutka » Thu, 14. Sep 17, 17:36

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 14. Sep 17, 19:35

You have linked the special LU version of zanzal's great "Ship browser" script - the default version works fine for XRM, which can be found here: https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 19#4341419

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”