X Rebirth mods for XRVR without/with Steam - *NOT RESOLVED*

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rp198419

X Rebirth mods for XRVR without/with Steam - *NOT RESOLVED*

Post by rp198419 » Thu, 10. Aug 17, 17:46

Many of us I am sure do not have the original X Rebirth on Steam.

Whilst many mods are in the Steam workshop, some of which work with XRVR, this seems useless as subscribing to an XR workshop mod does NOT mean that Steam will download the mod to XRVR.

Installing manually is not an option as Steam does not allow you to download the mod outside of the XR workshop.

This means that unless you have XR, users of XRVR cannot use any of the existing compatible mods. For most mods, there seems to be no alternative download source.

Suggestions/workarounds please.
Last edited by rp198419 on Sat, 12. Aug 17, 17:36, edited 2 times in total.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 10. Aug 17, 17:50

As mentioned in the XR VR EA FAQ Steam Workshop support for XR VR is being worked on. In the meantime, manually installing mods would be the way to go.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

rp198419

Post by rp198419 » Thu, 10. Aug 17, 20:39

Thank you so much. I had no idea that http://steamworkshopdownloader.com/ even existed.

Brilliant!

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 10. Aug 17, 21:30

Nexusmods also has a pretty decent mod selection. (Some of which you will only find there)

Also, do chech the compatibility thread in the modding forum. This list is not 100% accurate nor exhaustive, but it's a good place to start. (By not 100% accurate, I mean some mods have never been checked up for recent compatibility. I still play with mods listed for v3.50 without problems)

As a rule of thumbs, I try to avoid installing more than 1-2 mods at once. It allows to easily identify which mod could cause potential compatibility issues. I also try to avoid using mods that doesn't allow savegame compatibility upon removal of the mod. That way, you are always free to continue your game in case a new patch screw up with compatibility. This should be especially important in this case, since XRVR is still in early access and prone to change.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Thu, 10. Aug 17, 23:40

@rp198419

You will need both that steam-download website to download the .dat files ... and this:

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=388403

It will unpack the .dat since without the companion .cat file, the mod will not work.

Just put the exe in a folder, and drag + drop the downloaded dat on the .exe in windows explorer.

It will create a folder that you can then copy paste into the Extensions folder.

Make sure the mod is enabled in game as well.

rp198419

Post by rp198419 » Fri, 11. Aug 17, 15:29

many thanks to all for your most helpful responses. Much appreciated.

rp198419

Post by rp198419 » Sat, 12. Aug 17, 17:43

Tried this for the 'Shut UP' mod to get rid of all the NPC voices designed for 12 year old console players. Didn't work and if XRVR is to be serious, it needs its own Workshop.

Just my opinion of course; I hate the control that Steam enforces over everything, not to mention their incessant 'in your face' advertising on every page.

The sooner Ego gets a proper Workshop for XRVR the better, especially if we are to be forced to use the awful, life-sucking Steam to access everything.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 12. Aug 17, 18:33

then its possible the mod is not compatible, or you made a mistake somewhere. can you post the debuglog from a game startup?
https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... d=30113934
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”